Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:18:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
egonzalezburns1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:49:19 AM

Stuck on your account usually because they find some frauds in your account then they would lock it without a warning for you, they have rights to do it . So you can appeal with them and receive that funds in the next 180 days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

It's not a scam, but with it being easy to reverse a tx at a late stage it can certainly be used to scam people. Paypal is good for a buyer i would say.
Paypal is not a good mode of payment for the buyer because it can be used to scam people by doing chargeback and it is already a threat for the people who uses paypal. Bitcoin cannot reverse and once you send it to the person that you are about to pay then it will not reversible and the only thing that is possible to get it back is to request refund.
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:57:04 AM

paypal is actually not scamming nor a scam site,when a service is just popular and getting used by so many people,i'm sure their quality will be lowering and so many problem will occur either major or minor problem to their clients,they can't take care of their clients and can't pleasing all of their clients so it will result so many complain
Exactly. Paypal maintained a good name for years and i'm sure had helped a lot of us through their platform but it is true. They may not have enough staff to take care of clients' complains so it is happening but by name they are not a scam amd nor a scammer. They have to take good care of their long maintained name and fame. Not unless if they want to be over taken  by new payment platforms on the rise right now.  

migolmigol

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:43:43 AM

I don't think so. Paypal has already been operating for years now and it is just early this years that lot of companies got into the industry to compete with it. It is possible though that the scam comes from the trading itself. The scammers who sell prodcuts or services and ask for paypal payments. So to avoid that, one must be careful and really see if the one they are talking is legit by doing some reviews about it.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:45:34 AM

I already have some problems with Paypal, but they have a very active customer service. They are efficient and you can contact them in case of problem with your account.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:22:01 PM

Previously, I, like you, said that Paypal is a reputable online payment method. However, after reviewing the comments through the site you gave me, I felt anxious and abandoned the intention of using Paypal, too many complaints, too many errors and almost everything was not resolved until the present moment

MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:55:19 PM

For now, paypal is not a scam. Paypal has been establish for a couple of years, long enough to sustain.
preico

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:08:41 PM

I rarely use this electronic payment system, but I can say for sure that they are not scammers. PayPal is a reliable service. But you do not need to conduct illegal transactions through this system - you will be punished

Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:01:59 PM

I do not have anything issues about using Paypal. I have 2 credit cards linked on my Paypal account and I think it is totally safe there. Paypal is useful specially if you want to purchase online. Paypal is like a third party that will protect your card when purchasing online. Thank God I do not experience any scam unlike others.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:35:06 PM

I have been using paypal for a long time now. What Inhave learned is that tjeir customer service team doesn't carr about customer. They will tell you over the phone to try other services if we don't agree to their policies. They won't show emphaty to anyone and just want to get rid of you. Fee's are too high and there is a limit on what can be withdrawn everyday. They are too strict because one bad transaction can cost them millions of dollars. Btw, I don't think paypal is a scam.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:44:20 PM

I think it is not a scam at all. It was just a technical problem or a bad service. Come to think of it, it is one of the leading innovative up to now and operating for years now. Maybe it is due to some problem that is why all of the people just like you had a problem you've faced.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bosimpson54

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:55:20 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
I also had a stuck fund in my account when I started participating in Paypal, but in the end I also got my account number and the funds stuck in there, I asked about the Expert in the field like Paypal and I have got the answer help me not stuck in there, Paypal to me that it is a useful tool
Ludwig van Cryptoven

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:59:39 PM

Paypal is not a pure scam, but as any big corporation sometimes have an arrogant position with its users.
devil jin

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:13:11 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
Maybe there are just issues that are existing within their operating system so Paypal is undergoing certain maintenance to keep in touch with its users and consumers so they just have to temporarily freeze their operating system and after they have already fixed the issue on their operating system, they would surely come back to reality and their operation will soon to comeback into normal. This happening might not be considered as scam but maybe it is just errors experience in the system.

Wilfrer

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:23:43 PM

Exactly. There were so many bad paypal rumors, I checked them myself and realized that it was true. They always give us unreasonable reasons and make our money disappear unreasonably. Beside that, they never support the user when they encounter undue trouble

mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:01:09 PM

Paypal is not a scam.  Make sure that the name in paypal account is exactly the same with your verified bank account. If an account is subject to fraud or unauthorized use, PayPal puts the "Limited Access" designation on the account or there is an alleged violations of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.  I have used my paypal account for quite awhile now and the transfer of my earnings and funds are always accounted for.  If there is truly an issue regarding the freezing of your account, try to contact them and they will solve the problem.  By the way, Paypal is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ebay since 2002.
Crypto Vitriol

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:11:10 PM

Why do you think this? It seems to me a very solid company
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:17:42 PM

It's not a scam, but with it being easy to reverse a tx at a late stage it can certainly be used to scam people. Paypal is good for a buyer i would say.
Paypal is not a good mode of payment for the buyer because it can be used to scam people by doing chargeback and it is already a threat for the people who uses paypal. Bitcoin cannot reverse and once you send it to the person that you are about to pay then it will not reversible and the only thing that is possible to get it back is to request refund.
I don't know this chargeback facility in Paypal is advantage or disadvantage, many people use this facility and scam others. And here our money will be controlled by PayPal this is not good. In this matter, i also support bitcoin once you send BTC to anyone it won't come back. There is no reversible option in Bitcoin.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:26:07 PM

I don't know this chargeback facility in Paypal is advantage or disadvantage, many people use this facility and scam others. And here our money will be controlled by PayPal this is not good. In this matter, i also support bitcoin once you send BTC to anyone it won't come back. There is no reversible option in Bitcoin.
In reality the charge back option is meant to help the users from scammers but scammers are using it to their advantage,the main problem with paypal is that their dispute could last forever and to get a solution from them it will take a really long time and hence it is not a good method for people doing business as their money will be held by them until the dispute is over.
kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:33:06 PM

No Paypal is not scam coz i'm using it for a long time,  maybe in the near future there's an altcoin exchange that will surpass Paypal. in its real time sending fees,customer protection and etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: