Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paybear Token plans for an ICO  (Read 138 times)
AndrewBoltz (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:31:59 AM

Has anyone looked into Paybear? They have a fully functioning service (provide a payment gateway) for ecommerces and are on the verge of launching their token, so basically all the current webshop owners who are already accepting the big cryptos with their API will automatically be able to accept the token as a payment method, does this sound big?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SteelPaladin48

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

Has anyone looked into Paybear? They have a fully functioning service (provide a payment gateway) for ecommerces and are on the verge of launching their token, so basically all the current webshop owners who are already accepting the big cryptos with their API will automatically be able to accept the token as a payment method, does this sound big?

Never heard of them. But if they can offer what they have promised then probably they can be successful on their ICO. Do you have a link to this paybear token? I suggest, It'll be good if you'll give your readers more details about this project so they can react.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:31:56 AM

I saw Paybear's booth in NYC early this month. My question is, since Bitcoin payments are slow and cost higher than other coins, will it still be the same if we use a merchant with Paybear's system?
SneakyRik

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:24:55 AM

I saw Paybear's booth in NYC early this month. My question is, since Bitcoin payments are slow and cost higher than other coins, will it still be the same if we use a merchant with Paybear's system?

I think it still goes through the blockchain though. At least the payment platform/gateway itself works fast and has minimal fees. There's still an advantage with Paybear as opposed to Paypal.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:12:22 AM

You have services such as coinpayments which have support for vast amount of crypto already. Problem here is that however you are relaying on 3rd party service when in reality you don't have to. These services are okay since they host nodes and all that but with free APIs and a little of work you can create your own version of payment system and without the need to pay somebody for it. But easier way is to go with such payment services as they make it very easy.
HappyLocust41

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:14:40 AM

You have services such as coinpayments which have support for vast amount of crypto already. Problem here is that however you are relaying on 3rd party service when in reality you don't have to. These services are okay since they host nodes and all that but with free APIs and a little of work you can create your own version of payment system and without the need to pay somebody for it. But easier way is to go with such payment services as they make it very easy.

Don't we still need to use payment gateways like how we use Paypal or credit cards for our purchases online? Do you mean merchants are able to do without using payment gateways?
Improperstammer

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:14:40 PM

So far I have not encountered merchants with independent payment gateways since I usually see CoinPayments. In my opinion, payment gateways are necessary to act as a secure and trusted middle-man for transactions especially for websites that aren't that well known.
EuphorichamsTer

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:53:46 PM

So far I have not encountered merchants with independent payment gateways since I usually see CoinPayments. In my opinion, payment gateways are necessary to act as a secure and trusted middle-man for transactions especially for websites that aren't that well known.

I agree. Payment gateways, especially trusted ones easily help gain a customer's trust which increases the sales potential for smaller websites.
HostiletermitE

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:47:02 AM

I agree. Payment gateways, especially trusted ones easily help gain a customer's trust which increases the sales potential for smaller websites.

What's awesome about Paybear is that their fee stays the same whether you send $1 or $1000. The more money you spend, the cheaper they are if we compare it with Paypal, stripe, etc.
Braggar25

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:54:39 AM

What's awesome about Paybear is that their fee stays the same whether you send $1 or $1000. The more money you spend, the cheaper they are if we compare it with Paypal, stripe, etc.

Aren't they currently in the beta stage? Will these fees change (be more expensive) in the future when they go live?
HalatSpry

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:26:53 PM

Aren't they currently in the beta stage? Will these fees change (be more expensive) in the future when they go live?

Based on their guide, fees are currently set to 0 for now since they are still on beta. Once they go live, I think that they will start charging more or less .19 cents per transaction. lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: