Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:52:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities?  (Read 20114 times)
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 09:57:46 AM

I don't think there's any currency in the world  that has not been used for illegal activities. Although It depends on the type of illegal activities or business in which you are referring to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:45:14 PM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that ALL of the currencies in the world are being used in illegal activities. Most criminals opt to use USD because it is considered global money. And amywhere you go usd have great value and is accepted in every countries. But really, even the currency that has lowest exchange rate for other currencies are being used illegally. Say for example we are in the China. If one breaks into a convenience store he'll probably get a bunch of Yuans there and not a single usd.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:50:51 PM

I think every currency is used for illegal actvities, even cryptocurrency is being used for that reason.  I think this usage, as been for a long time, so it won't affect badly on the currencies. USD is one of the most powerful fiat, and it is more and more regulated to find these activities. Some of these happen,some might be made by big guys in their countries, so nobody can do anything about it.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:53:06 AM

I think every currency is used for illegal actvities, even cryptocurrency is being used for that reason.  I think this usage, as been for a long time, so it won't affect badly on the currencies. USD is one of the most powerful fiat, and it is more and more regulated to find these activities. Some of these happen,some might be made by big guys in their countries, so nobody can do anything about it.
That’s the dilemma that each and every currency is used for illegal purposes no matter how safe and secure it is presented to the world. USD is again just a currency and definitely is used by evil minds in smuggling etc. we can never blame currencies for wrong activities. All fault lies on our shoulders.
Maslate

Activity: 2982
Merit: 676

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:36:13 AM

That’s the dilemma that each and every currency is used for illegal purposes no matter how safe and secure it is presented to the world. USD is again just a currency and definitely is used by evil minds in smuggling etc. we can never blame currencies for wrong activities. All fault lies on our shoulders.
USD is popular therefore we can expect there are people who are using it for illegal activities and that is already beyond our control.
We have the government agency who are in charge to prevent or arrest people who are into illegal activities.
Bitcoin and altcoins are popular now so they might also use this for illegal activities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:51:56 AM

I don't think there's any currency in the world  that has not been used for illegal activities. Although It depends on the type of illegal activities or business in which you are referring to.
Well you may be right. You never know what is going on under the tables. But as far as Bitcoin is concerned, we have never seen any such event which is reported which gives us the proof that Bitcoin Is being used in any sort of illegal activities.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:18:39 AM

You are right and this is what the actual dilemma is. You can never blame the technology but the one who is using that technology. It might be possible that Bitcoin is being used for some sort of illegal activities but so far we didn’t come across any such news.
miyong

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:35:39 AM

Every currency is used for illegal activities. With money we can buy good or bad things, it depend from what kind of person someone is. American dollar is currency is most strongest in the world, big nation, many corporation and businesses are finished with dollars. So it'snot strange that dollar is used for illegal things.
People will never stop to use currencies for illegal activities. Too many people wish to be rich without work, on easy and fast way.

You are right.  It is not new if usd are being used for illegal purposes and It is not important also if it is usd or not as long as it is currency that maybe used for every illegal activities.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:18:49 PM

Well you may be right. You never know what is going on under the tables. But as far as Bitcoin is concerned, we have never seen any such event which is reported which gives us the proof that Bitcoin Is being used in any sort of illegal activities.

It may not be on the news but i think people doing illegal activities are thay dumb not to see how bitcoin's anonymity can make their lives easier. It's probably being used for a few years now

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:43:05 PM

It may not be on the news but i think people doing illegal activities are thay dumb not to see how bitcoin's anonymity can make their lives easier. It's probably being used for a few years now

Bitcoins was born to do the illegal activity but when the FBI cleared the silk route they got this coin and technology and then it came to the open public which some software engineers started to use it and today it is creating a big revolution in the currency world. As the owner of the transaction cannot be recognized due to decentralized technology Bitcoin became more famous for illegal activities
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:30:25 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like /2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/]the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
Sure, it is being used for a lot of illegal activities since it is money people base on that and use it to pay for illegal goods and services both offline and online
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:59:41 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like /2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/]the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Sure, it is being used for a lot of illegal activities since it is money people base on that and use it to pay for illegal goods and services both offline and online

Fiat or any digital currency is born as can be done as illegal activities,depending on the person whether it is good or bad it will be used. Bitcoin has often been associated with illegal activities such as money laundering and the trade in illegal goods, mainly because its transactions can be carried out anonymously.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 07:08:34 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

The thing is that US is considered to be a super power of economies and all countries will have to accept USD and terrorist groups are located in different areas, so usd will be easier for them to use as a common currency and not using currencies of the countries they reside in. USD is used as a common platform of currencies,but all currencies including bitcoin is used for illegal things. And compliance department of every bank will find it difficult for finding out who is doing illegal things and who is not doing, even though they have all these Anti-Money laundering (AML)  and KYC regulations, Enhanced Customer Due Diligence (ECDD)  schemes don't help them out.

Ghostrich

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:19:03 PM

It sure is. USD as the "main" global currency is being laundered across border day in and day out. This doesn't mean that other currencies don't get laundered. But US dollars is definitely getting laundered the most.. maybe soon Bitcoin will surpass it? Nah..
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:41:46 PM

If there is any other currency that is used more than anything for illegal activities its no other one than dollars and its due to its universal acceptance across the world in that there is no country that one will get to that someone is not asking to use the dollars either for trade or for travels and this reason makes it available in the hands of wrong individuals and they use it at will.
Cazkys

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:43:48 AM

If the USD is being used for illegal activities is a yes and no doubt about it, its already in the news since long ago that people are also using USD to do illegal activities. Since the USD is one of the most powerful currency that you can use for any trade be it local or international its not a surprise that individuals or groups who do illegal things will have their eyes focus on the USD since it's much easier to use and exchange.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:10:50 AM

If the USD is being used for illegal activities is a yes and no doubt about it, its already in the news since long ago that people are also using USD to do illegal activities. Since the USD is one of the most powerful currency that you can use for any trade be it local or international its not a surprise that individuals or groups who do illegal things will have their eyes focus on the USD since it's much easier to use and exchange.

You can do anything with the usd.Bad or good its up to you.Anything is possible with the usd.Its an international currency so its not that hard to do some illegal activities.People do illegal activities because they get bigger profit.
brascopck

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:22:54 AM

Obviously, almost all currencies being used for illegal activities too, even bitcoin too and illegal activities is not always all people know because its illegal and broke the law. Drugs, illegal weapon, money laundry and other illegal activites.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:44:54 AM

All of the kinds of money are already used in illegal activities and in fact, the illegal activities are mostly happening inside the government because of the corrupt people who are hungry for money and they are just keep on stealing the money of the people and covering themselves in lies.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:50:23 AM

maybe not for my own opinion. It is the duty of the authority to deal with those bad elements who uses USD for their illegal activities not the USD itself. USD is just a currency, it has nothing to do with the illegal activities.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: