Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Chain Technology Usefulness?!!!  (Read 899 times)
skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:05:36 PM

i can see the use for blockchain is maybe to send sensitive information like maybe Dr records and lawyers papers.. i think this can be done if you maybe could attach a file to the transaction..

i could be wrong and just talking and if i am correct me ...

sensitive data such as doctors records not on a public blockchain, would have to be private and only accessible by medical establishments
also think about all the data bloat of 7 million people having the flu. or getting a tooth filled
blockchains work by being distributed. so this alone is duplicating the data into every doctors office and hospital..
and also weak because every doctor and dentist has the ability to add/change records

somehow i cant see it being feasible for medical records.

however situations that can be useful, because blockchains are about storing data long term and permanently in multiple locations of access
noting doctors specialities and access level, insurance
log education results of students
recording new laws and court cases
social security/public funding
passport
births and deaths

i can even envision one blockchain being the identifier for all of the above
which could then lead onto other uses like a sidechain where the data can be used in many creative ways

That's true never thought of that but I do feel the blockchain is a awesome technology and I am hoping alot more places start using it then banks...

Blockchain seams to be one the more secure things in the technology hacker filled would that anyway to store/send sensitive documents the better and I truly feel blockchain can do this.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:22:04 AM

Blockchain network or infrastructure is secure by itself with sha256 encryption tech behind it. So i think blockchain tech can be used in all of the works where security is main concern like in data storage and financial systems/transaction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:28:54 AM

Blockchain network or infrastructure is secure by itself with sha256 encryption tech behind it. So i think blockchain tech can be used in all of the works where security is main concern like in data storage and financial systems/transaction.

"Blockchain" is just one element.

it does not need to be secure by sha256. it can be secured by any algo and still have features to chain blocks together.
it doesnt even need to rely on a second layer of security by having a second hash of specific difficulty(mining vs signing (POW/POS))
it doesnt even need to rely on distributed copies.

so when corporations remove the 10+ layers of security bitcoin has (keypairs, distribution, mining, etc, etc) just to use 1 layer of security. (the chain) its not as secure as bitcoin.

and businesses have different needs. EG how many employees have access to update a specific element of data(keypairs). how fast it needs to update(mining or signing), which all make blockchain a great utility but without the extra layers of security that bitcoin has as standard, should not be treated as secure as bitcoin

but with that said there are MANY, MANY uses corporations can find that can secure their data better and save them on maintenance costs..aswell as open new opportunities to do new things that they never considered before.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
RkVza

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:31:57 AM

Decentralized  and peer to peer technology
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:43:36 AM

I just saw the blockchain technology used by the banks and financial corporation, however this technology could be applied like people said above, blockchain is really make the traditional system of the bank is change, increase the efficency, cuts out 3rd party or workers cost, and of course make the transacation more faster, untill now i didn't see the blockchain has inplemented in other sector except banks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: