Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burst Power Network [Pre-Announcement]  (Read 1675 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:17:33 AM

This is the first announcement of our newest service that will be available very soon.  For those of you that are not familiar with Burst coin, you can check out their thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0

I believe that is their newest thread.  The concept is simple....it is POC or Proof of Capacity

to compare with other concepts via a normal PC

POW is Proof of Work, your PC is rewarded for "working", solving the hash.

POS is Proof of Stake, your are paid for maintaining a balance, much like interest

There are others, but POC or Proof of Concept uses your drive space for reward payments, per se.  Simplified, you "plot" your HDD space, and then use that space to "mine" coins. This is done solo or pooled, as many other types of payments.

Now, our service, we will be buying 1 TB hard drives and blocking them into the PC's in batches, not networking, simple blocks of 8 HDD's in a cooled case, outside each controlling PC, plus the small HDD inside the PC.  Plotting is done first and through one power PC that has more RAM and GPU, then each drive is removed and blocked to a smaller PC, still 8 drives each and those are used to pool mine.  Unlike many other mining types, there is a staggering difference when these are pooled in the home or office.  For most pools, you cannot even hit the board with less than a TB of space used and each GB increases your spot on that "leader" board.  The service is the rental of mining power from a single TB drive month to month at $10 per TB.  This price may change, we are still working the bugs out.  Unlike cloud mining, these combined TB's increase the payouts a lot.  Whether a cloud mining site is real or not, the pooled resources do not show that much of a marked increase, most likely because they are not really mining, either way the difference between 100 MH/s and 200 MH/s is not that great for a Scrypt coin.

Each and every rental increases the payout for each other person.  Can we assure you that you will profit? No. Nothing will ever be that simple with Crypto. I can say that a single 1 TB drive, mining by itself has a fair to decent chance of hitting a $10 bill in a month, if not, it gets close.  However, 2 1 TB drives, working together have a very good chance of hitting $20 or more in the current environment.  Each drive puts it closer and closer to making a profit. 

We are working from a solar powered office, plus the only real power that is consumed is during the plotting process, the mining is much less than plotting and very much less than mining Scrypt or SHA-256 or other.  Anyone that wants to pre-order can do so at $7.50 per TB.  No matter what, we are purposely taking a full week to prepare each drive/account and that week does not count as part of your month's rental. We plot the drives slowly, in one file lump and then verify the work.  Refunds are considered, but as we begin we restrict people to wait out the entire first month before getting a refund.  This gives us and the POC concept a chance to prove that this can happen.  We have yet to decide whether the funds will be held in Burst the entire time or converted to BTC.  Anyone that wants their payouts in BTC, that is fine, but the cold and hot wallets may be kept in Burst, we are not positive. 

We will be flushing this ANN out over the next few days, fielding questions and taking suggestions.  Please no power attacks, if you do not trust the system or us or whatever, feel free to express that once and once only.  Leave room for people that want to take part to ask questions and move forward.  Either way, definitely check out Burst coin and the concept, it is not ours and we are not affiliated, just doing our part.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBus

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Crypto is life !

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 05:24:04 AM

Can use burstcoin as payment ?
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:29:00 AM

Can use burstcoin as payment ?

I see no reason why not, we are, even right now carrying a balance of Burst.  Technically, any of our services could be purchased using pretty much any of the big coins.  We will have a BTC rate, Burst rate, LTC rate, Doge and maybe another.  Anyone that really wants to use the service, or any service we offer and has a coin that has value, is on an exchange and can be traded almost immediately is welcome to let us know and we will work out the business part.  

Edit......I would like to see those taking part be able to pay each new month from the mined funds of the previous month, easy to handle, no TX fees, lol.
bandarfjb

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:45:50 AM

It is quite interesting for me who are new to Burst mining, please keep update about the project and I'll sure this will help the decentralization of Burst.

morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:49:05 AM

It is quite interesting for me who are new to Burst mining, please keep update about the project and I'll sure this will help the decentralization of Burst.

As far as I have seen, this is the only current coin of its kind.  There is Storj, but that is a different concept.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:57:42 AM

I have heard about burst coin 1 year ago, but i still not try to mining it. Because i just use laptop and doubt to trying mining it, am i can mining burst coin using laptop? Of course i have big capasity of harddrive?
 Thank you for answers.
Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:00:44 AM

I have heard about burst coin 1 year ago, but i still not try to mining it. Because i just use laptop and doubt to trying mining it, am i can mining burst coin using laptop? Of course i have big capasity of harddrive?
 Thank you for answers.

Anyone can mine Burst, even with a laptop. Check out the main Burst forum for instructions: https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/165/videos-step-by-step-video-guides-how-to-mine-burstcoins. If you encounter problems, just ask in that forum and you will get help from fellow Bursters.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:16:24 AM

Thank you for answers.

Anyone can mine Burst, even with a laptop. Check out the main Burst forum for instructions: https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/165/videos-step-by-step-video-guides-how-to-mine-burstcoins. If you encounter problems, just ask in that forum and you will get help from fellow Bursters.

This is true, the part that uses the processor the most is the plotting, so that might take time.  But, you can literally move that "plot" around from drive to drive.  For the TB drives that we will be using, this doesn't make sense, as the time it takes to move it is just wasted.  However, even though you can move the plot from one place to another, copying it makes no sense unless the two copies are not mining at the same time.  I am not sure if someone could cheat using this system and mine the same plot from two different locations, but it is basically stupid.  But, if you have a friend that has a power PC, you can use his PC to plot say a 200 GB plot, and then move that plot to your laptop and you might save a very small amount of time.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:36:07 PM

Small update, but one that will make the entire project much easier to start and handle.  I was half asleep last night when it hit me.  The way to put all of this online is simple, OpenVZ and WHMCS.  For those that don't know, OpenVZ is the back-end of VPS rental.  I have not touched it in some time, but I am sure it has not changed much.  A new order for a VPS sends the command to OpenVZ to set aside X hard drive space and place a file template there.  Normally this template is an OS, like Ubuntu, but I want to modify that to setting aside a small amount, something like 10 MB and the file template will be nothing more than a few placeholder files with the clients username and a few details.

WHMCS is the billing portion and a little tinkering and it will rent out 1 package, the 1 TB mining rental and handle the monthly accounting.  The clients Burst public address, or a sub-alias of ours will be added to the database listing for each client and since we are starting with one 1 TB package, the payouts are simple division of the overall mining payouts for the business hot wallet. 

SolusVM is used with VPS rentals to control OpenVZ, but I don't think that there is a need for that, perhaps the admin end to delete clients.  With very little code tinkering and about thirty minutes of back-end website work, the whole system would be ready to go.

There is even a free and open source version of WHMCS out there if I remember correctly.  All of this is much better than writing the site from scratch, even better than using a Wordpress site and modding it.  The only thing to look closely at are the network, user and control changes that OpenVZ performs.  They could be ignored, since the files do not actually alter the TB drives, but I do not want to allow access to personal info of the clients without controlling it.

This is a pretty big break for the project.  It lowers the time to deploy and costs.  Plus, even though I know web development, I now feel better that a proven framework will be in place as opposed to something I write that may have security issues I don't see.
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:04:17 PM

Interesting project, hope you manage to pull it off.

Will be watching Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:07:45 PM

Will be watching Smiley

I wonder how to establish trust.  This could be called a version of cloud mining and that very term makes people cringe, lol.  Anyway, we won't know til we dive in.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 04:16:36 PM

Thank you for answers.

This is true, the part that uses the processor the most is the plotting, so that might take time.  But, you can literally move that "plot" around from drive to drive.  For the TB drives that we will be using, this doesn't make sense, as the time it takes to move it is just wasted.  However, even though you can move the plot from one place to another, copying it makes no sense unless the two copies are not mining at the same time.  I am not sure if someone could cheat using this system and mine the same plot from two different locations, but it is basically stupid.  But, if you have a friend that has a power PC, you can use his PC to plot say a 200 GB plot, and then move that plot to your laptop and you might save a very small amount of time.

But wouldn't different computers mine the same "plot" in a different way?  This is where it gets confusing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:32:21 PM

Thank you for answers.

But wouldn't different computers mine the same "plot" in a different way?  This is where it gets confusing.

Honestly, I am not sure.  I do not think so.  I am not positive what data is held in that "plot".  I do know that if you are mining and get disconnected, reconnect quickly and the same block is there, you get the exact same set of deadlines.  Honestly, though it takes about the same amount of time to plot a drive as to move move those big chunks.
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:44:45 PM

Small update, but one that will make the entire project much easier to start and handle.  I was half asleep last night when it hit me.  The way to put all of this online is simple, OpenVZ and WHMCS.  For those that don't know, OpenVZ is the back-end of VPS rental.  I have not touched it in some time, but I am sure it has not changed much.  A new order for a VPS sends the command to OpenVZ to set aside X hard drive space and place a file template there.  Normally this template is an OS, like Ubuntu, but I want to modify that to setting aside a small amount, something like 10 MB and the file template will be nothing more than a few placeholder files with the clients username and a few details.

WHMCS is the billing portion and a little tinkering and it will rent out 1 package, the 1 TB mining rental and handle the monthly accounting.  The clients Burst public address, or a sub-alias of ours will be added to the database listing for each client and since we are starting with one 1 TB package, the payouts are simple division of the overall mining payouts for the business hot wallet. 

SolusVM is used with VPS rentals to control OpenVZ, but I don't think that there is a need for that, perhaps the admin end to delete clients.  With very little code tinkering and about thirty minutes of back-end website work, the whole system would be ready to go.

There is even a free and open source version of WHMCS out there if I remember correctly.  All of this is much better than writing the site from scratch, even better than using a Wordpress site and modding it.  The only thing to look closely at are the network, user and control changes that OpenVZ performs.  They could be ignored, since the files do not actually alter the TB drives, but I do not want to allow access to personal info of the clients without controlling it.

This is a pretty big break for the project.  It lowers the time to deploy and costs.  Plus, even though I know web development, I now feel better that a proven framework will be in place as opposed to something I write that may have security issues I don't see.

That is actually very cool.  I wonder if, rather than not using the drive space allocation functions of OpenVZ for nearly nothing, if you could use it to put files on the plotted drives that refer to the clients.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:54:16 PM

That is actually very cool.  I wonder if, rather than not using the drive space allocation functions of OpenVZ for nearly nothing, if you could use it to put files on the plotted drives that refer to the clients.

that was my first thought.....i just don't want the software to take ownership of the drive is all
xizmax

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:58:42 PM

Will be watching Smiley

I wonder how to establish trust.  This could be called a version of cloud mining and that very term makes people cringe, lol.  Anyway, we won't know til we dive in.

You might wanna talk to Crowetic about that, he thought about establishing trust at great lengths.

AFAIK he still hasn't launched his cloud mining thingamajing Smiley

Some competition might be good for the both of you

xizmax

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:09:29 PM

Thank you for answers.

Honestly, I am not sure.  I do not think so.  I am not positive what data is held in that "plot".  I do know that if you are mining and get disconnected, reconnect quickly and the same block is there, you get the exact same set of deadlines.  Honestly, though it takes about the same amount of time to plot a drive as to move move those big chunks.

Well, first step would be to examine the flowchart found in the old BURST OP here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0 perhaps some things will be clearer then.

If you look closely at what data is used during mining you will find that all miners will mine the exact same set of deadlines for a given block height if they use the same plot to mine. This is what enables you to "move plots around".

2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:30:54 PM

I was looking at Burst last night and found that when plotting, there are files that are placed above the plotted folder.

morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:04:33 PM

I was looking at Burst last night and found that when plotting, there are files that are placed above the plotted folder.

for the most part, they are unnecessary.  they are the same files that are in the burst download.  you should download the uray miner......http://burstcoin.biz/download/11-uray-burst-miner-(win-x64)

a couple pointers....

1. If you use the wallet to make your plots, make sure that you are logged in under the same address that you will mine from.  Otherwise you will get an error when mining.  If you find that you have plots from another address, then simply rename the first portion with your numeric address.

2. Make sure you set the reward to the right pool and wait the 4 confirmations.  http://127.0.0.1:8125/rewardassignment.html there is no need to freak out about putting your passphrase in, the URL is your local wallet.  If it will not load, then start the wallet, wait 10 mins and try again.  Use the bottom part of the form, your passphrase and the address of the pool you are going to mine.  While you wait for the 4 confirmations, set up the conf file in the folder with the Uray miner you just d'led.  Just fill in the URL in the top part and check the port, usually 8124. Then update the paths to your plots.  This is a pain on some miners.  Use the "\" slash and not the other.  Also, do not put "http://" on the URL.

3. Once you have the 4 confirmation, hit the pool website and fire up Uray's miner.  You will see each plot get parsed and read.  You will see a series of deadlines, but these are not good yet.  The miner will submit the best dl, you will see a success message, but still not in there yet.  The last message you should see about a dl is the "Confirmed" line.  That means that the pool accepted your deadline.  Multiple deadlines may be accepted and you will rank and be rewarded based on your best.

Here's the trick.  There are three states to getting paid.  First you mined a deadline into the pool.  The constantly updating box accepted it, you see your address and two numbers.  The first can be your payout, but wait.  Next block comes along, you submit new deadline and accepted.  After a couple blocks, the "All Round" box should show you and two numbers.  The first is, again, a potential payout.  BUT, these pools are not paying by the shift!  The one I use pays every 100 blocks or another criteria.  If I mine blocks 1 -90 and then stop mining, on block 90 my payout share may be listed as 200, but with each round that I am not there, it drops, a lot.  You are getting paid for your shares of the overall pie.  Like I said, the site I use it is 100 blocks.  You can come in late and do ok, but if you leave your numbers start dropping.  This is why it is bad to pool jump.  Start mining and stay there until the payout at least.  It looks complex and can be, but it is not that bad.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:03:33 AM

This is simply a stage 1 preliminary road map.  More for us to keep a visual track record and to have it archived here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: