Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: so are we allowed to post in investor based games anymore or not?  (Read 1276 times)
vigory (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:26:57 AM

So what, that is how a ponzi works, no?
It is, and it is fundamentally untrustworthy to take part in or promote because of that.

So I am punished for playing the game how it's supposed to be played?
You're punished for promoting and condoning a service that is untrustworthy. It is irrelevant whether this is by design.

I am not condoning ponzis outside that forum
Irrelevant. You are condoning a ponzi, regardless of where on the forum it is.
If I were to go to a carding forum and say how great it was, would that mean I should be trusted? No.

I am not encouraging fradulent behaviour
Ponzis are fraudulent as they will eventually steal from someone. That is a fact.

threads in that section are technically admitting to being a ponzi due to that is where they are posted, why would anyone not know it's a Ponzi if it's in the Ponzi section?
Because it isn't the 'Ponzi' board, it is the 'Investor-Based Games' board. Someone who is new to Bitcoin/doesn't understand English well may see a scheme there and believe it is legitimate. You saying 'this is great!' doesn't help this in any way, and further causes you to look untrustworthy.
lol you are so blind sided
I am playing the investor based game. Why is this board full of scams (there is no legit sites there from what I see) and yet I'm punished for playing them?
This forum allows these schemes clearly, that is why there is a board for them. So if it's allowed, then why are we punished for playing them.
I don't care if it's untrustworthy, I don't care if you think it's a scam, if it's paying me I will inform people it is paying me, and if it stops paying then I will inform people it is not paying
There is nothing wrong with that....
And if you think negative trust will clean this section, you will only have more of us in there saying these sites are legit even if we aren't playing them...making these newbies who don't speak english even more likely to lose their money. So your logic is stupid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 05:43:15 AM

how it can evolve into:
- New site is posted
- Members choose whether to support it or not
- Site evolves and lasts many cycles, many people get paid and make money
- Last people lose, but much less than all the people who gained

so you tell me, do you want ignorant people to keep on losing money from smart trickery of these scams or do you want less people to lose out and more people to gain?

Really? How do people lose less that others gain? Well I'll be damned. Sign me up to this magic money generating machine right now! </sarcasm>

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: