Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
Mirconome

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:22:22 PM

Bitcoin is a digital money and real money are made out of page.

There is government behind real money but there is no one behind bitcoin. Everybody could make begin in their home with their own computer just by running bitcoin mining software

Government have no role in bitcoin but in real money government is the central node that control the flow of money
The first real money when there is in your pocket, you do not worry and do not depend on any disasters or electronic problems that occur on the network. You are constantly in cash on hand. This is a positive fact in favor of real money.
Did you hear the recent India news, they banned their 2 top value currency notes. This situation must be worst than any probable hiccup on an electronic payment network. So, real money is not much ideal one for all the times.

Any disaster may collapse almost everything, so electronic payments will not be an exception. I want my wealth not controlled by any others especially by governments, then bitcoin must be a right solution because fiats may face problems at any time.

Cash, though in what format are, still considered the property of the state. You just use them. Therefore it is better to buy gold or invest in jewelry and nobody will see and seek to give a part.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:09:07 PM

Real money is issued,printed and controlled by government of respective country and government impose tax on it and we can't use currency of one nation to other nation . But bitcoin is completely different because it is neither printed nor issued by central government. It doesn't have taxes either so what else difference you want. The best form of money I like it
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 07:39:33 PM

The difference between Bitcoin and real money basically in my opinion is unavailable for some users who want to spend money or invest. In practice, I think the possibility of the same. Everyone will be able to do with their savings in real money and in bitcoin.

Yes it is the same and can be spent but different in value. It is the surge in movement that makes bitcoin exciting. Example:
If you got $703 dollars and you got 1 bitcoin which you bought at 703 dollars also. Look at it now. Your dollar will stay to where it is unlike bitoin.
in one sense they are same as bitcoin is also a currency like fiat currency which can be use for shopping and all other purposes for which fiat can be use, and in other the difference is that bitcoin is virtual currency where as fiat is physical currency, bitcoin is decentralize universal currency where as fiat belong to particular area.
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:15:30 PM

The difference between Bitcoin and real money basically in my opinion is unavailable for some users who want to spend money or invest. In practice, I think the possibility of the same. Everyone will be able to do with their savings in real money and in bitcoin.

Yes it is the same and can be spent but different in value. It is the surge in movement that makes bitcoin exciting. Example:
If you got $703 dollars and you got 1 bitcoin which you bought at 703 dollars also. Look at it now. Your dollar will stay to where it is unlike bitoin.
in one sense they are same as bitcoin is also a currency like fiat currency which can be use for shopping and all other purposes for which fiat can be use, and in other the difference is that bitcoin is virtual currency where as fiat is physical currency, bitcoin is decentralize universal currency where as fiat belong to particular area.
yes in fact bitcoin is not a centralize currency and having equal value in all over the world you will not feel the need to convert it first in to local currency and then use it for shopping or for any other purpose.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 03:39:18 AM

yes in fact bitcoin is not a centralize currency and having equal value in all over the world you will not feel the need to convert it first in to local currency and then use it for shopping or for any other purpose.

Definitely. Having equal value in all over the world is the main difference of bitcoin and real money. Aside from physical difference, the value of bitcoin and real money matters most to me. Also its efficiency in making transactions matters. In a sense that Bitcoin can be accepted from country to country without changing it's value. Unlike fiat, for instance, if i am in other country, I have to convert my money first and its value changes.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 04:30:39 AM

Bitcoin is digital form and our real money has got physical form which is the major difference after the decentralization. Other than this due to the growth and continued usage and adoption bitcoin is getting used almost similar to real money. In future decentralization might be the only difference we feel because when acceptance increase it might get physical form.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
prabowo96

Activity: 238

it's showtime

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:03:49 AM

There is government behind real money but there is no one behind bitcoin. Everybody could make begin in their home with their own computer just by running bitcoin mining software

Government have no role in bitcoin but in real money government is the central node that control the flow of money
The first real money when there is in your pocket, you do not worry and do not depend on any disasters or electronic problems that occur on the network. You are constantly in cash on hand. This is a positive fact in favor of real money.
Did you hear the recent India news, they banned their 2 top value currency notes. This situation must be worst than any probable hiccup on an electronic payment network. So, real money is not much ideal one for all the times.

Any disaster may collapse almost everything, so electronic payments will not be an exception. I want my wealth not controlled by any others especially by governments, then bitcoin must be a right solution because fiats may face problems at any time.

Cash, though in what format are, still considered the property of the state. You just use them. Therefore it is better to buy gold or invest in jewelry and nobody will see and seek to give a part.

I don't know about cash be considered property of the state...

For sure cash(paper money) can be easily and don't depend of internet/electricity however the economy of a country can crash and the money lost their value and since bitcoin is something global and people use it to be safe of this things, it's a good way to save your money.

madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:21:01 PM

The only difference that i see is bitcoin is digital currency that we can  only spend in online and without real or physical coin, while real money or fiat can be used any where and it has physical.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:24:16 PM

Huh

If you meant paper, not "page", I'll have you know that a majority of wealth that is transferred in USD is transferred and kept electronically, in slips. Cash is becoming more and more obsolete. Bitcoin IS real money, like it or not. The USD is not, it is merely a debt slip. So sick of having to explain such a simple concept in 2016.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:30:12 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

in bitcoin we can hold unlimited amount of money but in real money we need to pay tax to hold much money .
so we have freedom in bitcoin to use own money but in real money we have not much freedom .
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:43:33 PM

They are  both  currency and a  money  but  they do  differ on many ways.  These two things separated on two different world which is  physical world and  online  world.  Bitcoins is a  digital currency which is  decentralized and  cant be able to control or manipulate  by  government and    cant able to impose tax on it  unlike on  fiat currency which  most  people do use  already  because its been  backed or  control  by government.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:52:37 PM

The difference to me is actually that of two parallel lines that cannot meet although they have convergence which is acceptance as payment of goods and services. Back to the differences for Bitcoin its goes across borders and its the same all over the world compared to FIAT which have to be exchange with another currency and sometimes could be really tasking in a case where my FIAT cannot be exchanged directly to the country I want to transact with which means I have to first convert to dollars before converting to the required currency, this bottleneck is completely eradicated with Bitcoin.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 02:42:15 PM

Bitcoins is a digital currency. Before you can use it, you need internet connections that allows you to open your electronic wallet, although botcoins is now accepted by many people first problem you will encounter was when there is no connevtion in that place. While if you have physical money in your pocket, nothing to worry about. You can use it anytime and anywhere.
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:42:52 PM

Lot of difference is there between  bitcoin and real money .
Just the name is money but bitcoin is actually a form of digital asset. It is just a set of numbers stored in computer. Whereas real money are printed and are issued my central government and they impose taxes on money but bitcoin is completely different from real money.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:51:40 PM

Bitcoins is a digital currency. Before you can use it, you need internet connections that allows you to open your electronic wallet, although botcoins is now accepted by many people first problem you will encounter was when there is no connevtion in that place. While if you have physical money in your pocket, nothing to worry about. You can use it anytime and anywhere.
Money is physical money and bitcoin is online money they different because we can not touch bitcoin unlike physical money..
For now there is no stores here in my country are accepting bitcoin so i will stay collecting it bitcoin and save.. and someday we can be the same as brazil..
berserkinterbuy

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:42:16 PM

If you answer honestly, I will say that the real money to me really real and accessible, unlike bitcoin. I can make real money everywhere, and the Internet and the real work. But bitcoin is not just a currency, and a little-known currency that moves very slowly.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:07:02 PM

Bitcoin is bitcoin, a real money(fiat) is a real money(fiat) and from that you can easily identify their difference. Choose bitcoin if you wan't to go far from the traditional way of payment(eg. easier transactions especially when it do involves outside the country, Decentralization, A potential global currency). Then try to differentiate those to the traditional currency features that we currently have.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 09:18:52 PM

Bitcoin is bitcoin, a real money(fiat) is a real money(fiat) and from that you can easily identify their difference. Choose bitcoin if you wan't to go far from the traditional way of payment(eg. easier transactions especially when it do involves outside the country, Decentralization, A potential global currency). Then try to differentiate those to the traditional currency features that we currently have.

Conceptually, there is hardly any difference between Bitcoin and what the OP calls "real money". Money is what money does. Therefore, if Bitcoin is used as a means of payment for goods of services (the basic and most important function of money), it is money. For example, signature campaign owners pay signature campaign participants with bitcoins for advertising their goods and services. In this case, the owners exchange bitcoins for the service they receive, while campaign enrollees got paid with bitcoins for their posting. The main difference is that Bitcoin is primarily used as a financial asset for speculation, not as a means of payment...

But it is only a quantitative difference since "real monies" are also used as financial assets for speculation

Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:07:23 PM

Bitcoin is used as stock, where we take the risk and do expose our fiat into it expecting to be able to roi on the short, medium time, fiat is used anywhere and always at any merchant, bitcoin has restrictions at the moment.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:27:48 AM

Lot of difference is there between  bitcoin and real money .
Just the name is money but bitcoin is actually a form of digital asset. It is just a set of numbers stored in computer. Whereas real money are printed and are issued my central government and they impose taxes on money but bitcoin is completely different from real money.
People only know bitcoin  as digital money and well it was the easiest word to introduce
Fiat money get taxed while bitcoin untraceable and no taxes at all
This makes people interested to use bitcoin due to free taxes but frequently abusable
Bitcoin more flexible to use the only problem is to find a store to spend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: