Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 07:10:28 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Quark coin still alive?  (Read 8244 times)
Cryptovation

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:03:56 PM

http://www.qrknet.info/  Quark is alive and well.

Very small trading volumes.
But in the official thread there is a discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.8580

What will be planned in the near future?

Quote from: Cryptovation on April 22, 2017, 07:11:15 AM
holders of Quark who would like to see Quark innovate, come together and form a community that participates and contributes to adding some changes to this project that will potentially put Quark back into the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

To clarify, I am not a developer and I am only looking from a business mind prospective, but in order for any move forward we need a business plan and the means to attract developers to be interested in this project and they need to be able to produce a healthy good income. So be kind to any ignorance you may find in my ideas for change as this is what I have gleaned from the market and if Quark could implement these changes I believe we could be back in the top 10 purely from a market perspective.

Some changes to Quark that I feel through my research that would produce such results are as follows.

1. POW / POS

2. Dash has a great way of producing an income for there development team and this should be copied or improved upon.

3. The voting system of Dash masternodes seems like a good idea and something similar but more decentralized needs implementation.

4. Segwit implementation to be added. 

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

7. Debit card that links Quark wallet with Visa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptovation

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:12:37 PM

mcphervi

Activity: 312

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade
April 28, 2017, 07:29:13 PM
Reply with quote  #8701
I haven't yet truly weighed in on my exact vision for Quark's revival. What I would like to work towards follows below. Max, if you want to weigh in please do.

Short term (next 1-2 months):
- Change from POW to hybrid POW/POS:
         - POW/POS implementation similar to decred, with all POS stakeholders in the lottery
                      - POS based on PIVX; maintaining the swing mechanism which balances the financial incentive between POS stakers and masternodes in such a manner as to encourgae liquidity
         - Inflation change from 0.5%/annum, infinite supply to 3-3.5% per annum. This preserves the original intent of a switch to low inflation following an original mining period, with a constant supply into the future to preserve mining incentive indefinitely
         - Using the 3.5% figure, have a split of 1.35% POS, 1.85% POW, 0.3% Development
         - Have the development funding placement into escrow or multisig requiring address

2-4 months:
         - Masternode implementation - as above
         - Plan to swap to decentralized governance and decentralized development funding based on masternode voting

4-10 months:
         - Engage developers to look at implementing a sidechain with anon features - this allows an anonymity solution while ensuring that there is a public transaction record for Quark proper to ensure transparency
                         - Have a deflationary charge built into the system when taking the coins off chain - ie. remove a small subset (maybe 0.1% of the sent coins from circulation when taking chains onto the side chain)
                                    - This offsets some of the additional inflation being built in by the increase in coin supply as per above

Cryptovation

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:19:34 PM

Hi,
thought I would give you guys an update on Quark.

Currently we have the dev team working on implementation of POS/POW hybrid, Masternodes, block tax for development fund. The code has been written and is being tested. We should see an announcement to the public when testing is complete of the date of implementation.

Quark is also actively researching Quantum Computer resistance on first generation blockchains.
silvermetal

Activity: 477

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:55:38 AM

Hi,
thought I would give you guys an update on Quark.

Currently we have the dev team working on implementation of POS/POW hybrid, Masternodes, block tax for development fund. The code has been written and is being tested. We should see an announcement to the public when testing is complete of the date of implementation.

Quark is also actively researching Quantum Computer resistance on first generation blockchains.

Cryptovation = Sockpuppet of Digital Industry  Cheesy
This is too obvious man!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.