View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:42:20 AM

Gekko sidehack stick? You're wasting your time though, they're toys. Not really ROI-able. I like mine, but its not something i'd(or could use) use to steal electricity from work and make money.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:46:42 AM

Gekko sidehack stick? You're wasting your time though, they're toys. Not really ROI-able. I like mine, but its not something i'd(or could use) use to steal electricity from work and make money.

I've seen some people claiming that you could potentially mine 2 PPC blocks a year with a sidehack stick, making it borderline efficient...
That being said, i have one laying around, havent plugged it in in months because i could run it profitably with my energy rate.

I think the main question you have to ask yourself is: is it worth risking your job to mine a couple bucks worth of BTC (or PPC) a month?

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:52:17 AM

How about miners that have wifi built in?  I don't need to install this thing at my desk necessarily...

Also - I'm not planning on stealing electricity.  Our Company gets a fairly significant discount on kW.

Well... If you're not stealing, you could potentially just do the math...
Look for deals on the forum, see how much the hardware would cost (include import tax and shipping), puch in the miner's specs and cost in the coinwarz calculator:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator  

Add about 20% to the current diff, just to be sure, and see if you'd roi in 6 months... If you have the hardware payed back in 6 months, i would go for it, if not, i wouldn't even consider starting.

This being said: you'll need dozens of sidehack compac's to even start mining, if you run just one, it'll take you months before you have enough satoshi's to ask for a withdrawal.

I've done the math for a single compac, running at 16 Gh 24/7 at diff + 20% without any power cost, hw cost or pool fee:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=16&p=0&pc=0.0&pf=0.00&d=270999446615.46000000&r=12.50000000&er=620.72590000&hc=0.00

This basically means that if you're paying more than $1.5 for a compaq, i personally believe you shouldn't have bought one.

I really like compac sticks, but i see them as more of a learning tool, or as a way for a private individual to help secure the network (even in a tiny way), and not as a means to make money...

I've seen some people selling old S1-S5's for very reasonable rates... Those things could actually ROI on free electricity, but they're big and loud.
For example, and S5 running at 1155 Ghs, could potentially mine around $240 a year (if the diff doesn't rise to much, and the btc price remains steady)
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=1155&p=0.00&pc=0.00&pf=0.00&d=270999446615.46000000&r=12.50000000&er=620.72590000&hc=0.00

I think it would be possible to pay around $150 for one, and make a profit... Albeit, you defenately don't want to run one in the office Wink

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:56:31 PM

You will probably make more just CPU mining ETH with your office computer then with that stick... or XMR

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:40:53 AM

heh I have one usb miner, 333mhs blockerupter on solo ckpool.  Hey 1 chance out of billions every 10 minutes is a chance right ?
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 03:37:59 AM

I want to run some USB miners at my work.
Big miners will draw attention.  Baby ones, not so much.

Ideas?  Smiley

what do you want to mining? sha-256 or scrypt or else? because if you want to mining sha-256 especially mining bitcoin, i think it would not give you a profit, better to mining scrypt or ethereum and you should think about electricity fee. and i think you don't want to mining with USB miners at your work, because you only get small for the hashrate and its not a good choice for you. buy some middle hardware for mining eth like new computer with vga.
kanazawa

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:35:46 PM

Brother, even if you have the antminer U3 you can earn a penny in a month. I little out of USB mining "world" but I don't know if there is any other miner with more power than that. The thing is... The less you can earn something with little mining is using some S3+ in a free electricity plug because even with 1Th/s (what is almost nothing today)  your profit will be zero.

Today mining is for those who are in the ring since long time. I sold lotta spondoolies and Antminers in 2014/15 and I feel weak with a room full of S9 with natural cooling. The fight is hard. No pain, no gain.

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:13:48 PM

heh I have one usb miner, 333mhs blockerupter on solo ckpool.  Hey 1 chance out of billions every 10 minutes is a chance right ?
Might be better off selling it and buying 10 lotto tickets.

wheres the fun in that Sad
jlh52203

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 11:11:00 PM

I have 8 - 333mhz ASIC miners.  Connected to a Rpi-3.  I run bfgminer, which connects to slushpool, and then to CoineBase for my stash.  I've got all kinds of things pointed at coinbase.  Tablet app, Phone App, Windows 10 app, they each pile on 2500stshi per 1/2 hour.  Pennies. 

I do have an 8ghz ASIC on order... I can't wait to see what it does to my pool. 

News next week

JLH
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:37:24 AM

How about miners that have wifi built in?  I don't need to install this thing at my desk necessarily...

Also - I'm not planning on stealing electricity.  Our Company gets a fairly significant discount on kW.

Your post above makes it sound different.  If it is your company it would not really matter if noticed.... as you would have proper premission and no reason to hide

I want to run some USB miners at my work.
Big miners will draw attention.  Baby ones, not so much.

And it could be just wrong words you used but it sounds like trying to hide, which for a owner does not make sense.  This could be a moot point as at this time you can use USB stick miners for fun, but you are not going to get a profit.  They are fun to play with but it is the bigger miner's that stand a chance at ROI, all depends on electricity.

So full size unit is what I would go for assuming you have proper permission.  Some are quieter then others we really need to know electricity price to know what is viable option for you.
Wilhelmus

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:05:52 PM

Maybe if you buy it using fiat money, and wait longer enough, you would make some money but you'll need motivation to don't touch the money so long !
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:58:07 PM

No real stickminers go up too high, and in terms of hashrate, the gekkoscience compac is the best you'll get, like many others before me have said. The main reason is that USBs can't use much electricity and therefore don't create much hashrate with the little power that is usable, and second, the usb miner market has shrunk so much that it's not worth producing(at least what companies like bitmain and Avalon think).

If you're looking for just a quiet miner, the Antminer S3 can do. it's not terribly efficient, but it's quiet and pretty fast. The U3 is also an option if you're looking for even more compact machines. Otherwise, the USB market isn't looking good at all and i'd be surprised if any more from a manufacturer will ever be released.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:38:56 PM

No real stickminers go up too high, and in terms of hashrate, the gekkoscience compac is the best you'll get, like many others before me have said. The main reason is that USBs can't use much electricity and therefore don't create much hashrate with the little power that is usable, and second, the usb miner market has shrunk so much that it's not worth producing(at least what companies like bitmain and Avalon think).

If you're looking for just a quiet miner, the Antminer S3 can do. it's not terribly efficient, but it's quiet and pretty fast. The U3 is also an option if you're looking for even more compact machines. Otherwise, the USB market isn't looking good at all and i'd be surprised if any more from a manufacturer will ever be released.

It's not the USB miner market that has shrunk...it's the AVAILABILITY of ASIC chips to MAKE miners has shrunk  Roll Eyes

ASIC makers are keeping the shovels for themselves  Sad

Go GPU mining,takes awhile to ROI if your not up on the altcoins,but it makes more BTC with less power,for me at least  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:05:21 AM

I don't know if you should risk mining bitcoins at work that is usually a direct violation of many employers rules at least it is here in the United States. The risk reward isn't really to favorable, a few dollars a month in bitcoin or getting disciplined/fired from your job, i don't know I wouldn't risk it lol
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 04:43:58 PM

It's not the USB miner market that has shrunk...it's the AVAILABILITY of ASIC chips to MAKE miners has shrunk  Roll Eyes

ASIC makers are keeping the shovels for themselves  Sad

Go GPU mining,takes awhile to ROI if your not up on the altcoins,but it makes more BTC with less power,for me at least  Wink
Besides that, stickminers also don't generally sell as well as full miners in most cases; i'm sure that's one of the variables that lead to this. Hopefully there'll be more in the future, stickminers have always been great things to toy around with. GPU mining ROI is relatively quick and offers a good resell price; it's an okay idea to try gpu mining if you already haven't. Used GPUS also make great gaming rigs if you decide not to use the gpus anymore, that's what I did with my old rig. Smiley
Daisy14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:13:55 AM

I am not sure you can do GPU mining at the office without incurring additional cooling costs, however small that may be.
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:07:48 AM

I am not sure you can do GPU mining at the office without incurring additional cooling costs, however small that may be.

Yeah and depending on where you work you will get fired for that.  Large corporations don't like utilizing company machines for potentially illegal activity and making profits off their equipment.  Also you will only make pennies a month so its really pointless if you ask me lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: