Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:50:27 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.

I a can tell you in simple words, paypal is scam for receiver. So this the reason most trust paypal because buyers are more than sellers, so a buyer can easily raise issue and as for refund and as per paypal policy seller at most times will not be able to prove his point if he is not selling a physical product.

Since most buyers believe in paypal because of the security they are giving for refund, sellers have no option than to adopt paypal else loose some business

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:18:10 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
paypal is a legit company that has been around for many many years. they do limit accounts alot but ive never seen a case where they have proved of fraud. imo paypal is a completely legit company that just handles things a bit wrong.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:02:42 PM

Well the hyip or cyclers had used paypal and some accounts get blocked because people do open the account as company without have on, as the transactions volume is high. But i dont remember really anyone reporting they frozened the account without any reason, because they are legit and several years at the market with their services.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:11:37 PM

just have a little money in paypal Cheesy
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:18:42 PM

Paypal is legit company, but personally i don't prefer to use it , it's freezing accounts without reasons mostly and it have many restrictions and limits. Bitcoin is a lot better than Paypal, in my opinion
social crypto coin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:31:52 PM

only newbie can say paypal scam
paypal is reputable and trustred company
paypal group include ebay
you know ebay this store online market placed the best in the world
universe_

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:49:28 PM

paypal is a legit company that has been around for many many years. they do limit accounts alot but ive never seen a case where they have proved of fraud. imo paypal is a completely legit company that just handles things a bit wrong.
thats true, it helps people a lot and it is definitely not just a scam, i use it too really often and i think its great

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:55:50 PM

thats true, it helps people a lot and it is definitely not just a scam, i use it too really often and i think its great

I agree. We cant say that paypal is a scam because of that ! I believe that it is an error in their system or something unlucky something went wrong. But the paypal devs or supports will assist you to solve the problem. They are really big and they are not scamming users.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:02:51 AM

Paypal isn't scam of course, they are big and legal company, and they have good reputation. But personally i prefer always dealing with Bitcoin instead Paypal, whenever its possible
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:41:46 AM

Paypal isn't scam of course, they are big and legal company, and they have good reputation. But personally i prefer always dealing with Bitcoin instead Paypal, whenever its possible

Only those people who have not lost money or not really using paypal will say it isn't scam. They steal customers money with hidden fees and if you're not lucky they will lock and limit your account for whatever reason.
Kyhm

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Stronger

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:43:08 AM

Wink Wink Wink

Paypal is not a scam... As you can see they are preferred company that so many sites recommended to use.
Paypal uses a fast transaction compare to other and where you can put trust.
Maybe the problem that you encountered was because you put wrong info of yours so when the time you had transaction there were an error..

1JJzYHEm4pfFWxJqvMGdf57rXfeFGYxFu1
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:46:43 AM

A scam?  No.  That's much different than having some shady business practices,  which they do.  They're regulated by the government,  so they're nowhere near as scammy as most bitcoin business 'opportunities'.  And I've found paypal to have its uses.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:29:45 AM

I think paypal is not a scam, it just a bit complicated to use paypal, not like bitcoin that it's super easy to use bitcoin, not rules and no verification on the bitcoin wallet.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:00:55 AM

Paypal is legit company, but personally i don't prefer to use it , it's freezing accounts without reasons mostly and it have many restrictions and limits. Bitcoin is a lot better than Paypal, in my opinion

Yes it is legit, and follow the strict implementation of the laws. Beside from that, it has a very high transaction fees. Its not convenient for me compared to bitcoin that its fast,reliable and cheaper.

Open for Campaigns
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:19:15 AM

If you get an account frozen by paypal, is there any way to get it back by visiting their office? Is there any resource for a forced-closed Paypal account?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:30:58 AM

I have never heard something like that about PayPal. I use that service for my buyings on eBay and I was always satisfied by it's work. Never had any problem with payment and returning money in the case of bad goods' quality.
But yes, ut is true I have some kind of fear of the service's protection, there are many hackers in this world and I think noone can protect their service on the net with 199% guarantee. So cause of that i don't hold money there, just use it for some transactions and it happents even not so often.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:34:25 AM

In my opinion, if it is online then it can have a higher percentage to be a scam. Most of us dont monitor it or they could tell lies which you would not know it is a lie for you dont see their faces when they talk. I can create a lot of stories here and you would not even know if I am telling the truth.
babsalt1975

Activity: 526

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:30:00 PM

I used paypal for a long time before knew bitcoin and it was never occurred any problem, i recently juts using it to bought something and it was prefect, i think there is a reason why paypal is blocking somebody account, its impossible a big and trusted company just go blindly and froze everyone's account
yeah there's always reason but sometimes the reason just make no sense,they're limiting an account because of making a transaction and etc which is quite silly and strictful,you'll felt really unpleased and unsatisfied when you're using their service though even they're doing this for the sake of security,there's still some people getting hacked

I think PayPal are being unfair to people and they don't contact proper investigations before freezing an account. Imagine a case where you are selling an item online and the buyer is paying you using PayPal. You will not know whether the person is hacking someone's else account or not. He will send you the money but PayPal will go ahead and freeze your account also just because you received money from a hacked account.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:37:26 PM

Yes unfortunately Paypal is very strict and in certain situations will freeze an account to "protect the customer".
It can be inconvenient but its better than having your money or identity stolen.
Dealing with big companies can be a pain because you are basically at their mercy if you want to use their service.
But they provide a service with such universal access you may not have a choice, unfortunately.
You probably can't beat them so you might not have a choice but to join them.

enomin

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 09:17:00 PM

I don't think that the service itself is a scam, but I do think that there are some paypal users that are scammers. I do still use paypal though since it is widely used, I just don't like the fees and the fact that my account could potentially get limited -_-.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: