Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:24:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
DocGTR

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:06:45 PM

People accusing PayPal of being a scam are often those who violate the TOS or deal in illegal activities, and then face clawback of their funds when PayPal wises up to them, or the counter-parties they are dealing with report them. As a large financial institution, PayPal is regulated. There are plenty of remedies for anyone feeling "wronged" by PayPal, be it through regulators, or by filing a civil action to recoup their "scammed by PayPal" funds. The reason this doesn't happen is because PayPal is following the law, and the aggrieved users are not.

I completely agree with you. If people do not chestnie, they do not need to use the service PayPal.
I am a long time use of this payment system, and I have never had any problems. It's a great service

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:48:01 PM

PayPal is scam seriously. First of all  i would like to tell you that PayPal is a totally legit organisation so basically what i meant by that is if anything happens to the site like hacked or maybe some kind of glitch which made you lose your money PayPal is totally liable to pay you without any excuses. And you are also allowed to sue them if it is their fault so i don't think you shouldn't be scared of anything.

You are saying 2 opposites things:
=> PayPal is scam seriously
PayPal is a totally legit organisation <=

As for to sue Paypal, i would like to tell you good luck, specially for an average customer. There are lot of companies that tried this before with good and reputed lawyers and they simply got nothing and lost more money due to cost to sue them. Very hard to mess with Paypal

If you didn't lose millions of dollars, why even bother suing Paypal? You're gonna travel abroad to have a hearing with them and that alone costs a lot. A lawyer that has the same level as Paypal's lawyers would also cost a lot. It's not worth suing them since you're just going to double what you lost so most people just rant about it on the Internet and hope that somehow it gives Paypal a bad reputation.

But to be honest, you wouldn't win against them simply since you encountered that so-called "problem" of yours because you violated a rule or their policy doesn't cover your concern.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 04:18:03 PM

I have been using PayPal for 4 years and I haven't encountered any problems. When people buy music of my site, it goes automatically to my PayPal but these payments are just frequent small money like $5, $7, $10 etc.

When I exchange my Bitcoins for PayPal balance, I only do small transactions at a time like $250 usually so that PayPal wouldn't notice. I heard people said that you should notify PayPal if you are going to received a big sum of money like $30,000 onwards.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:36:17 AM

I don't think that Paypal is a scam,because based on what I saw in the internet other online shops are using Paypal for payment, and mind you that those online shops are popular and legal. So maybe if someone was having a problem with Paypal then the people of Paypal should be aware to it, because it's damaging the name of  Paypal.  

There's no solid proof that paypal is a scam those people that are using it thinks that paypal is scam. And those who are experiencing but delays and other problems with paypal are talking but complains to them. I did use paypal for so many times and I'm satisfied with it. I don't even intend to say that they are just scamming me.
Some people are using paypal and they do not faced any issue from paypal so for them paypal is a good services and they still rely on it and mostly use paypal service for shopping etc while there are some poeple who are facing some problems like they get freezed from paypal or someone scam him with transaction reverse so they are calling it as scam. That is the thing which are feeling like paypal is a scam service.
And this is one of the advantages of bitcoin over paypal, no one can freeze your bitcoins since you are the only possessor of your funds if you have your own wallet, unlike paypal that can freeze our funds because it is a centralized service.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:45:16 AM

People accusing PayPal of being a scam are often those who violate the TOS or deal in illegal activities, and then face clawback of their funds when PayPal wises up to them, or the counter-parties they are dealing with report them. As a large financial institution, PayPal is regulated. There are plenty of remedies for anyone feeling "wronged" by PayPal, be it through regulators, or by filing a civil action to recoup their "scammed by PayPal" funds. The reason this doesn't happen is because PayPal is following the law, and the aggrieved users are not.

It is funny that they are crying out and say that paypal is a scam even they know the TOS of it. Those cry babies is the true scammer.

Because if they aren't doing something illegal or shady, they will not experience any problem in paypal.

Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:29:11 AM

Paypal is not scam.  I have been using paypal before for almost a year but i have no major problem with them.  Though sometimes, they have a  poor services maybe because of the connection.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:40:00 AM

Paypal is not scam.  I have been using paypal before for almost a year but i have no major problem with them.  Though sometimes, they have a  poor services maybe because of the connection.

Before I reached bitcointalk and even before I started to use and earn bitcoin, I was into article writing, and my earnings are sent thru paypal, I have no problem in receiving money thru paypal, been using it for the long time now and it is still good....

This days, paypal is what I use when I am purchasing goods that are not present locally in online stores. I could say that paypal is fine...
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:12:40 AM

Before I reached bitcointalk and even before I started to use and earn bitcoin, I was into article writing, and my earnings are sent thru paypal, I have no problem in receiving money thru paypal, been using it for the long time now and it is still good....

This days, paypal is what I use when I am purchasing goods that are not present locally in online stores. I could say that paypal is fine...
Yes it is true that PayPal is not a scam but for those who have experienced that their funds being blocked they will say it is scam. There are PayPal users who are honest and have not done illegal activities have been blocked and with the poor support system of PayPal their funds were no longer recovered. It is indeed a scam for them. If you will experience it first hand then you will feel the same.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:14:18 AM

Yes it is true that PayPal is not a scam but for those who have experienced that their funds being blocked they will say it is scam. There are PayPal users who are honest and have not done illegal activities have been blocked and with the poor support system of PayPal their funds were no longer recovered. It is indeed a scam for them. If you will experience it first hand then you will feel the same.

I think that, it is not scam, but when exchanging of bitcoin to paypal, there will be a scam. We should know where we will convert or exchange our bitcoins. Paypal users are cannot see whether they are in the scam, or we do not know whether the transaction is scam or not.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:22:54 AM

Paypal is not scam.  I have been using paypal before for almost a year but i have no major problem with them.  Though sometimes, they have a  poor services maybe because of the connection.

Me too I dont have a problem that I encountered in paypal but my problem is the fee when we exchange it into bank.When im not a Bitcoin user before I use my brothers paypal account because I dont have a card that required to verify paypal account and until now I didn't encountered some error.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:33:52 PM

Well for me they are a very good and trust able payment processor.

But one issue which i dont like in pp is that the chargeback factor.

I never been chargeback before but there's too much of complain towards paypal when people get chargeback when trading for digital products or digital items.

I've never understand how does the dispute or chargeback works and what the factors or criteria will affect the decision of chargeback
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:05:11 PM

If you just send money (probably 99 % of people) it looks as super legit company with good customer protection and it 'just works'. If you get a merchant account you will find out what true PayPal is all about and you will eventually Pay, pal.

My suggestion is stay the hell out of it - the rules are not transparent and are bent all the time and they can do whatever they feel like, with payment processors (processing VISA/Mastercard) you can at least choose from multiple but once you 'hook' your customers on PayPal it's over.

Just my 2 cents - everyone I know had at least once at some point their PayPal account frozen (ofc the merchant account).

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:42:30 PM

For me paypal is not a scam but it can be used by scammers to scam other people who are using online accounts for buying via internet. Most scammers sells goods offering cheap products that may attract buyers online and transact with peoples who cannot be trusted and then you could be their victim. If already have deal with them that's the time they require your paypal account for the payment and no products or goods are coming out to you and everything has not come out to reality as what have you negotiated with them by deal discussions through e-mail.

praboso96

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:04:55 PM

For me paypal is not a scam but it can be used by scammers to scam other people who are using online accounts for buying via internet. Most scammers sells goods offering cheap products that may attract buyers online and transact with peoples who cannot be trusted and then you could be their victim. If already have deal with them that's the time they require your paypal account for the payment and no products or goods are coming out to you and everything has not come out to reality as what have you negotiated with them by deal discussions through e-mail.

Yes, you are right, PayPal is not the scammers. This is a serious company that values its reputation. That is why it does not work with suspicious payments
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:58:43 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.

If that's the case, why don't you stay away from it little by little. Besides, you felt doubtful about it so no need to stay with it. Just follow your thoughts for what you think is right. Although, Paypal has been standing for a several years and many nations using it too, but we cannot blame their other clients about there complaints againts paypal.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:22:30 AM

Yes, you are right, PayPal is not the scammers. This is a serious company that values its reputation. That is why it does not work with suspicious payments
But most paypal users complained that their accounts on hold for no apparent reason, I too have experienced paypal balance can't I transfer into the account but I think there is no problem. And since that, I've never used paypal and open paypal site again.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:29:34 AM

Agree, although many complained about paypal, but I'm sure that paypal is not a scam. Most users of paypal on the block because they would abuse the Paypal for the illegal transaction. And besides it's because they don't want to verify credit card that is the main requirement in order for use Paypal.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:01:33 AM

If you just send money (probably 99 % of people) it looks as super legit company with good customer protection and it 'just works'. If you get a merchant account you will find out what true PayPal is all about and you will eventually Pay, pal.

My suggestion is stay the hell out of it - the rules are not transparent and are bent all the time and they can do whatever they feel like, with payment processors (processing VISA/Mastercard) you can at least choose from multiple but once you 'hook' your customers on PayPal it's over.

Just my 2 cents - everyone I know had at least once at some point their PayPal account frozen (ofc the merchant account).
This is true, if you use paypal as a payment processor you are going to get a very good impression of paypal, but if you are selling stuff on ebay or something sooner or later your account is going to get frozen even if you are a legitimate business.
Holly-Dolly

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:35:57 PM

They are a legit company and offers good service to all of us. Those people that are saying that paypal is a scam are the ones that was victimized by real scammers and they used out paypal for their shady activity and behavior. The bad thing is that the victim thinks that he was scammed by paypal and not by that real scammer guy.
If some users are using the payment system in their dark deeds, it does not mean that the system is a scam.
farl2web

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:16:44 PM

Who benefits from slander paypal name. This is the number of users who have this payment system, it says that they have nothing to do with scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: