Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian local board  (Read 5082 times)
akhavr

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:08:34 AM

since everyone understand English

Not the case for Ukraine.

And hate speech from Russian-speaking people just confirm the need for the Ukrainian local board, since **every** thread with Russians and Ukrainians will explode in flames, even on Meta subforum.

Just check few posts above, saying that there's no point in speaking Ukrainian, since everything will be Russia soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 11:43:53 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 01:57:01 PM by deisik

Even if they can't speak or at least understand Russian (which is highly dubious, to tell the truth, since Ukrainian is closer to Russian than London's cockney to the Queen's English), they should have started to learn it by now.  Alternatively, they should have started learning Polish, English, German, whatever. Personally, I don't think that the Ukrainian board here would have a lot of popularity apart from a few committed Ukrainian nationalists. But that would be a total disgrace to the forum in particular and humanity in general...

No incitement of inter-ethnic discord has been intended when writing this post

Um, if you're talking about future then I believe it's a dumb move to learn Russian because Russia obviously become China within several next decades. So it's better to learn Chinese. But it doesn't matter in this topic. I hope moderators will take care about such irrelevant posts here.

Nope, I didn't mean anything along these lines, and I wasn't talking about the future, either. What I referred to follows from the fact that many working-age Ukrainians are leaving Ukraine in search of work. Some go the EU countries, but the majority are still heading to Russia, not least due to the linguistic affinity between the languages, whether you like it or not. Obviously, no one would be particularly interested in learning the Ukrainian language to communicate with migrant workers in any of these countries. That's why I said that learning the languages of the accepting countries is of vital necessity for many Ukrainians right now...

Just in case, I don't see many Belorussians here complaining about the lack of the Belorussian board (tbh, I have yet to see any)

akhavr

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:53:20 AM

Some go the EU countries, but the majority are still heading to Russia,

False.

not least due to the linguistic affinity between the languages, whether you like it or not.

"The linguistic affinity" between Polish and Ukrainian is much larger than between Ukrainian and Russian.   Whether you  like it or not.

And, please, stop bringing politics into a meta-technical thread.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 01:33:41 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 03:04:27 PM by deisik

False.

You have to reconcile yourself with the facts, dude. I guess this paper published in June 2013 and financed by the EU (just in case) will cause a lot of pain down your ass. I don't know more recent data. On the other hand, I didn't make a thorough search either. But I don't think that figures did change much since then:

I've heard that a lot of young men have been hiding in Russia since conscription "waves" started in 2014

not least due to the linguistic affinity between the languages, whether you like it or not.

"The linguistic affinity" between Polish and Ukrainian is much larger than between Ukrainian and Russian.   Whether you  like it or not

I would find it rather strange that a language from one regional subgroup (i.e. East Slavic languages, including Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian) would have more in common with a language from another subgroup (i.e. West Slavic languages, including Polish and Slovak). In any case, the Polish board is already here, so you should have no problem posting there, right? But I didn't find even a single post of yours in that board and quite a lot in the Russian one, lol. Still wanna talk about mutual intelligibility between the languages, or lack thereof?

And, please, stop bringing politics into a meta-technical thread.

No one talks about politics here except you and your buddy

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 01:40:53 PM

I remember we Filipinos suggested to have our own section as well and it took almost a year before we've been approved. Maybe when they saw that our thread shows up every minute and so they figure there are lots of us here in the forum already.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:23:49 PM

since everyone understand English

Not the case for Ukraine.

And hate speech from Russian-speaking people just confirm the need for the Ukrainian local board, since **every** thread with Russians and Ukrainians will explode in flames, even on Meta subforum.

Just check few posts above, saying that there's no point in speaking Ukrainian, since everything will be Russia soon.

To be honest I think that BS.
I live in Germany half of the year.
many of them had Russian in school instead of English
Are you telling me that Ukraina have no second language in school?

Edit. Dont start threads with I'm from Ukraina and proud of it.. And you will be fine. No one will ever know you are from Ukraina
konovalets (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:13:53 AM

False.

You have to reconcile yourself with the facts, dude. I guess this paper published in June 2013 and financed by the EU (just in case) will cause a lot of pain down your ass. I don't know more recent data. On the other hand, I didn't make a thorough search either. But I don't think that figures did change much since then:

Sorry man, but it's not about language affinity. It's about visas and work permits. It was much easier to get work permit in Russia than in EU for Ukrainians and it still does. But last two years things started to change, Poland gave about 1 million work permits to Ukrainians in 2015. So, no pain.

But it doesn't matter in this thread. You can learn whatever language you want, don't tell other people what to do.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 08:42:18 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 09:30:38 AM by deisik

Sorry man, but it's not about language affinity. It's about visas and work permits. It was much easier to get work permit in Russia than in EU for Ukrainians and it still does. But last two years things started to change, Poland gave about 1 million work permits to Ukrainians in 2015. So, no pain

Then more power to you. The Polish board is already available, so, I assume, you can safely start posting there, all the while the Ukrainian board is not a priority. That would be quite logical, since Ukrainian is closer to Polish than to Russian, right? You might even want to substitute Roman letters for Cyrillic script to get even closer than that...

Personally, I would be happy to see you and your buddy posting in that board

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:31:50 AM

Sorry man, but it's not about language affinity. It's about visas and work permits. It was much easier to get work permit in Russia than in EU for Ukrainians and it still does. But last two years things started to change, Poland gave about 1 million work permits to Ukrainians in 2015. So, no pain

Then more power to you. The Polish board is already available, so, I assume, you can safely start posting there, all the while the Ukrainian board is not a priority. That would be quite logical, since Ukrainian is closer to Polish than to Russian, right? You might even want to substitute Roman letters for Cyrillic script to get even closer than that...

Sorry man, but your logic is very weak. There are around 2 million polacks in UK and Ireland, but Polish board is here. Think about it when you will have some time. Smiley
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 09:26:28 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 04:22:58 PM by deisik

Sorry man, but your logic is very weak. There are around 2 million polacks in UK and Ireland, but Polish board is here. Think about it when you will have some time. Smiley

Should I assume that the next thing you are going to say would be a claim that English and Irish on one side and Polish on the other are mutually intelligible? This is what follows from your words. But since the Polish board is already present here as you yourself seem to confirm, we can safely assume that this not the case. On the other hand, you yourself said that a lot of Ukrainians working in Russia today is due to the ease of getting worker visas, and not because of the similarities between the two languages, right? In this way, you have essentially stuck yourself between the upper and the nether millstone. When I say that Ukrainians understand Russian perfectly (and this is one of the reasons why the Ukrainian board is not a priority), you start claiming that it is not so, and that Ukrainian is closer to Polish than to Russian. If you're okay with that, I see no reason why you should have any problem posting in the Polish thread then...

But I didn't see even a single post of yours there, while your buddy is actively posting in the Russian board at that

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:36:35 PM

Should I assume that the next thing you are going to say would be a claim that English and Irish on one side and Polish on the other are mutually intelligible? This is what follows from your words.

No, it doesn't. My point is that these things (language affinity and country of work migration) do not depend on each other. So all your next considerations are wrong.

When I say that Ukrainians perfectly well understand Russian (and this is one of the reasons why the Ukrainian board is not a priority)

This is wrong too. Even if a lot of Ukrainians understand Russian it doesn't mean that Ukrainian board is not a priority. It's obvious, isn't it?

, you start claiming that it is not so, and that Ukrainian is closer to Polish than to Russian. If you're okay with that, I see no reason why you should have any problem posting in the Polish thread then...

But I didn't see even a single post of yours there, while your buddy is actively posting in the Russian board at that

Please read carefully, I've never claimed such thing in this topic.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 07:18:01 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 07:34:16 PM by deisik

Should I assume that the next thing you are going to say would be a claim that English and Irish on one side and Polish on the other are mutually intelligible? This is what follows from your words.

No, it doesn't. My point is that these things (language affinity and country of work migration) do not depend on each other. So all your next considerations are wrong

I suspect that when selecting between two migrant workers otherwise identical in their professional skills and abilities the absolute majority of employers will choose the one who doesn't need an interpreter. But you may, of course, choose to disagree...

And start to claim that Earth is flat and Elvis still alive

When I say that Ukrainians perfectly well understand Russian (and this is one of the reasons why the Ukrainian board is not a priority)

This is wrong too. Even if a lot of Ukrainians understand Russian it doesn't mean that Ukrainian board is not a priority. It's obvious, isn't it?

It is obvious that the Ukrainian board is not a priority. You may rationalize that fact whichever way you like

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 09:29:31 AM

I suspect that when selecting between two migrant workers otherwise identical in their professional skills and abilities the absolute majority of employers will choose the one who doesn't need an interpreter. But you may, of course, choose to disagree...

And start to claim that Earth is flat and Elvis still alive

Sorry man, you still didn't get it. Those polacks know English of course, but in their daily life they use Polish and it's their right to do so.

It is obvious that the Ukrainian board is not a priority. You may rationalize that fact whichever way you like

As I told you before, your logic is very weak. But it's not a surprise as I see you are russian imperialist and shovinist:

Moжeт ли быть Beликaя Пoльшa oт мopя дo мopя? B cocтaвe Poccийcкoй импepии - xoть oт oкeaнa дo oкeaнa... Grin (c) deisik
Could it be the Great Poland from sea to sea? As part of the Russian Empire - even from ocean to ocean ... Grin (c) deisik Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113838.msg6208481#msg6208481

It seems that you are total disgrace to the forum in particular and humanity in general.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 10:24:51 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 10:45:20 AM by deisik

As I told you before, your logic is very weak. But it's not a surprise as I see you are russian imperialist and shovinist:

Moжeт ли быть Beликaя Пoльшa oт мopя дo мopя? B cocтaвe Poccийcкoй импepии - xoть oт oкeaнa дo oкeaнa... Grin (c) deisik
Could it be the Great Poland from sea to sea? As part of the Russian Empire - even from ocean to ocean ... Grin (c) deisik Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113838.msg6208481#msg6208481

It seems that you are total disgrace to the forum in particular and humanity in general.

Dude, this is not a politics thread, so you be advised to refrain from raising such topics here. Nevertheless, I guess you should first learn more about the concept of "Polska od morza do morza" ("Poland from Sea to Sea") before making personal attacks. I would like to ask the mods to lock this thread or move it to the Politics board, since it is evidently switching into the personal vendetta mode...

And then you claim that Ukrainians don't understand Russian

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:53:14 PM

Dude, this is not a politics thread, so you be advised to refrain from raising such topics here. Nevertheless, I guess you should first learn more about the concept of "Polska od morza do morza" ("Poland from Sea to Sea") before making personal attacks. I would like to ask the mods to lock this thread or move it to the Politics board, since it is evidently switching into the personal vendetta mode...

Of course it's not, but it was you who came here and started argue with very odd arguments. I've tried to explain you weakness of your logic in normal way, but now I see it was hopeless because you are obviously prejudiced.

I know about the concept of "Polska od morza do morza" much better than you do. Main question is about your support for such concepts. Your frankly wrote that you support it if Poland become part of Russian Empire. That's all we need to know about you in this topic, because in Russian Empire Ukrainian language was officially oppressed.

So, no vendetta, man. Your arguments just irrelevant, that's all.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 02:03:51 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 03:07:28 PM by deisik

Of course it's not, but it was you who came here and started argue with very odd arguments. I've tried to explain you weakness of your logic in normal way, but now I see it was hopeless because you are obviously prejudiced.

I know about the concept of "Polska od morza do morza" much better than you do. Main question is about your support for such concepts. Your frankly wrote that you support it if Poland become part of Russian Empire. That's all we need to know about you in this topic, because in Russian Empire Ukrainian language was officially oppressed

I highly doubt that. Because if you did, you would have known that the phrase you quoted as mine and even copyrighted as mine (which is rather strange per se since you try to make it look like Ukrainians don't understand Russian) is actually attributed to the emperor of Russia (and king of Poland, by the way), Alexander III. And, unlike you, I didn't call anyone personally imperialist or chauvinist here (let alone a "disgrace to humanity")...

You may want to think before you write what you think (which is telling, though)

konovalets (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:56:48 PM

I highly doubt that. Because if you did, you would have known that the phrase you quoted as mine and even copyrighted as mine (which is rather strange per se since you try to make it look like Ukrainians don't understand Russian) is actually attributed to the emperor of Russia (and king of Poland, by the way), Alexander III. And, unlike you, I didn't call anyone personally imperialist or chauvinist here (let alone a "disgrace to humanity")...

You may want to think before you write what you think (which is telling, though)

Man, you wrote what you wrote and it doesn't matter was it quotation or not.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 05:32:06 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 10:27:23 PM by deisik

Man, you wrote what you wrote and it doesn't matter was it quotation or not

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Poland took back a part of Ukraine on the right (west) bank of the Dnieper river. I have a strong inclination to think that they wouldn't mind either (remember, "Polska od morza do morza" is still on the agenda, while there is no more Russian Empire to kick some asses). And no, I don't mean that what's left should go to Russia, God forbid that. Since right now Ukraine looks more like a failing state being governed directly and financed through the IMF by Washington, DC...

In other words, no Ukraine, no Ukrainian local board, as simple as it could possibly get

lyubomyr

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:04:55 PM

It's a good idea, I need Ukrainian local board too
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:49:01 PM

I have no idea why a Russian votes against an Ukrainian board. Wink

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Poland took back a part of Ukraine on the right (west) bank of the Dnieper river. I have a strong inclination to think that they wouldn't mind either (remember, "Polska od morza do morza" is still on the agenda, while there is no more Russian Empire to kick some asses). And no, I don't mean that what's left should go to Russia, God forbid that. Since right now Ukraine looks more like a failing state being governed directly and financed through the IMF by Washington, DC...

In other words, no Ukraine, no Ukrainian local board, as simple as it could possibly get

I don't think there's much love between Poland and Ukraine after the massacres in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: