Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [C#] Watch Only Bitcoin Wallet. Support SegWit and Forks (V3.2.1)  (Read 16950 times)
Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:24:12 PM

Released version 3.0.0
  • Added a new block explorer (the only API that supports Bech32 address format) called Blockonomics.
  • The wallet now supports Bech32 SegWit address format, uses Blockonomics api for their balances explicitly.
  • Wallet also has verification capabilities for Bech32 format.
  • Also moved verification classes (Base58 and Bech32) to a new assembly and added some unit tests.

Projects List+Suggestion box
Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
|
|
|
FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git
WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet(3.2.1)Ann-git
SharpPusher(0.12.0)Ann-git

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emerger

Activity: 199
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:14:41 AM

Released version 3.0.0
  • Added a new block explorer (the only API that supports Bech32 address format) called Blockonomics.
  • The wallet now supports Bech32 SegWit address format, uses Blockonomics api for their balances explicitly.
  • Wallet also has verification capabilities for Bech32 format.
  • Also moved verification classes (Base58 and Bech32) to a new assembly and added some unit tests.
Where is it "released"? I do not see 3.0.0 at https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/Watch-Only-Bitcoin-Wallet/releases (I guess I should just download latest source)

Thanks for the help on my previous Q's - I'm looking forward to the bulk import option!

Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:13:45 AM

Where is it "released"? I do not see 3.0.0 at https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/Watch-Only-Bitcoin-Wallet/releases (I guess I should just download latest source)

Releases are basically doing the same thing as "Clone or download" button at this link: https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/Watch-Only-Bitcoin-Wallet/archive/master.zip but at different versions (times). so yeah just use "Clone or download" button.
I can add additional files like binaries, but since I am not doing that I didn't see any point in releasing more versions after 1.1.0

Thanks for the help on my previous Q's - I'm looking forward to the bulk import option!

No problem. I've added "bulk import option". Just need to bump the version and update ReadMe file.

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:41:39 AM
Merited by pereira4 (1)

Released version 3.1.0
  • Added two ways for importing addresses in bulk: from file and from text. Addresses need to be separated by a new line (1 address per line).

Preview of the "Import From text" window:

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
Emerger

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:23:59 PM

Thanks for your reply!

The new import worked for me, although I have only imported one address Smiley

Just to let you know, when I go to the "Fork Balance Window" and click on "Update Txs" I get a crash: System.OverflowException: 'Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.'

(This seems to happen regardless of whether a specific fork has been chosen from the drop-down or a custom block height has been entered.)

Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:17:05 PM

Thanks again for the bug report. This commit should fix it:
68e04c9e17ec48b6e0a3634da274086c094c68b6

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
Emerger

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:25:37 AM

Thanks again for the bug report. This commit should fix it:
68e04c9e17ec48b6e0a3634da274086c094c68b6

Thank you, that works better now.

If we want to delete all addresses and start over, is there a database file to delete? Perhaps this could be added to the info or the option to start over could be added to the dropdown menu.

Thanks again.

Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:34:45 AM

The list of address is simply a GridView. You can select address(es) and simply press Delete on your keyboard to remove them. Press Ctrl+A to select all of them and press Delete on your keyboard.

By the way the wallet file is stored in your "My Documents" path inside a folder called "C.E. Watch Only Bitcoin Wallet":
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/Watch-Only-Bitcoin-Wallet/blob/master/WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet/Services/DataManager.cs#L12

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:00:12 PM

Questions:
Speaking of forks, does the software support Bitcoin Cash? Bitcoin Gold? Etc?
Can it be used on Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu?

Thanks.

Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:36:48 AM

Speaking of forks, does the software support Bitcoin Cash? Bitcoin Gold? Etc?
The way the forks balance goes is that you can check your balance on a specific block height. So everything is based on bitcoin blockchain not each of these forks' blockchains and it can support anything.
In other words the software can get your transactions and the block height each of these transactions were included in and based on that tells you how much of these fork coins you have.

If you just wanted to see how much balance you have on different chains just use a website like this one: http://www.findmycoins.ninja/

Can it be used on Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu?
Unfortunately no.

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 08:12:19 PM

My suggestion is to add a column that has a value of "value at time of transaction", this would be extremely useful for, for instance, dealing with taxes when you have a ton of transactions. The value could be fetched from blockchain.info for instance, im not sure about their API but I have been using that site to manually check the value of BTC in fiat at the time a particular transaction happened. I don't know any software or website that does this so manually put it inside an .csv which is annoying. Would be cool if you could dump an export .csv from Core's client into your software and get this column neatly displayed.
Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 06:12:10 AM

My suggestion is to add a column that has a value of "value at time of transaction", this would be extremely useful for, for instance, dealing with taxes when you have a ton of transactions. The value could be fetched from blockchain.info for instance, im not sure about their API but I have been using that site to manually check the value of BTC in fiat at the time a particular transaction happened. I don't know any software or website that does this so manually put it inside an .csv which is annoying. Would be cool if you could dump an export .csv from Core's client into your software and get this column neatly displayed.

I've added "price history" feature that will add a new field to each transaction based on its confirmation time that includes the USD value of that transaction at that time. It will use CoinDesk API since it is more common as an average price source.

The problem is that I'm not sure how to display this feature. For now you can only update this through the ForkBalance window and there is no displaying option but you could use your wallet.json file to analyze if you wanted. I'll probably do some major changes in this app as soon as I get some more free time, making things more automated and update everything in one place and skip repetition (since some parts are updated multiple times even if you already have the history).
Do you have any suggestions for displaying it? I was thinking a line chart showing the history.

As for bitcoin-core compatibility I have it in my TODO list but it is at the bottom of it.

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 03:38:16 PM

I've added "price history" feature that will add a new field to each transaction based on its confirmation time that includes the USD value of that transaction at that time. It will use CoinDesk API since it is more common as an average price source.

The problem is that I'm not sure how to display this feature. For now you can only update this through the ForkBalance window and there is no displaying option but you could use your wallet.json file to analyze if you wanted. I'll probably do some major changes in this app as soon as I get some more free time, making things more automated and update everything in one place and skip repetition (since some parts are updated multiple times even if you already have the history).
Do you have any suggestions for displaying it? I was thinking a line chart showing the history.

As for bitcoin-core compatibility I have it in my TODO list but it is at the bottom of it.

Unfortunately im not familiar with the CoinDesk API. Im really looking forward to "fiat price at the time" information. A graph per each tx would be nice, but maybe a bit overkill for now. Just a simple column next to the txid that shows the value at the time of said tx would be incredibly useful for, like I said, filling taxes.

I would make txid's clickable and an explorer of choice would be opened because sometimes you want to check something and you like the layout of a certain explorer but this just comes to personal preference in how to design the program.

If importing the csv is not near, then it may be a bit of a PITA for those that have tons of transactions, one would need to import each tx one by one and in chronological order but I guess it's better than nothing for now, since all I have right now is manually checking each tx on an explorer id which is hell (btw im talking about having the entire tx history imported in your program with all the data, not just current watch only addresses with funds, so you would have a window for watch only current funds and another window where you can import your entire wallet.dat tx history so you can check those things without having to fire the resource consuming full client in your airgapped computer or wherever you store tx history)
Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 01:51:44 PM

Tiny version update (V. 3.2.1). Fixed some bugs with the APIs and removed the dead ones. Now we have only two and both support Bech32 addresses.

PS. I may continue back-porting features to this project but my focus is going to be on my new project, Denovo, which would eventually be a much more advanced version of this project.

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
PrivatePerson

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 03:33:39 PM

Could you post the compiled exe?
Coding Enthusiast (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 04:34:11 AM

Could you post the compiled exe?
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/Watch-Only-Bitcoin-Wallet/releases/tag/V3.2.1

|
|
|
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
|
|
|