Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:42:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities?  (Read 20112 times)
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:29:42 PM

Yes USD is being used for illegal activities, not only USD are being used for illegal activities all legal currencies are being used for illegal activities because people will do what ever they want just to earn a big money. It's very hard to stop people from getting away in illegal activities.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(altair)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:48:14 PM

I think every kind of money is being used for illegal activities,
Specially bitcoin because it is so easy to use and easy to send from almost all over the world.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2310
Merit: 337

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:19:40 PM

All of the currencies that are available in the world are always used to do illegal activities because that is how the criminals will earn or have a power to buy something that can help them to be a stronger criminals and i think there is nothing to be surprised because even in the past money is already used for this kind of bad activities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:31:38 PM

The us gov basically prints money so that we can go to war and all that. If our money was still based on gold we coulent keep doing that. Our ability to wage war would be limited to the actual amount of funds we have.

Then more people would not want to go to war because the money has to be accounted for and is tracked more closely. When you can print money you can go to war whenevr you want. Not good.
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:39:19 PM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

In my opinion its far easy to use BTC for illegal activities rather than the USD, money can be tracked but with the anonymity of bitcoins tracking it will be very hard, kidnappers can demand it for ransom and it can be used to finance terrorism and money laundering as well.

reuschman

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:57:33 AM

in my point of view, not only USD but also every currency would be used in illegal activities, if it occurs then responsibilities should not be go along with that currency. basically, the culprits are usually using or demanding the native currency.
so it doesn't make any sense.
TravelMug

Activity: 2590
Merit: 829

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:14:59 AM

in my point of view, not only USD but also every currency would be used in illegal activities, if it occurs then responsibilities should not be go along with that currency. basically, the culprits are usually using or demanding the native currency.
so it doesn't make any sense.

Yes every currency in the world can be used for illegal activity, however, for me USD is the most accepted currency in the world. Most of these currencies are only used inside their own countries. But let say a dealer from US wants to buy drugs from someone in Mexico, I'm pretty sure that the Mexican drug cartel would rather accept USD as payment rather than that Mexico pesos.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:45:39 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
To judge US dollar in all human sins is just not fare. Yes this currency is accepted over the world, but terrorism, drugs and other illegal activity paid with other currencies as well. And bitcoin takes it's part in this as well. This world is corrupted and the government can easily see all the ways of dollar moves from one bill to another, but they don't do anything, because it's not profitable to them. Everything is rolling around money.
I have heard there is new cryptocurrency which you can't fallow and you can't see where this money is going. I think we have to wait for the new wave of criminal activity.   
Dead Coin Revival Team

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:54:38 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like /2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/]the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

The biggest terrorist organization that manipulates the US Dollar is the Federal Reserve. It is not Federal, it is run by bankers and you pay for it with income tax. It's the biggest scam in the history of mankind. You don't believe me? Watch this.

https://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0

These are the real terrorists. This should be mandatory viewing for every human on the planet. Watch and learn.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 12:59:50 PM

It is anonymous what do you think? It may be used in that way because it leaves no signs of poor as long as it is back tracked like very very seriously. Then also end user can have fake information provided on wallet. There are huge chances of happening these activities and so smoothly that we may never know at what extend it is happening.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Cazkys

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:29:40 AM

It could be used in illegal activities. It could even be used in terrorism. They will use the currency for blackmailing or they could hack certain bank website to steal money. Actually, at present, it is the most used currencies for illegal activities. It is always involved. As far as I  remember in my history class, it was the one that was used in Massacre in Gaza, Israel.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:32:23 AM

It could be used in illegal activities. It could even be used in terrorism. They will use the currency for blackmailing or they could hack certain bank website to steal money. Actually, at present, it is the most used currencies for illegal activities. It is always involved. As far as I  remember in my history class, it was the one that was used in Massacre in Gaza, Israel.

What do you mean it could be used? It is already being used as of today and i think it is the most widely used currency for illegal activities since it's also the most widely used curremcy in the world. It has been that way for a very long time i'm sure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1197

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

What do you mean it could be used? It is already being used as of today and i think it is the most widely used currency for illegal activities since it's also the most widely used curremcy in the world. It has been that way for a very long time i'm sure.
Just based on the anonymity people have a wrong understanding that bitcoin is the most used currency for all illegal activities. In reality what's been said by above mate is cent percent true. Around the world USD is the most used currency for all illegal activities as well illegal transactions.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:00:39 AM

No doubt about that.  We know how powerful is the US and of course their currency.  It is the fiat currency of the world.  All prices were based on their currency.  And yes, maybe, the USD was used for crime and still using it.  Actually all money were used for illegal activities.  Example is the money seized from the hideout of the Maute group here in the Philippines.  So as long as there were evil plans, people will likely to use any forms of money to expand and continue their illegal activities.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Just based on the anonymity people have a wrong understanding that bitcoin is the most used currency for all illegal activities. In reality what's been said by above mate is cent percent true. Around the world USD is the most used currency for all illegal activities as well illegal transactions.
Of course the fiat money will be the most used type of money in illegal transactions because they are the first money in the world and people have no choices like bitcoin in the fast few years and they only have fiat money so it is obvious to tell that even there is bitcoin or any type of cryptocurrency, USD and other fiat currency is still the most used in illegal activities.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:40:43 PM

Illegal activity is human action, and the use of BTC or USD is not important. Even if there will be no currency, people will use barter to illegal operations. It's like blaming the mirror for the reflection in it.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:51:55 PM

BTC and USD are both fairly anonymous currencies (neither is perfectly anonymous). The government creates black markets, and black markets require anonymity. Anything that grants that is likely going to be used on those black markets.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:42:29 PM

BTC and USD are both fairly anonymous currencies (neither is perfectly anonymous). The government creates black markets, and black markets require anonymity. Anything that grants that is likely going to be used on those black markets.

Anonymous?  Like it was not recognized or unknown to many people?  Are you really sure of that?  It is USD!  American dollar or United States Dollar.  It is impossible that it is anonymous.  But I agree with you that it can be used on drug market.
dmamigo

Activity: 1204

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Anonymous?  Like it was not recognized or unknown to many people?  Are you really sure of that?  It is USD!  American dollar or United States Dollar.  It is impossible that it is anonymous.  But I agree with you that it can be used on drug market.

Anonymous in the sense that it will have no record for a transaction, when done via cash. If its done through online, its definitely not hidden.
And BTC is not kind of anonymous as if the government wants, they can track down, but ofcourse it can be averted by many ways.

CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:20:37 PM

Anonymous in the sense that it will have no record for a transaction, when done via cash. If its done through online, its definitely not hidden.
And BTC is not kind of anonymous as if the government wants, they can track down, but ofcourse it can be averted by many ways.

Maybe he is talking about the other anonymity here, like when you send a cash to another person maybe meeting up in a place and doing the transaction. But still, there is no way a US dollar will be anonymous, if it is anonymous, then why government can still track transactions happening. In bitcoin too, they can still track it but in the different way.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: