Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 08:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:16:59 AM

PayPal isn't a scam, it's just that all the rules and regulations they have put down will cost you and if you make the tiniest of mistakes, it will give them a reason for them to lock down your account and run.

If you play it overly cautiosly, you'll be fine.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:55:49 AM

Paypal was first revolution in online payment processor world! And the service you are accusing scam was sold for $1.5 billion 15 years ago when internet was not so popular so you guess its worth!

However, I have seen many complaints too like you mentioned. But I will blame people instead of Paypal for this. Paypal has clearly written terms and conditions. Being a financial company, it has to be very sensitive towards regulations and should curb unjustified use over its platform.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:01:41 PM

I don't think that Paypal is a scam,because based on what I saw in the internet other online shops are using Paypal for payment, and mind you that those online shops are popular and legal. So maybe if someone was having a problem with Paypal then the people of Paypal should be aware to it, because it's damaging the name of  Paypal. 
boyptc

Activity: 2968
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:11:01 PM

I don't think that Paypal is a scam,because based on what I saw in the internet other online shops are using Paypal for payment, and mind you that those online shops are popular and legal. So maybe if someone was having a problem with Paypal then the people of Paypal should be aware to it, because it's damaging the name of  Paypal. 

There's no solid proof that paypal is a scam those people that are using it thinks that paypal is scam. And those who are experiencing but delays and other problems with paypal are talking but complains to them. I did use paypal for so many times and I'm satisfied with it. I don't even intend to say that they are just scamming me.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2044
Merit: 591

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:15:14 PM

I don't think that Paypal is a scam,because based on what I saw in the internet other online shops are using Paypal for payment, and mind you that those online shops are popular and legal. So maybe if someone was having a problem with Paypal then the people of Paypal should be aware to it, because it's damaging the name of  Paypal.  

There's no solid proof that paypal is a scam those people that are using it thinks that paypal is scam. And those who are experiencing but delays and other problems with paypal are talking but complains to them. I did use paypal for so many times and I'm satisfied with it. I don't even intend to say that they are just scamming me.
Well, if you have linked legit credit card on your PayPal then you did not encounter any problem in PayPal unless you violate the PayPal rules, those who say that PayPal is scam are those who have problem about their credit card they insert (probably cheap VCC) or they violate the PayPal rules.

frendsento

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:32:13 PM

Paypal has already established its reputation to people (seller and buyer ) all over the world even myself I already used Paypal several times and transact big transaction but paypal didn't fail me even once ! I also think that Paypal is much safer to use than bitcoins when transacting legal services !
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1497

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:34:54 PM

One or two people may have faced issues with paypal due to their country restrictions, but I don't think that paypal is scam in any way. I have been using paypal account since 2009 and my account is bank verified. Till date, I never had any bitter experience with them.

Every single transaction took place smoothly. Every withdrawal received without any problem. Remember, paypal is not like any other currency available in the market. They have physical office location sin multiple countries. It is a big corporate company.

bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:39:00 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 05:54:50 PM by bestluck

I don't think that Paypal is a scam,because based on what I saw in the internet other online shops are using Paypal for payment, and mind you that those online shops are popular and legal. So maybe if someone was having a problem with Paypal then the people of Paypal should be aware to it, because it's damaging the name of  Paypal.  

Some people are using paypal and they do not faced any issue from paypal so for them paypal is a good services and they still rely on it and mostly use paypal service for shopping etc while there are some poeple who are facing some problems like they get freezed from paypal or someone scam him with transaction reverse so they are calling it as scam. That is the thing which are feeling like paypal is a scam service.
hamiltonik

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:59:21 PM

Some people are using paypal and they do not faced any issue from paypal so for them paypal is a good services while there are some poeple who are facing some problems like they get freezed from paypal or someone scam him with transaction reverse so they are calling it as scam. That is the thing.

I also sometimes use this payment system, and I have never had any problems. I think that this is not the crooks and serious service. By the way, it is very convenient to use PayPal
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:35:31 AM

I think Paypal is not a scam. It is a reputable company with a long tradition. If fraud it will not survive that long. Paypal has attracted many users. Its security system very closely.
If you receive money from the transaction and the place is not clean, your account will be very susceptible to limited. This is a difficult thing when using Paypal. However this does not prove that paypal is a scam, it still very good and many users
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:36:07 AM

I'm not really aware of this Paypal before until I saw it in some other online shops that accepts Paypal and then the amount will be in USD. And we don't have proof if its scam or what, and i think if its a scam there will be many news about this as well as the online shops, they will not use it anymore.
boyptc

Activity: 2968
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:38:57 PM

Well, if you have linked legit credit card on your PayPal then you did not encounter any problem in PayPal unless you violate the PayPal rules, those who say that PayPal is scam are those who have problem about their credit card they insert (probably cheap VCC) or they violate the PayPal rules.

Actually I didn't used any credit card for it(physical) instead I used virtual credit card that is working for 4 years and I really don't have any problems with it. I don't know with other VCC users, I have some issues of delay transferring my funds to bank and upon complaining they resolved it immediately. And as of now, I'm happy using my paypal funds for buying things online.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:52:01 PM

Paypal has already established its reputation to people (seller and buyer ) all over the world even myself I already used Paypal several times and transact big transaction but paypal didn't fail me even once ! I also think that Paypal is much safer to use than bitcoins when transacting legal services !

Paypal although is popular and was the only best payment method before bitcoins. But i cant say its secure than bitcoins. Paypal rollback feature can be used with evil mind and people may be denied of money. On the other hand there is no rollback of bitcoins.  Still Anyways calling Paypal a scam is not right at all.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:54:25 PM

I think Paypal is not a scam. It is a reputable company with a long tradition. If fraud it will not survive that long. Paypal has attracted many users. Its security system very closely.
If you receive money from the transaction and the place is not clean, your account will be very susceptible to limited. This is a difficult thing when using Paypal. However this does not prove that paypal is a scam, it still very good and many users
Although they do not have the best support, I also think that many users still benefit from the service, and I certainly would not say that the company is a scam.
Some of the points you have mentioned may actually be a problem for users who need a more fungible form of payment, which is why many users will prefer to use Bitcoin instead of Paypal.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:19:07 PM

I'm not really aware of this Paypal before until I saw it in some other online shops that accepts Paypal and then the amount will be in USD. And we don't have proof if its scam or what, and i think if its a scam there will be many news about this as well as the online shops, they will not use it anymore.
Lol I think paypal does not turn out to be a scam. only those who feel aggrieved because the rules applied by paypal so they say that paypal do scamming them. whereas paypal is highly trusted services
margarete11

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

I dont know if I am just the only one experiencing it but when I first tried paypal I thought they are going to take my money away because my employer sent me my first earning via paypal and what paypal did they limted my avcount so i cant cash it out ! I thinks it been limited for 21 days or more but after several identification they release my money and succesfully transfer it to my bank and I can verify to you that it is very legit
zbeky

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:02:57 PM

Once you're fully verified with legit ID and play by Paypal's ToS, you shouldn't be worried about your money there. Sure, somebody can do a chargeback on you but then it's the person who scammed you and not paypal. I've been using it for quite a long time without problem.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:44:16 PM

PayPal is scam seriously. First of all  i would like to tell you that PayPal is a totally legit organisation so basically what i meant by that is if anything happens to the site like hacked or maybe some kind of glitch which made you lose your money PayPal is totally liable to pay you without any excuses. And you are also allowed to sue them if it is their fault so i don't think you shouldn't be scared of anything.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 4080

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:50:22 PM

PayPal is scam seriously. First of all  i would like to tell you that PayPal is a totally legit organisation so basically what i meant by that is if anything happens to the site like hacked or maybe some kind of glitch which made you lose your money PayPal is totally liable to pay you without any excuses. And you are also allowed to sue them if it is their fault so i don't think you shouldn't be scared of anything.

You are saying 2 opposites things:
=> PayPal is scam seriously
PayPal is a totally legit organisation <=

As for to sue Paypal, i would like to tell you good luck, specially for an average customer. There are lot of companies that tried this before with good and reputed lawyers and they simply got nothing and lost more money due to cost to sue them. Very hard to mess with Paypal

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:02:56 PM

People accusing PayPal of being a scam are often those who violate the TOS or deal in illegal activities, and then face clawback of their funds when PayPal wises up to them, or the counter-parties they are dealing with report them. As a large financial institution, PayPal is regulated. There are plenty of remedies for anyone feeling "wronged" by PayPal, be it through regulators, or by filing a civil action to recoup their "scammed by PayPal" funds. The reason this doesn't happen is because PayPal is following the law, and the aggrieved users are not.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: