Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian local board  (Read 5082 times)
konovalets (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:13:05 PM

Is it allowed to have several language topics in "Other languages" section? For example one topic for markets, one topic for news and one general topic?
No, you should not do that. All the discussion should be taking place within the singular thread until such time has come where there's a need for a separate section. Then, and only then will you be able to create multiple threads about differentiating topics in that language.

Thank you for explanation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yubit

Activity: 796
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:10:20 PM

Moderators,

please create separate section for Ukrainian language in Bitcoin Forum > Local

Then community will available to create different threads and child boards

We need it

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 09:47:11 PM

Moderators,

We need it
It was already explained, several times and by several members,  why that isn't true and that it's not likely going to happen. Have you even read a single post in this thread? I highly doubt that you did.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MadeInUkraine

Activity: 396
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:38:05 PM

Yes, I need Ukrainian local board

█████▄▄██████████▄▄█████
███▄████████████████▄███
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
    Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
    Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
  · Anonymity by CryptoNote
· Zero premine & instamine
· Low transaction fee
konovalets (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:59:17 AM

Moderators,

We need it
It was already explained, several times and by several members,  why that isn't true and that it's not likely going to happen. Have you even read a single post in this thread? I highly doubt that you did.

As you see, there is a demand for Ukrainian local board, so if more activity in Ukrainian topic is the main requirement, so ok, I think I will be able to gather people together and you will see more activity within next month than in last two years.

So please don't be so skeptical about it. Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 06:12:36 AM

As you see, there is a demand for Ukrainian local board, so if more activity in Ukrainian topic is the main requirement, so ok, I think I will be able to gather people together and you will see more activity within next month than in last two years.
It is really hard to get a group of people to post "I need/want X" on Bitcointalk. This demand is still far from adequate and it doesn't justify a section. If you're able to activate the Ukrainian community first within the respective thread that they currently have, then it should work out in the near future.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
konovalets (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:20:06 AM

It is really hard to get a group of people to post "I need/want X" on Bitcointalk. This demand is still far from adequate and it doesn't justify a section. If you're able to activate the Ukrainian community first within the respective thread that they currently have, then it should work out in the near future.

Ok, I consider it won't be very hard. My senses talk me that critical mass is already there.
akhavr

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:56:43 AM

Discussion like the one going (very very slow) in the local thread up there.

That's exactly because there's no specific Ukrainian board, and it's hard to discuss several topics in a single thread.

And, yes, most of us speak Russian.  And when I reply in Ukrainian (or in English) on Russian board, I end being criticised and post - deleted.  You can guess what would happen if I'd reply in Ukrainian in English thread..

So, there's not enough activity in Ukrainian **exactly** because there's no place to have it.  And I'd much better to discuss cryptostuff in my native language than in English or Russian.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 11:07:50 PM

That's exactly because there's no specific Ukrainian board, and it's hard to discuss several topics in a single thread.
Tough? If you can get enough activity in your thread then you will be more likely to be given your own sub-forum. Not posting in your thread doesn't help matters whatsoever.

And when I reply in Ukrainian (or in English) on Russian board, I end being criticised and post - deleted.  You can guess what would happen if I'd reply in Ukrainian in English thread..
That's understandable. I wouldn't be allowed to post French in a Spanish thread, the same concept applies.

So, there's not enough activity in Ukrainian **exactly** because there's no place to have it.  And I'd much better to discuss cryptostuff in my native language than in English or Russian.
You have two options. You can post in the Ukrainian thread to generate activity to show you deserve a sub-board, or you can stay in the Russian/English boards and speak their respective languages.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:15:57 AM

there is a simple explanation to this: 100% of ukrainians understand and can speak russian
100% of russians understand ukrainian but not all of them can and want to speak ukrainian
historically it has always been same country (USSR),with the Soviet Union collapse,Ukraine got its independence in 1991
since that time the country gradually adopted anti-russian stance,with things starting to get worse in 2014 when the Crimea peninsula declared independance from Ukraine(preceeded by the coup-de-etat in the country,which saw the president got overthrown and fled)
Ukraine claims Russia ocupied part of its territory,Russia claims the referendum was according to the international law.

Low ukrainian thread activity was due to the fact that none in their right mind would cut their audience by using ukrainian instead of russian language,there was simply no need for that
nowadays some of the ukrainians refuse to communicate in russian because they think Russia is their worst enemy
it has nothing to do with cryptocurrency per se,just politicing in its best (or worst)

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
akhavr

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:39:55 AM

with things starting to get worse in 2014 when the Crimea peninsula declared independance from Ukraine

s/declared independance from Ukraine/Occupied by Russian special forces as said on TV by Russian Federation president Putin/

And **you're** bringing politics into this thread now.

Johann.Gesell

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 04:08:12 PM

Hello! I represent one more cryptocommunity in Ukraine and we are also going to ask to create Ukrainian board, cause here we have currently real growth. Thx to moders. Wink
konovalets (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:52:49 PM

there is a simple explanation to this: 100% of ukrainians understand and can speak russian

It's not really true. About 30-35% of Ukrainians can't speak Russian on comfortable level. And it's about 15 millions of people. And as you mentioned above some people started to refuse to communicate in Russian because of the war. Yes, it's politically motivated but it's their right to do so.
akhavr

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:41:13 AM

:shrug:  reported to mod

Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:08:32 PM

It's not really true. About 30-35% of Ukrainians can't speak Russian on comfortable level. And it's about 15 millions of people. And as you mentioned above some people started to refuse to communicate in Russian because of the war. Yes, it's politically motivated but it's their right to do so.

Can't or won't?
No point creating a special section for people that can use another if they want to. Politics is no reason what so ever
akhavr

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:44:37 AM

No point creating a special section for people that can use another if they want to. Politics is no reason what so ever

Sure, no point in having French section, since anyway, nearly all francophones can understand English, if they want to.

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:08:53 AM

Can't or won't?

Can't. If you go to the western part of Ukraine you will find out that 90% people don't speak russian and a lot of them don't understand it either. In central part it's 50/50. I think everybody understand but a lot of people use ukrainian in their daily life there. And even on the eastern part I know a lot of people  use ukrainain instead of russian. If you're really interested in this I can give you couple of examples, but it's off-topic, you know.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:15:10 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 01:25:10 PM by deisik

Can't or won't?

Can't. If you go to the western part of Ukraine you will find out that 90% people don't speak russian and a lot of them don't understand it either. In central part it's 50/50. I think everybody understand but a lot of people use ukrainian in their daily life there. And even on the eastern part I know a lot of people  use ukrainain instead of russian. If you're really interested in this I can give you couple of examples, but it's off-topic, you know

Even if they can't speak or at least understand Russian (which is highly dubious, to tell the truth, since Ukrainian is closer to Russian than London's cockney to the Queen's English), they should have started to learn it by now. Alternatively, they should have started learning Polish, English, German, whatever. Personally, I don't think that the Ukrainian board here would have a lot of popularity apart from among a few committed Ukrainian nationalists (who would still end up using Russian between themselves). But that would be a total disgrace to the forum in particular and humanity in general...

No incitement of inter-ethnic discord has been intended when writing this post

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:35:45 PM

Can't or won't?

Can't. If you go to the western part of Ukraine you will find out that 90% people don't speak russian and a lot of them don't understand it either. In central part it's 50/50. I think everybody understand but a lot of people use ukrainian in their daily life there. And even on the eastern part I know a lot of people  use ukrainain instead of russian. If you're really interested in this I can give you couple of examples, but it's off-topic, you know

Even if they can't speak or at least understand Russian (which is highly dubious, to tell the truth, since Ukrainian is closer to Russian than London's cockney to the Queen's English), they should have started to learn it by now.  Alternatively, they should have started learning Polish, English, German, whatever. Personally, I don't think that the Ukrainian board here would have a lot of popularity apart from a few committed Ukrainian nationalists. But that would be a total disgrace to the forum in particular and humanity in general...

No incitement of inter-ethnic discord has been intended when writing this post

Um, if you're talking about future then I believe it's a dumb move to learn Russian because Russia obviously become China within several next decades. So it's better to learn Chinese. But it doesn't matter in this topic. I hope moderators will take care about such irrelevant posts here.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:03:00 PM

Sure, no point in having French section, since anyway, nearly all francophones can understand English, if they want to.

To be hones I agree. For example, I have never seen any reason for having my part of the world. Scandinavia as its own sub forum since everyone understand English
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: