Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:28:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was this important Monero thread locked?  (Read 888 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:20:43 PM

Why u lock this epic thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925649.0

Cry Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry

Need to post "Monero under $10, wat r u wait for, stupid idiot?" reply.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm puzzled myself. Trying to unlock:  An Error Has Occurred!
This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.

Please help me understand this.

Thank you.

-mm
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 10:01:40 PM

I might've locked it for simply being pointless promotion / ad spam without any kind of constructive content in OP (yet actually accumulating tons of non spam responses). If it only had a few, I probably would've trashed it.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:56:57 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 12:31:29 PM by Febo

mprep i think you missed the point.

It is a history. A moment to remember.

Should be legendary threads about "I AM HODLING" or "I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen." in Bitcoin speculations also locked? It is full of not constructing posts. But many read it and remember old days and some new look at what they missed.

Such actions deeply disappoint me. To lock such thread and in same time you let Monero FUDers, open 5-10 threads daily mocking Monero for over a year. I reported lost untill gave up since none was ever locked or deleted.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 01:57:02 PM

Should be legendary threads about "I AM HODLING" or "I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen." in Bitcoin speculations also locked? It is full of not constructing posts. But many read it and remember old days and some new look at what they missed.

Such actions deeply disappoint me. To lock such thread and in same time you let Monero FUDers, open 5-10 threads daily mocking Monero for over a year. I reported lost untill gave up since none was ever locked or deleted.

Bullshit. It's a thread from a year ago (a short time ago where the forum was already massive) promoting a coin without any substantial information or opinion (content).

It depends. Different moderators from different sections hold their boards under different levels of scrutiny. If a thread is from 2009-2011, it might be preserved since the quality of content at that time could be lower considering the smaller population of the forum. Nowadays, such threads aren't tolerated (at least by most moderators).

Funny you say that. My moderation (governed by the numerous rules of the forum) hinges on a core principle of freedom of constructive speech. If you have something worthwhile to say, feel free to do so: point out flaws in a coin, disagree with those flaws, speculate on a coin's possible price in the next week/month/year, etc. If you just want to sling personal attacks without any added arguments, post pointless "+1"s and "I agree"s or promote a coin in hopes of rising it's price, find somewhere else to share that.

Also, it's funny you say that: now I've been accused of both being for and against Monero (see "for": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001388.0). Funny... as if I actually wasn't taking any sides.... hmmm.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:42:11 AM

Cry Cry

Need to post "Monero under $10, wat r u wait for, stupid idiot?" reply.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm puzzled myself. Trying to unlock:  An Error Has Occurred!

Thank you.

-mm

I would expect more of your pointless bullshit to be locked and/or deleted in the next week or so.

So what if it is true (doubtful) that Mprep doesn't like Monero.

His affinity for it doesn't change the fact that thread was useless.

~BCX~
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 12:27:22 AM

Not sure which topic it was in question.
But go to the Altcoin section and read the sticky about "Speculation"
Then.. go in that same section and see the LARGEST topic of them all called..
Yup.. "Monero Speculation"

I have pointed out for 2 years how "they" have spammed that topic to the top of page 1 almost 24/7
and every time i looked i seen it used as MSN-Messneger for random BS commentary among 3 or 4 shills.
It was obvious they wanted a topic with the coin name "Monero"
perma-stamped and always for life sitting on page 1 at the top.
I have no doubt they thought of Google keyword searches when they started doing it 2 years ago.

And i would have never been bothered by it but any time i looked i seen pure garbage posted.
Not about "Speculation" or hell even about Monero at all.. but pointless rambling between guys like Smooth / smoothie and icebreaker etc
To me it looked infinity blatant they were spamming.

I also reported their forum game Retro Virtual City the day Risto posted it and was denied my report.
I reported it as spam and was rejected by mods.
And it ended up being like i said too.
I knew it was nothing but a ploy for advertising purposes.
And guess what ?

I have numerous times quoted Risto admitting he spent donated money for adoption
on that forum game topic with nobodies permission for the purpose of as he said word for word..
"a powerful adoption asset" where he went on about how that is the ultimate adoption advertising method etc.

I knew it but later i actually seen proof of it they can not deny anymore.
And oooooh boy do they LOVE to deny their shenanigans around here.
That has been my #1 gripe with these horrendous Monero shills since they re-launched their Cryptonote coin cloning platform "Bytecoin" Community Take over "Anon" coin crap.

All they have done is pound this place with as many posts about Monero as they can get away with.
At times in history causing a massive revolt and backlash against them.
Then later they simply pretend it never happened then lay low and wait and do it all over again.
Same old same old rinse & repeat.

And don't forget they also launched a Giveaway topic even though there was sticky on that they knew about.
Pretty ballsy !

FUD first & ask questions later™
JITENDERPAR3

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 12:44:28 AM

Cry Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry

Need to post "Monero under $10, wat r u wait for, stupid idiot?" reply.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm puzzled myself. Trying to unlock:  An Error Has Occurred!

Thank you.

-mm
that thread was of january 2015 , and in my opinion there was no need to remain in hot topic . that topic was simple and old and i think that was not useful . still your that thread was for more than 1.5 year . i thinj it is the right decision made by administrator .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: