Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:29:06 PM

seen from the form is clearly different, if bitcoin shaped digital while real money in the form of physical, if viewed from its use may bitcoin much more effective than real money because using bitcoin to conduct transactions have fewer risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:58:47 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

There is none so many differences between bitcoin and the real money. Both are currencies. Bitcoin is a digital currency and other local currencies we are using is normal currency with which we can purchase or do anything we need. As bitcoins is a digital currency, we can only shop or do anything only online. We can shop around and do more things online.
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:04:56 PM

bitcoin is a way to earn money by investing or working ways that can produce a coin not with a form of real money but this time can be money by selling it, unlike with real money by getting it only need work all day later the money is liquid and can be thank that's the difference.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:32:47 PM

The difference between them is that the real money unlikely will gane a value compared to bitcoin, which has a growing potential every day.
And the obvious money has a physical form and is controlled by the government, and bitkoin, on the other hand, is decentralized and exists in digital form.
sayemcse

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:42:41 PM

ok fine.

first of all welcome to bitcoin world.

there is some difference between bitcoin and real money---

BitCoin is a type of money.

Money is a term used by economists for something that does three things (which I'll briefly explain in a moment):

A store of value
A medium of exchange
A unit of account

BitCoin meets all three conditions -

You can acquire some and keep them, and they'll still be worth what they used to be (in the same way that a dollar is still worth a dollar, not that it'll still buy what a dollar used to.) That is to say, it's a store of value.
You can buy things with them. Not everyone will accept them, but you're probably going to have better luck finding someone to sell you a laptop for BitCoins than you are for Zim Dollars, despite the fact that Zimbabwe has a government.
You can price things in them, and they are fungible - that's to say that your BitCoin and my BitCoin are worth the same as each other. It's not like trying to trade in, say, oil paintings - people might accept a given Rembrandt for a given Picasso, but no-one would say "you can have my Turner seascape for (any) three Picassos." This makes them a unit of account.

while--

Money' and 'currency' should not be used interchangeably. Currency is the money of a given state. In the U.S., it is Federal dollar notes in circulation.
Money is what we use every day to pay our liabilities, and this includes currency and, to a much bigger extent, our bank account balances that provide the source for our check, wire transfer, debit card, and credit card payments.
Then, there is another form of 'currency' the exists in the books of the banks, and is equivalent to Federal notes, yet is 'immaterial'. This is the account balance that a bank can hold at the Federal Reserve Bank of its district, called 'bank reserves'.
swaptaker

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:45:33 PM

The difference between them is that the real money unlikely will gane a value compared to bitcoin, which has a growing potential every day.
And the obvious money has a physical form and is controlled by the government, and bitkoin, on the other hand, is decentralized and exists in digital form.

Yeah, bitcoin is virtual and there is no physical representation for bitcoin. But, in physical money, there are central banks and money issuers behind it. Despite all, we still trust in bitcoin's unique nature.
Gradus728

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:55:11 PM

Of course we believe in a unique nature, because it is unique

Yeah, bitcoin is virtual and there is no physical representation for bitcoin. But, in physical money, there are central banks and money issuers behind it. Despite all, we still trust in bitcoin's unique nature.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:01:48 PM

bitcoin is more profitable because bitcoin values ​​continue to grow, and many people trade their money into bitcoin, this may be a change in the investment world that bitcoin puts it in and leaves the complicated system to the easier ones by using bitcoin.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:28:34 PM

bitcoin is more profitable because bitcoin values ​​continue to grow, and many people trade their money into bitcoin, this may be a change in the investment world that bitcoin puts it in and leaves the complicated system to the easier ones by using bitcoin.

True, at least till today the price of bitcoin keep rising. Bitcoin and real money has it own usability for me, both are different. I use real money to fulfill my daily needs, which I can't do it with bitcoin. While bitcoin itself is my method to increase or grow my real money.

Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:26:56 PM

bitcoin is a way to earn money by investing or working ways that can produce a coin not with a form of real money but this time can be money by selling it, unlike with real money by getting it only need work all day later the money is liquid and can be thank that's the difference.

Bitcoin is a digitized cryptocurrency. Yes it is a form of money  but can only used through online transactions. It is a good way of using it specially when your sending money to other person while real money is a form of cash that can be used to pay for any transactions excluding digitized. We can hold the real money in our hands and we can spend it without the presence of internet.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:30:05 PM

This depends of your definition of "real money", because the paper money and the bitcoin are extreme different, while one is better for the every day use and dont require a knowledge of the use of the currency, the other is better to make internet payments and get more privacy for you.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:59:39 PM

Welcome to Bitcoin and to the Forum!

The questions you're asking are great ones. However, they're also questions that you can find answers to REALLY easily on this forum or Google. I'd encourage you to do some reading here and then come up with some more specific questions.

I can help get you started with some simple answers.

Why would I invest in bitcoin? All sorts of reasons ranging from pure curiosity to love of new technology to investment diversification. Bitcoin is used as currency to buy things and as a store of value, i.e., a place to house your savings with hopes of value appreciation or hedging against the depreciation of stocks or savings held in fiat currency. One example often used is that of Cyprus. Are you familiar with the country of Cyprus and it's severe monetary crisis from a few years back? It was so bad that the Cyprus government controlled how much money their citizens could take out of their banks. Think about that. That government telling you that you can't access your very own money! How scary is that? Bitcoin offers an alternative. No government (currently) can seize control of your bitcoin, this represents safety and security.

What's the difference between bitcoin and dollars? Bitcoin isn't regulated by any government. It isn't created "out of thin air" as fiat currency is. There will only ever be a finite amount of bitcoin, which controls it's value. Once all bitcoin is mined there will be 21 million in existence, that's it. No one can ever create more (as is done every year with fiat currency). When fiat currency is created by central banks they reduce the value of the existing currency in the market, which results in inflation of prices. This is why the price of every day things (that haven't changed in 50 years, like groceries or utilities) have gone up in price over time. There's a lot of other differences, but it's better for you to read up on them.

Why would I gamble with bitcoin? I don't, but if you want to you can gamble for significantly smaller portions of money (like cents as opposed to dollars or tens of dollars). And you can do it from the convenience of your computer.

Here are a few links for you to explore:

Feel free to respond with other questions. I think you'll get better response if you educate yourself a bit first and then come back with more specific questions.

Have you bought any bitcoin yet? Do you have a wallet yet? (If you don't, PM me and I'll set you up and give you some bitcoin)

Good luck to you!
You can easily enumerate the difference between money and bitcoin because real.money is touchable and the price is stable while bitcoin is digital and needs internet to access it and the value of bitcoin is unstable.
hajar

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:34:44 PM

Many more simply do not think about the great opportunities that they can present investment in bitcoin. I think that the first thing a business should be interested in how to invest their earnings in bitcoin. Tax inspection will not be able to track this.
hajar

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:41:32 PM

You can't "print" BTC,it has a limited supply and there is no way there can be created more of it-so the first big difference is that BTC has limited supply.Another one is that BTC can be send in whatever quantities with little fees and relatively small confirmation time,which makes it a much preferrable way of payment,at least for me,because of how easier it is to actually make a transaction
monkeykiss21

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:44:20 PM

Different between bitcoin and real money in my opinion is we can know how much bitcoin in the world and there are not people who can make manipulation about it and we don't know how much real money who be printed.

Different between bitcoin and real money is just both have money. Bitcoin is an online trading that people can make a lot of opportunity to make more money. Real money is worst thing that you know how to learn manage or to manipulate in every cash out to buy things.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:50:38 PM

Bitcoin is a digitized cryptocurrency. Yes it is a form of money  but can only used through online transactions. It is a good way of using it specially when your sending money to other person while real money is a form of cash that can be used to pay for any transactions excluding digitized. We can hold the real money in our hands and we can spend it without the presence of internet.
I agree.Bitcoin is a non-taxable form of money wherein people are free to earn as an income as much as they can with no intervention from the government while real money or paper money is monitored by the government and is highly taxable depending on the amount of your income.And bitcoin of course has really a high value compared to real money even though bitcoin fluctuates every now and then.
hajar

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:37:27 AM

Bitcoin can do more things as it is a transaction ledger that records transactions and is also limited in Supply. Fiat currency is unlimited and central banks can print more and more of it, thus making it more and more worthless as the years go by.
Selborjeremie

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:45:54 AM

I know that a bitcoin is a cryptocurrency  and you can do anything and buy like loads using online and real money is so unlimited in bank you can create and create a money ..more money thats why you can also buy anything that you want ..bitcoin and real money is the same .
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:46:18 AM

The first difference in bitcoin and real money is of physical existence,  bitcoin is virtually concept while real money has  existence.  Bitcoins is continously growing up and it's price are skyrocketting but real money is only a mode of currency,  although bitcoin in itself become a investment as it's prices keep on increasing. Bitcoin is trending,  everyone wants to buy bitcoin.  Bitcoins has been tax free and easy transaction method but cash leads to transaction fees,  taxes by the government.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:51:19 AM

The main difference between Bitcoin and real money is the value of it in a time period. Real money does not change quickly in value because many will by affected by its value (inflation and deflation) while bitcoin is dependent on the market like a stock in which it fluctuates and you can earn by simply investing and selling when the value changed.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: