Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:41:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom R9 380 BIOS for 23-24Mh/s  (Read 21770 times)
nerdralph (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:29:24 PM

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwLnDyLLT3WkRUQ4VU5kVm5qM0k
A single BIOS image works with both Hynix and Elpida RAM.
http://nerdralph.blogspot.ca/2016/09/advanced-tonga-bios-editing.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:06:08 AM

Very nice ROM, I have a few similar ROMS and gave yours a try and like it a lot.  I used it on some Powercolor 380's and they run stock at 980/1450 and I set them to 925/1650 and get a stable 23.8-24.1 mining Eth only with claymore's.

I have a couple that will run at 950/1675 and hit 24.5 but only about 50% have been stable

Props for a nice ROM

edited to add:
the PC 380 use Elpida mem

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:13:59 AM

It's not hard, but congrats on handing it to idiots.

I won't take that personal but it is nice to see people that share with others, regardless.  I have plenty of my own and don't need anyone's help.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 06:14:27 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 08:33:24 AM by Eliovp

I won't take that personal but it is nice to see people that share with others, regardless.  I have plenty of my own and don't need anyone's help.

It wasn't meant to be - I'm not against sharing instructions/knowledge, just premade solutions. It wasn't a dig at you at all.

EDIT: Btw, 02 isn't always Hynix.

So very true.. This rom can still fuck up a lot of cards..

I already shared something like this a while ago.. You can check that one out and perhaps make yours even better Smiley

Ps. Read this
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/60221/#Comment_60221

And read the replies as well!

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:49:31 AM

I won't take that personal but it is nice to see people that share with others, regardless.  I have plenty of my own and don't need anyone's help.

It wasn't meant to be - I'm not against sharing instructions/knowledge, just premade solutions. It wasn't a dig at you at all.

I already shared something like this a while ago.. So no, you didn't do anything special..

Ps. Read this

Edit: i opened up the rom and i laughed.. It's basically exactly the same as the one i shared  Roll Eyes

What a fuck you are, a new guy shares his work and you shit on it.  Your ROM's are shit Eliovp and you try and sell them.  There are plenty of people that make ROM's and I am one of them and I have yet to see anything spectacular in any of yours.

When did he ever try and sell them? He's been giving them away for ages.

Look at his post, people come on here and get crapped on for trying to help out.  Instead of offering the guy constructive criticism. 

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 06:50:34 AM

What a fuck you are, a new guy shares his work and you shit on it.  Your ROM's are shit Eliovp and you try and sell them.  There are plenty of people that make ROM's and I am one of them and I have yet to see anything spectacular in any of yours.

Thank you for the nice words Smiley

I do believe that i shared like 200 Nano roms (at least..), also was the first to publicly share the RX roms which boost your hashrate at a significant speed..
Not to mention what else i already gave away "for free"..

Let me also refer you to this post: http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/60221/#Comment_60221 (also read the replies)..

Plus. I know a bit more than copying straps..
Ask me to add VDDC, MVDDC/VDDCI/AUX offsets and i'll do it.. not so sure if you're able to do that Wink

Anyhow, i didn't shit on his work, because it has been done before, so in theory not "his" work.. Wink
If he sends me a pm or even ask me something in here, i'll happily answer his question.
Same goes for you.

Greetings!

Edit: Forgot to mention, currently working on shedding rops, will "hopefully" have a working result by the end of this week Smiley

Edit2: @nerdralph: Here's a hint to make it even more faster. If you remove the last straps (anything about 1500) in other words end the table with 1500Mh, you'll get even faster hash Wink

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:59:24 AM

I already shared something like this a while ago.. So no, you didn't do anything special..

Ps. Read this

Edit: i opened up the rom and i laughed.. It's basically exactly the same as the one i shared  Roll Eyes

What a fuck you are, a new guy shares his work and you shit on it.  Your ROM's are shit Eliovp and you try and sell them.  There are plenty of people that make ROM's and I am one of them and I have yet to see anything spectacular in any of yours.

Here he is selling them- I do believe he is aka Heliox
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9517/non-rx-bios-modifications#latest

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:12:16 AM

Here he is selling them- I do believe he is aka Heliox
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9517/non-rx-bios-modifications#latest

Thx for the extra advertisement Smiley

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:17:37 AM

Ask me to add VDDC, MVDDC/VDDCI/AUX offsets and i'll do it.. not so sure if you're able to do that Wink

No, Heliox, you are the only one.  I have been modding and overclocking for many years.  Here is a D.I. setup overclocking a locked C2D TO 5 GHz - Probably around 2008-2009

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:36:26 AM

What a fuck you are, a new guy shares his work and you shit on it.  Your ROM's are shit Eliovp and you try and sell them.  There are plenty of people that make ROM's and I am one of them and I have yet to see anything spectacular in any of yours.

Care to show the work you can do on vBIOS ROM's, instead of resorting to blowing up with insults at the first opportunity?

I have seen various work from both Wolf0 and Heliox, and there i saw pretty good mods in both cases. However, i dont recall seeing any of yours? What ROMs mod do you make that are so great, they warrant calling Heliox's "shit ROMs"?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 08:15:06 AM

Care to show the work you can do on vBIOS ROM's, instead of resorting to blowing up with insults at the first opportunity?

I have seen various work from both Wolf0 and Heliox, and there i saw pretty good mods in both cases. However, i dont recall seeing any of yours? What ROMs mod do you make that are so great, they warrant calling Heliox's "shit ROMs"?

I make my own and use them, I certainly do not sell them for a profit.  It is obvious from his posts that he thinks he is the only one that can make ROM's and decided to crap on the new guy that was trying to be helpful.  The guy has been on this forum for 1 month and apparently pissed off a few people if you read the above posts.

It seems the guys with a bunch of posts should go around a bully other people here.  I can call Heliox's ROM's shit in rebuttal to him making the new guy look like he accomplished nothing.

Lastly, I will be more than happy to compare a ROM to his anytime.  What card would you prefer we compare?  Let's do something like a 390x - What stats do you want to compare- speed? 

Haha, you took the right card my friend.

Got 37-38Mh on a 390(non X)..  Cool

Anyhow, i'm not here to prove who has the biggest..

I already proved enough, shared enough, helped enough. No need for me to compete with someone Smiley

Again, you keep saying that i "bully" people. You're an idiot if you think so.

You should see my inbox, random people asking me to help them.
I reply/help each and one of them.

You know what. Let's do it like this: You're the best. You have the best roms. Your work is superior.

Hope you're happy now Smiley

Wink

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 08:34:04 AM

You know what, i changed my first post.

Because honestly, you're right  Wink

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:41:25 AM

You know what, i changed my first post.

Because honestly, you're right  Wink

I deleted my post about your ROM's being shit...I have never even used one of them  Wink - I apologize for those comments.  I get upset when people treat "noobs" harshly.  I come on here to learn and share and hope others will also.

kuronja

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:30:39 AM

eliovp, so what did you do to have ~37Mh, bios change or just clocks?
Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 09:33:11 AM

eliovp, so what did you do to have ~37Mh, bios change or just clocks?

A seriously heavy OC  Cheesy Wink

nerdralph (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:55:39 PM

Agreed.  I've seen another ROM that had just a single set of straps and used type 00 for Hynix.  I imagine it is just an enum in the BIOS code.
The way I figured out that it is Hynix for the Club3D BIOS I modded was by comparing the actual timing values to another BIOS that only supported Hynix.
nerdralph (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:02:15 PM

I already shared something like this a while ago.. You can check that one out and perhaps make yours even better Smiley

Ps. Read this

I had actually looked at the 380nitro ROM you posted a while back, but it had slower timing than the one I made.
nerdralph (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:18:54 PM

Ps. Read this

Look at his post, people come on here and get crapped on for trying to help out.  Instead of offering the guy constructive criticism. 

@Eliovp  If you think it's exactly the same as one you shared, I'm guessing you didn't have your coffee yet when you looked at my ROM.  Or maybe, je bent raar.  Here's the 1750Mhz/Elpida timing from the 380nitro ROM you posted:
Code:
77 71 33 20 00 00 00 00 B5 6A 7D 46 C0 55 10 15 3E 1D 1D 07 00 6C 07 01 22 AA 1C 08 0C 08 14 20 FA 89 00 AB 03 00 00 C0 1B 16 2C 31 71 31 3F 17
And here's mine:
Code:
77 71 33 20 00 00 00 00 EF 51 6A 37 90 55 0F 12 32 17 9A 05 00 6A E4 00 22 AA 1C 08 74 02 14 20 CA 89 C0 A8 02 00 00 C0 15 10 23 28 59 28 33 15

Guess which one is faster? :-)
nerdralph (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:22:16 PM

Very nice ROM, I have a few similar ROMS and gave yours a try and like it a lot.  I used it on some Powercolor 380's and they run stock at 980/1450 and I set them to 925/1650 and get a stable 23.8-24.1 mining Eth only with claymore's.

I have a couple that will run at 950/1675 and hit 24.5 but only about 50% have been stable

Props for a nice ROM

edited to add:
the PC 380 use Elpida mem
@kilo17
Try 900/1650 instead of 925 core.  Its just enough compute power to maximize the hashrate at 1650, and it falls in dpm5 (880-913Mhz) so you'll use a bit less power.
nerdralph (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:35:02 PM

Edit2: @nerdralph: Here's a hint to make it even more faster. If you remove the last straps (anything about 1500) in other words end the table with 1500Mh, you'll get even faster hash Wink

If you're claiming to change MVDDC through the BIOS on R9 380 cards, I'm calling bullshit on that.  While there might be MVDDC offsets in some Tonga BIOSes, it's no good to you when the memory voltage is not programmable.  I've physically checked (with a multimeter) the voltage on a few 380 cards, and the memory voltage is fixed at around 1.55V.

As for ending the table with the 1500 strap instead of 1750, I don't think that should make a difference, but I'll try it anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: