Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR the next bitcoin?  (Read 3797 times)
dadon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 01:48:03 AM

I doubt it just have a look at how it measures up to the supposed shit coin Shadowcash(SDC).
No wonder XMR fan boys wage a smear campaign on it this chart sort of speaks for its self! now go check the price difference  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1438

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:23:20 AM

Ok that picture speaks volumes about Shadowcoin. So why is their development team not working hard to get it accepted in the darknet market place? Instead of comparing it to the others why not do the hard work and try to make it a winner.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 04:27:50 AM

Ok that picture speaks volumes about Shadowcoin. So why is their development team not working hard to get it accepted in the darknet market place? Instead of comparing it to the others why not do the hard work and try to make it a winner.
I think it would be rather foolish of the Developers to do this, they are best not to risk imprisonment, but nothing stoping supporters requesting their nominated DM to accept us, the wallet is working and ready to go for some time, would love to see this personally, but i know our Development team personally would stay out of it completly.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1438

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:53:03 AM

So your development team only builds the coin and then leave it to the users to market it and get merchants to accept it? That may be is how bitcoin made its success but it is hardly going to work in this time and day. It is now a different time and the coin itself should prove to be more to attain success. It also should have a group that manipulates the crowd and more importantly for some also the price. This may be hard for you to accept but I speculate that the bitcoin insiders and supporters might have undergone some manipulative tactics to attain the coin's success.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 04:59:03 AM

So your development team only builds the coin and then leave it to the users to market it and get merchants to accept it? That may be is how bitcoin made its success but it is hardly going to work in this time and day. It is now a different time and the coin itself should prove to be more to attain success. It also should have a group that manipulates the crowd and more importantly for some also the price. This may be hard for you to accept but I speculate that the bitcoin insiders and supporters might have undergone some manipulative tactics to attain the coin's success.
I never said we would not market it.
what is the need to market to a centralised market when we build a decentralised platform that combines Tor/i2p,encrypted end to end chat/group chat, optional anonymous transactions as well as traceable transactions and a decentralised market? there is no need for us to market towards them, we are going to replace them.
all this will also be available on mobile thats a game changer!
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:09:14 AM

I doubt it just have a look at how it measures up to the supposed shit coin Shadowcash(SDC).
No wonder XMR fan boys wage a smear campaign on it this chart sort of speaks for its self! now go check the price difference  Roll Eyes

I would say that the only thing that is of any importance here, is multisig.  All the rest is not a coin's business.  The coin = the block chain protocol.  Whether you can chat, have graphical interfaces, an Apple implementation, commercial applications, network technology etc... ON TOP or NEXT to it is not the coin's business, and has nothing to do with the soundness of the protocol.

What matters for a coin is the protocol, and its privacy and economic consequences.  Can it be asic mined, can one track a succession of transactions on the block chain, are there ways to do more than simple transactions (multisig for instance), smart contracts, are there hard limits like block size, what is the coin emission model, ...

But chatting, networking, and other fancy stuff can always be done *independently* of the basic coin protocol.  So it doesn't matter.

But multisig is essential.
dinofelis

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:11:04 AM

So your development team only builds the coin and then leave it to the users to market it and get merchants to accept it?

Well, I find that the purest form of immutability, honestly.  The code is there, once and for all, implementing the white paper protocol.  One can of course always implement bug corrections, and efficiency improvements, but ideally, once the protocol is correctly implemented, that should be it, and there shouldn't be any "dev team" hanging around, having some moral high ground to break immutability by "improving" the protocol (and hence change it).
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 05:15:28 AM

So your development team only builds the coin and then leave it to the users to market it and get merchants to accept it?

Well, I find that the purest form of immutability, honestly.  The code is there, once and for all, implementing the white paper protocol.  One can of course always implement bug corrections, and efficiency improvements, but ideally, once the protocol is correctly implemented, that should be it, and there shouldn't be any "dev team" hanging around, having some moral high ground to break immutability by "improving" the protocol (and hence change it).

So monero should of just remained a pure byte coin clone and not made any improvements as they have(small)?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 06:11:16 AM

A Monero cryptographer broke SDC, maybe you should return the favor or STFU.

dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:11:10 AM

They had the same bug but it never went to main net.
ours did but we fixed it in like a day, mind you we have less financial support then XMR and a smaller dev team, we also built the ring signatures from scratch, first of it's kind on bitcoin base!
So in my opinion since we have less funding smaller dev team and we built from scratch unlike XMR who cloned bytecoin overlooking the bug was excusable and thats why i continued to support the project.
The bug is now old news so unless you can find another please keep your fowl language to yourself little boy.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:17:00 AM

ours did but we fixed it in like a day, mind you we have less financial support then XMR and a smaller dev team, we also built the ring signatures from scratch, first of it's kind on bitcoin base!
So in my opinion since we have less funding smaller dev team and we built from scratch unlike XMR who cloned bytecoin overlooking the bug was excusable and thats why i continued to support the project.
The bug is now old news so unless you can find another please keep your fowl language to yourself little boy.

Like bad cryptography, acronyms, can be spun into something they're not by chimerical minds--so take the same skill set you applied to SDC's sloppy handling of ring signatures and apply it to the F in STFU.

dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:19:17 AM

Like bad cryptography, acronyms, can be spun into something they're not by chimerical minds--so take the same skill set you applied to SDC's sloppy handling of ring signatures and apply it to the F in STFU.
You make no sense, run along and play before you hyperventilate and pass out.
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:21:12 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 08:22:45 AM by dadon

So...who likes my chart  Shocked wow much green Shocked

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:26:32 AM

You make no sense, run along and play before you hyperventilate and pass out.

I don't make sense? You're the one shilling a shitcoin, but have "XMR the next bitcoin?" as the thread's title. Marketing by comparison doesn't work by comparing your competition to the market leader first. But I'm sure you know that putting SDC in the title is a quick road to Nowheresville ;p

dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:30:45 AM

well get the fuck out of my thread then i don't remember inviting you shit for brains.
windale

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:34:19 AM

until now never altcoin replace and take over position bitcoin
all altcoin need bitcoin to exchange in fiat money

requirement altcoin to replace and take over bitcoin
must all exchanger accepted monero pair fiat mone, same with bitcoin
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:39:13 AM

No coin will take Bitcoins IMO It will become the reserve currency of cryptographic currencies, digital gold and other more user friendly crypto currencies will be used for online shopping,day to day transactions etc.
dinofelis

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:39:35 AM

So monero should of just remained a pure byte coin clone and not made any improvements as they have(small)?

Monero is an experiment in anonymity transactions.  It is part of monero culture to have regular hard forks.  So monero is not a true "block chain" yet, but tries out anon technology.  As a currency, that's more than good enough, because currencies have only to keep value relatively short term.  
The nice thing about monero evolution is that it are hard forks, so if you want to, you can always keep the old chain alive if you want to.
But yes, if one day, the monero team decided to quit, at that point, monero would become a genuine block chain with an immutable protocol.  For the moment, I guess that improving anon tech is more important than immutability in the long run.  This is also why I wouldn't like the market cap of monero to go too high, and the recent rise can be problematic.  Hopefully, monero's market cap goes down somewhat, for it not to interfere with the development and evolution.
On the other hand, in order to really be used as a currency, it needs to have SOME appreciable market cap, in order to support sufficient transactions of value.
Crypto has to be tested real-world.  Hopefully the FBI tries to crack it.  If it survives, that's good news for crypto.  If it breaks, better find out now and mitigate (or give up).
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:50:27 AM

Monero is an experiment in anonymity transactions.  It is part of monero culture to have regular hard forks.  So monero is not a true "block chain" yet, but tries out anon technology.  As a currency, that's more than good enough, because currencies have only to keep value relatively short term.  
The nice thing about monero evolution is that it are hard forks, so if you want to, you can always keep the old chain alive if you want to.
But yes, if one day, the monero team decided to quit, at that point, monero would become a genuine block chain with an immutable protocol.  For the moment, I guess that improving anon tech is more important than immutability in the long run.  This is also why I wouldn't like the market cap of monero to go too high, and the recent rise can be problematic.  Hopefully, monero's market cap goes down somewhat, for it not to interfere with the development and evolution.
On the other hand, in order to really be used as a currency, it needs to have SOME appreciable market cap, in order to support sufficient transactions of value.
Crypto has to be tested real-world.  Hopefully the FBI tries to crack it.  If it survives, that's good news for crypto.  If it breaks, better find out now and mitigate (or give up).

I agree with all that +1 interesting and insightful points this is all just an experiment, i believe BTC is too big now and thats why it will take a back seat eventually as a reserve currency as more efficent tech arrises or it could die altogether because POW isn't viable longterm with the cost of mining IMO but it's still possible that a coin like Monero Or Shadowcash couldn't catch a Niche market and hold it even a small percentage of DM transactions going into  either coins instead of only Bitcoin could have dramatic effects on price.
That means there is plenty of room for more then one to be successful, but, i see the death of Centralised markets in the near future they are unsustainable, they can be dismantled internally or externally quickly, and people can lose money to easily or worse.
So i lean towards SDC grabbing a larger % quicker then XMR in the long run because decentralised markets will replace centralised and Shadow is building the best.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:56:54 AM

I agree with all that +1 interesting and insightful points this is all just an experiment, i believe BTC is too big now and thats why it will take a back seat eventually as a reserve currency as more efficent tech arrises or it could die altogether because POW isn't viable longterm with the cost of mining IMO but it's still possible that a coin like Monero Or Shadowcash couldn't catch a Niche market and hold it even a small percentage of DM transactions going into  either coins instead of only Bitcoin could have dramatic effects on price.
That means there is plenty of room for more then one to be successful, but, i see the death of Centralised markets in the near future they are unsustainable, they can be dismantled internally or externally quickly, and people can lose money to easily or worse.
So i lean towards SDC grabbing a larger % quicker then XMR in the long run because decentralised markets will replace centralised and Shadow is building the best.

Who should trust a coin that did not do its crypthography right the first time... who says you don´t fuck up some critical stuff in the decentral market too? And also saying that Monero "had this bug" to is a comparison like in the kindergarten... you said it yourself NOT ON THE MAINNET! ... what you think a testnet is for?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: