Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a mod fill me in please  (Read 328 times)
welshy9 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:04:01 AM

hi guys just a quick question about my posts ,

i had a few  posts removed on a few alt coins posts ,

The post was my pool with a address and port etc

what are the rules please as i couldnt find it and would this be ok for a post ?

cant i put a size on the post or colours ?

thanks for the help below is what i posted

www.cryptominers.online:8080

stratum+tcp://cryptominers.online:3036

Ports

Port: 3008, Diff: 8
Port: 3032, Diff: 256
Port: 3256, Diff: 18192

Use your wallet address as username
Use anything for the password

Example Setup

bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://cryptominers.online:3036 -u YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS -p x

if you can point me to the right direction so i dont break any rules and post my pool

thanks guys

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:11:46 AM

It depends on where you posted it. If someone asked what pool they should mine on and you posted the info and how to mine on your pool, that would be considered advertising in others threads, which is against the rules. You could simply link yours, and maybe suggest other pools to prevent it from being counted as advertising. The right place to post it would be an ANN thread of your own pool, or someone asking for help on bitcointalk on your pool.

Pretty sure I'm right based on a previous similar case, but I could still be wrong.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:40:25 AM

Advertising spam is not allowed:
Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

Where exactly have you posted regarding your pool?

Update: Nevermind, OP is banned.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: