Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bfl a scam?  (Read 6803 times)
xan_The_Dragon (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:43:15 AM

if anyone has any proof/evidence either way on whether or not bfl is a scam, id be interested since im thinking of ordering

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:46:49 AM

It's either an intentional scam or will end up being one because of the delusion/incompetence of the people running it.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:48:19 AM

People think it's a scam because their pre-orders haven't been delivered in almost a year; the date they say they'll ship has been pushed back and pushed back and nobody wants to put up with it anymore.

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:01:24 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:31:14 AM

If you pre-order it will be a scam.

If you don't pre-order, it will not be a scam.

Choose one.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:09:23 AM

Choose one.

Will the pre-order influence the outcome of the scam measurement?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Bitzing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:17:20 AM

Choose one.

Will the pre-order influence the outcome of the scam measurement?

No just the order will
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:36:08 AM

When a company provides refunds, then it's hardly a scam. Even a couple of my friends got bored of waiting and got their refunds approx 1 week ago.

They still have my money and I'm prepaired to wait 1 more month.

The few concerns I have about them:

- Bad management
- Bad communication
- Competition bashing, while they couldnt show progress
- Pre-orders should not be a way of funding a project

I believe when they started taking pre orders, they had little more than an idea only and maybe rough plans.

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:14:11 AM

When a company provides refunds, then it's hardly a scam. Even a couple of my friends got bored of waiting and got their refunds approx 1 week ago.

This is a very naive argument: a good scam will always accept to pay / refund customers as long as the benefits outweights the costs: they earn more by saving time and getting more orders than it costs to pay back unhappy customers, until the trends of orders vs withdrawals reverses.
Madoff has been paying interests and allowing withdrawals until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.
Mybitcoin has been working as a normal wallet, allowing payments and withdrawals, until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:19:29 PM

This is a very naive argument: a good scam will always accept to pay / refund customers as long as the benefits outweights the costs: they earn more by saving time and getting more orders than it costs to pay back unhappy customers, until the trends of orders vs withdrawals reverses.
Madoff has been paying interests and allowing withdrawals until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.
Mybitcoin has been working as a normal wallet, allowing payments and withdrawals, until the trend of deposits VS withdrawals reversed.

Even pirate paid for almost a year, brainwashing people into trolling his detractors.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 02:07:25 PM

BFL is at least showing somekind of progress now, and apparently Luke has one of the devices working & mining @ 14Ghash to finish BFGMiner.
Hopefully Luke will send us a video of the device soon Smiley

Next few weeks will likely be very revealing.
If you are worried, then wait until many people have posted receiving and pics/videos of their devices.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:00:03 PM

BFL is at least showing somekind of progress now, and apparently Luke has one of the devices working & mining @ 14Ghash to finish BFGMiner.

If you are worried, then wait until many people have posted receiving and pics/videos of their devices.

As long as there is no video about actual BFL device hashing there is no proof of any progress.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:09:46 PM

As long as there is no video about actual BFL device hashing there is no proof of any progress.

They've uploaded a video recenty and that supposed to be an ASIC
Pharaoh

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:14:04 PM

I don't think there is any proof that BFL is a scam, however there is no proof that BFL will deliver on any of their promises. Holding on to your BTC is a better investment.
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:23:47 PM

It really depends upon your definition of a scam.

If I offer you a trip to the moon for $30k that would be an incredible bargain.

If I take 1 million $30k deposits and spend the money trying to build a moon rocket with 4 seats on it, is it a scam?  

If I promise that trips will start next week, every week for a year, is it a scam? 

If I advertise on google that you can buy your trip to the moon for 30k and overlook telling you that there are 250,000 trips ahead of you is it a scam?
Pharaoh

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

Since nobody knows when/if BFL is going to ship and nobody knows how many "preorders" there are, buying into BFL now is crazy. If you bought it last year it might be worth the risk to see if they ship. However, if you buy today and you eventually receive a working unit the network difficulty might be so high you never see a return on your investment.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:53:58 PM

They promised me a product, a worst case delivery date, a refund rule and took my BTC. They missed the product spec, the date and did not pay the requested refund - it is a scam!

In addition they promised to pay 1000 BTC as charity donation if they miss the power goals. They admitted to miss the power goals but there is no sign of a 1000BTC payment as charity donation - it is a scam!
witherworth

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:58:37 PM

Since nobody knows when/if BFL is going to ship and nobody knows how many "preorders" there are, buying into BFL now is crazy. If you bought it last year it might be worth the risk to see if they ship. However, if you buy today and you eventually receive a working unit the network difficulty might be so high you never see a return on your investment.

This.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:25:11 PM

The Bitcoin community is so tolerant of being ripped off, that if BFL delivers a Pet Rock with a SHA-256 base64 encoded stenciled on it, then BFL would not be considered a scam. The rock draws no electricity, and generates exactly 1 hash. Thus it could be argued that its Mh/J is infinite (or undefined). The ROI is sketchy tho...

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:34:07 PM

They promised me a product, a worst case delivery date, a refund rule and took my BTC. They missed the product spec, the date and did not pay the requested refund - it is a scam!

In addition they promised to pay 1000 BTC as charity donation if they miss the power goals. They admitted to miss the power goals but there is no sign of a 1000BTC payment as charity donation - it is a scam!

Do you have documentation that your refund has been refused?  If so you should open a Scam accusation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: