Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:22:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is mining ? And how does bitcoin get generated  (Read 1231 times)
Roboabhishek (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:51:56 PM

I have a serious question since I started using bitcoin that is -> How bitcoin is generated

- By Bitcoin currency creator  ?

Also what happen in mining does it create more bitcoin or it's a reward for confirming transactions by Bitcoin creator.

I hope getting answer soon.
Thanks
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:04:59 AM

I have a serious question since I started using bitcoin that is -> How bitcoin is generated

Bitcoin is generated through the mining process. It is nothing but a mathematical calculation to find a SHA256 hash which satisfies certain criteria.

Also what happen in mining does it create more bitcoin or it's a reward for confirming transactions by Bitcoin creator.
By mining, a miner gets rewarded by some bitcoin from the network as well as the miner collects total mining fee from the Tx list it is confirming.

Thanks
For details, please check https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining

buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:29:30 AM

Mining is simply confirming the transactions of bitcoins.

- By Bitcoin currency creator  ?
Thanks

Bitcoin is not practically generated, the miners just include a transaction of block reward to himself when a block is found.

nearly both are correct more bitcoins comes into circulation and that bitcoin comes in the way of reward.

Huh One thing i don't understand on what meaning you are specifying bitcoin creator
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:25:00 PM

Thanks
bitcoin mining ? is the process of adding transaction records you can get generated bitcoin depends on the hash power of your bitcoin miner and for me as of today or last survey that bitcoin mining is not that profitable right just try trading and everything will be fine for sure.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:28:33 PM

Thanks
There is no specific Bitcoin currency creator, blockchain itself creates new bitcoins out of thin air and will includes it to the newly created block as a reward to the miner who finds it.

With mining process, our new transactions are being included into new blocks and recent-old transactions are being confirmed. For the process "including", blockchain rewards new bitcoins.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Roboabhishek (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 08:16:30 PM

Mining is simply confirming the transactions of bitcoins.

Thanks

Bitcoin is not practically generated, the miners just include a transaction of block reward to himself when a block is found.

nearly both are correct more bitcoins comes into circulation and that bitcoin comes in the way of reward.

Huh One thing i don't understand on what meaning you are specifying bitcoin creator

I meant Nakamoto when I said creator of bitcoin Cheesy ,
As he made this currency they he should be having some administrative rights like giving bitcoins to miners , etc
Some of my doubts are now clear.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:23:32 PM

As he made this currency they he should be having some administrative rights like giving bitcoins to miners , etc

No.

Bitcoin is a decentralized, open-source, permissionless, trustless, peer-to-peer system.

You have all the same administrative rights in this system as Mr. Nakamoto.  The system doesn't allow him to do ANYTHING that is doesn't also allow you to do.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:29:59 PM

Bitcoin is completely decentralized and no one has yet been identified as the original owner/creator of bitcoin. But yes how much and how bitcoin will be generated every time when transaction is included in a block every 10 minutes time were fixed/setup in early days by bitcoin creator/dev. Those generated bitcoin will go towards miner who have enough mining power and who support bitcoin network not towards the creator of bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:40:28 PM

No.

Bitcoin is a decentralized, open-source, permissionless, trustless, peer-to-peer system.

You have all the same administrative rights in this system as Mr. Nakamoto.  The system doesn't allow him to do ANYTHING that is doesn't also allow you to do.
Maybe in theory when we are talking about 1 person it is correct. But what about scenario when this person is admin of the biggest mining pool.
Isn't that true that these people (owners of mining pools, developers) have bigger possibilities to influence bitcoin?
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 06:19:37 PM

bitcoin mining is a time based process in which a mashine is used to solve huge mathamatical problems and each problem is placed into a  network block with a set of 20000-30000 transactions friom all over the world and as soon as a block gets solved it is also being verified and hence all the transactions in that will get confirmations
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:26:54 PM

everything is explained here : http://www.coindesk.com/information/how-bitcoin-mining-works/
Steve_T

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 08:57:13 PM

Thanks for posting the thread, really interesting info.
rik3

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 03:03:17 AM

Thanks
Accoding To Me As I Know That Bitcoins are Generated By Solving Some Mathematical Equations By a Hardware Which is Known as a Mining Hardware.....
In Mining The Bitcoin Transactions are Confirmed And Enlisted into The Public Ledger By the Mining Hardware.....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: