Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would love an invite to www.bitcoinmarket.com!  (Read 780 times)
demoncrest (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:57:05 AM

If anyone is able to make an invite for me I'd love to take one!

Trading on mt.gox would be nicer but I can't use paypal to start that way so I will have to start using bitcoinmarket!

Thanks ahead of time =]

~ [D]C
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NielDLR

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 08:01:45 AM

Bitcoin Market does not use Paypal anymore. Too many fraud!

The Cypherfunks - A decentralized band and cryptocurrency. The first cryptocollective.
demoncrest (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:06:51 AM

Can I deposit PayPal funds to Bitcoin Market?

You can not deposit PayPal funds directly to Bitcoin Market since PayPal frowns upon alternative currencies. However, you can send and receive PayPal funds with other members by trading BMBTC/PPUSD. Bitcoin Market holds the seller's Bitcoins until the seller has received PayPal funds from the buyer. Then the seller confirms payment and the Bitcoins are dispersed to the buyer's Bitcoin Market account. In short, Bitcoin Market acts like an escrow agent for PayPal payments.

According to this, they still use it as an escrow sort of holding for dealing with paypal trades, unless I am missing something here? (I got that info by clicking on the news "we do not accept paypal deposits"

I am just guessing they don't do direct deposits, and just are a tool for trades now?
demoncrest (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:17:13 AM

actually I dunno if this is just me but I realized not bitcoinmarket is kinda crappy... they just use what... hourly updated rates?  I guess Mt.Gox is the only place worthwhile trading if you want to get in on the volatile rates as a day-trader (I'd love to...)

fml being from Canada I dunno what I should do to get Gox dollarsssssssssssssssssss ahhh..... Angry
NielDLR

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 08:32:57 AM

Can I deposit PayPal funds to Bitcoin Market?

You can not deposit PayPal funds directly to Bitcoin Market since PayPal frowns upon alternative currencies. However, you can send and receive PayPal funds with other members by trading BMBTC/PPUSD. Bitcoin Market holds the seller's Bitcoins until the seller has received PayPal funds from the buyer. Then the seller confirms payment and the Bitcoins are dispersed to the buyer's Bitcoin Market account. In short, Bitcoin Market acts like an escrow agent for PayPal payments.

According to this, they still use it as an escrow sort of holding for dealing with paypal trades, unless I am missing something here? (I got that info by clicking on the news "we do not accept paypal deposits"

I am just guessing they don't do direct deposits, and just are a tool for trades now?

They did do escrow holding of the BTC, but not Paypal money, so chargebacks can still easily be done when buying bitcoins. There's too many loopholes in Paypal exchanging. I suggest checking out http://tradehill.com as well --- which seems to be down now. #fail

The Cypherfunks - A decentralized band and cryptocurrency. The first cryptocollective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: