Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dow down over 1,000, btc holds steady  (Read 122 times)
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:28:43 PM

Interesting to see, besides btc I'm in stocks and real estate. The market took quite a hit today. I thought btc might go down with it like last time but it didn't. Gold moved up a bit. If people start seeing btc as a safe haven it will give it new power. It is very interesting to watch what btc is doing. By the way Nvidia was up 12% today, I have been thinking of selling proctor and gamble and move into nvidia stock, part of nvidia success is due to crypto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:47:34 PM

Yes, I thought gold would shoot up but that doesn't seem to have happened. It looks like Bitcoin is at least partly being considered as a safe place to go atm, at least compared to the stock market.
Walrus1 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:13:11 AM

Yes, I thought gold would shoot up but that doesn't seem to have happened. It looks like Bitcoin is at least partly being considered as a safe place to go atm, at least compared to the stock market.
that's what it looks like today but earlier in the week the btc sunk along with the market. I did buy 3 ounces of gold towards the end of last year. Also some silver. I did expect a little more of a bump from gold but I'm not concerned, gold is a 10 to 15 year hold for me. Let's see if btc can maintain this course
 G
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:55:20 AM

that's what it looks like today but earlier in the week the btc sunk along with the market. I did buy 3 ounces of gold towards the end of last year. Also some silver. I did expect a little more of a bump from gold but I'm not concerned, gold is a 10 to 15 year hold for me. Let's see if btc can maintain this course
 G

I feel this time bitcoin at a very stable and worthy to be noticed but compared gold of course I still see gold more legit for that.
all depends on the circumstances as well.
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:41:27 AM

Whether you will get a lot of benefits if titled, I think the gamble is not good and you can lose your money completely, you better be patient to wait for bitcoin prices go up again and you get a profit and your money will not run out.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:54:35 AM

When DOW went down 1000 points, i also thought ahh! not again but surprisingly bitcoin holding strong. Now you see the market cap holding around 400 billion is hardcore investor, like they will hold for life, no matter what happens to other market. And that is indeed a good sign for crypto.

Walrus1 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:00:25 AM

G

I feel this time bitcoin at a very stable and worthy to be noticed but compared gold of course I still see gold more legit for that.
all depends on the circumstances as well.
well it is but we go on with crypto for other reasons, not the safety of gold. Gold will be more useful in the zombie apocalypse but btc is good now. Use both for diversification
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: