Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:20:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin  (Read 1063 times)
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 01:56:09 PM

litecoin is always slowly building support, we have been supporting it for ~10 months here http://satoshiroulette.com/?mode=LTC and it definitely has regular users.
You can also see that it is quite actively traded on BTC-e and vircurex.

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 03:14:02 PM

with that said, i'm personally not sold on the idea that ltc ever be as popular as btc.  like the btc wiki mentions, its unlikely ltc will be the "silver" version of btc because btc already esentially has something like since its divded until many decimals

As bitcoin mining makes the transition toward ASICs, litecoin can/will play the silver rôle for as long as it can be reasonably mined using CPU/GPU. I think there's a healthy market for both cryptocurrencies in the longer term.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:15:41 PM

I've come across this new crypto currency (litecoin), is anyone here purchasing these coins? What's the possibility that they increase in value, as now they are <$1 a coin. It seems as this may be something to invest in at the moment.

If so what is the equivalent of a Mt.Gox where we can purchase and store the coins?

Thanks

i would wait for a correction down to atleast .008 but after that i would say yes, litecoin is a great investment, probably better than bitcoin in my opinion.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tradsand

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:17:54 PM

Gui miner is best for ltcmining : http://www.mediafire.com/?uc529aice55na35
RAK3

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:18:38 PM

I'd also like an answer on the following question:

@doobadoo

You essentially saying that litecoins aren't decentralized? The concept of BTC being decentralized is what makes them so popular and attractive, this guy can just close shop any day and run with the prize.
kerodean

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

Ive had more success with my nvidia card with litecoins than with bitcoins  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: