Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114798 times)
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:19:06 PM

Bitcoins value is increasing because the market is volatile while fiat will not increase its value if its not place in the bank and set into time deposit. That's the reason why we should hold bitcoins because it was good as long term investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:55:08 PM

Bitcoins value is increasing because the market is volatile while fiat will not increase its value if its not place in the bank and set into time deposit. That's the reason why we should hold bitcoins because it was good as long term investment.
True, bitcoin is a digital currency which is will be use in online transaction while fiat is paper money which the value can't converted other currency. Bitcoin and fiat has big difference espicially in the price that big gap. Like what we observed the bitcoin price is volatile and so huge now it means that as long as bitcoin live the price increase unlike the fiat that as long as it live it will phase out.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
stephenv26

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

bitcoin has no definite value. while money is based on economic status of a country
Amial

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:18:23 PM

The DE needs to do its homework. BitCrap was actually invented by NSA (or rather the blue print was in the form of blockchain technology). BitCrap is approved by Banksterville as it happens to want all of us trapped inside digital only currencies. The last thing Banksterville wants is the public investing in real money, gold and silver. Both the latter are manipulated constantly by large banks to stop them finding their true, free market value. In fact thanks to algo driven, HFT bank trading there is no such thing as a free market anymore. BitCrap is backed by nothing so no better than the current bankster invented paper Ponzi scheme. In fact it is worse as a digital money only society will mean the loss of all financial privacy. BitCrap's price is soaring due to dodgy Chinese money using it to escape the country, also it is a speculation trade for wealthy banksters. Finally it is now known that BitCrap is awash with Spoofing (to push the price up). It is a mugs game and best left to them.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:00:49 PM

I think the most different is controlled or not, bitcoin is very dependent on the market so it can go up hundreds or even thousands of percent in a year, but real money is always closely monitored by the government so that it can intervene anytime.

Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:11:07 PM

True, bitcoin is a digital currency which is will be use in online transaction while fiat is paper money which the value can't converted other currency. Bitcoin and fiat has big difference espicially in the price that big gap. Like what we observed the bitcoin price is volatile and so huge now it means that as long as bitcoin live the price increase unlike the fiat that as long as it live it will phase out.
The price of Bitcoin is higher than the value of currency normal for daily using. You can not use Bitcoin to small payment. In the past, I like to earning Bitcoin through micro earning board and through some ads sites (a-ads, adbit ...). But by the price of Bitcoin, these sites were died or stopped to pay good price for micro earning. This is the problem of Bitcoin for small payment while real money can does that easy.
schistjumpy

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:06:07 PM

The main difference between the two is that bitcoin can provide a faster and more instant form of purchase than our real cash.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:20:46 PM

I see it this way - Real FIAT currency is controlled by governments but Bitcoin isn't.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:04:11 PM

Bitcoin and real money are both money in some way. We have used both of them to buy anything in the market. BTC is a digital currency because the price value of bitcoin decreases and continues to grow. 
first of all i must mention the equality from bitcoin and real money is both are the currency, valuable and i could buy stuffs using them and i think the different from them is because bitcoin is cryptocurrency then you cannot storing in your pocket but real money is physical so you could carry it wherever you go
Bitcoin does not need you bring it to anywhere.
You only need to bring the device can access your Bitcoin wallet, but it does not mean you will lose your Bitcoin if someone steals your phone or you lose it.
No one can access your wallet without 2FA code or password Wink.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
poscrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:19:10 PM

Bitcoin is virtual currency, real money easy to invest. Real money has no transaction fees. But i like to prefer digital currency to make transactions. I like invest on bitcoin because bitcoin cost is very high Roll Eyes
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:19:34 PM

The most striking difference of bitcoin and real money is if we store bitcoin one day then in the next day's bitcoin price will change we can get profit and can also we get lost from save bitcoin, whereas if we save real money then the money will not increase in the future. So, what is your choice? If I would obviously choose bitcoin.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:05:32 AM

Bitcoin is digital form and our real money has got physical form which is the major difference after the decentralization. Other than this due to the growth and continued usage and adoption bitcoin is getting used almost similar to real money. In future decentralization might be the only difference we feel because when acceptance increase it might get physical form.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:18:12 AM

Bitcoin is digital form and our real money has got physical form which is the major difference after the decentralization. Other than this due to the growth and continued usage and adoption bitcoin is getting used almost similar to real money. In future decentralization might be the only difference we feel because when acceptance increase it might get physical form.

I agree with this but I would like to elaborate what is decentralization. Decentralization means the distribution of functions powers. This means that both of this types of currencies have their own forte as to where they should be distributed. For me, this is their difference as money is mainly used for transactions especially in banks. Bitcoin is being dispersed as a digital currency that for now is usable only for limited transactions. But I believe that one day, this two wouldn't have any difference anymore aside from their physical forms.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:34:29 AM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

For sure, less taxes and more income will really surface in the end as the topmost reasons why Bitcoin is much better than real money as you call it. There are so many differences actually between Bitcoin and the traditional fiat currency we have right now. Our fiat currency is rather stable as compared the shaky price of Bitcoin. But the good thing here is that the volatility of Bitcoin's price allows it to gain more and more value quickly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
bmartin44

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:37:34 AM

I see there is no difference comparing bitcoin and fiat, as if I can pay my goods with bitcoin, then it is money.

Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:53:17 AM

Users have quoted several family differentiating bitcoin from real money. The major thing is the control authority. Bitcoin is decentralized whereas real money is centralized. With real money transactions were limited unlike the banks.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:11:52 AM

Theres a huge difference, disadvantage and advantage.

Fiat- we used it in our lives and fiat is a money that we can hold. It just popular since the money was born. The old ages use a different things to exchange but when they knew a gold to exchange, it was new then became more popular then he knew that if they were used gold it is good because of a little number of supply in the world and they are rich when they have it but it was use it on some things, like necklace, earings and etc. So the fiat was developed to become a artificial gold, because fiat cannot use as personal things.

Bitcoin or digital coin- it is a money, a real money also. It came from a fiat that was updated like gold before, into fiat then now, into digital coins. It is more advantage than fiat because it is not easy to corrupt and it has history for transaction thats why it is good to use for some government in the country that was experience graft and corruption.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:45:11 AM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

Bitcoin is more advantage than real money because you can use this bitcoin to transact so fast than real money you cannot send money so fast you need a long time to send it so i think bitcoin is more good to use hope that someday it become real currency.
Andika23

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:22:38 AM

I think there's a big difference with both bitcoins is that digital currencies can only shop through real money online so you can shop anytime there by not being online. But with other local currencies, we can do even more where we live.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:35:53 AM

Bitcoin is more advantage than real money because you can use this bitcoin to transact so fast than real money you cannot send money so fast you need a long time to send it so i think bitcoin is more good to use hope that someday it become real currency.

Digital currencies like bitcoin and other alt coins has advantage and this advantages compare to flats or cash. One of the advantage of it is just what you have said fast transaction and I'm adding anonymity, secure and you can transact in any part of the world as long as there is an internet connection.

Some of its disadvantages are, You cannot use it without internet connection, You cannot use it without electricity, Its price is unpredictable it can easily rise and it can easily go down. If you lose/broke(can't repaired) the devices where you saved your PK's and recovery stuffs you're doomed.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: