Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Silk Network: DarkSilk(DSLK) ICO  (Read 12459 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ErikW79

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:52:22 PM

Hi, I am going to watch this project and buy some coins. Good luck with development..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rapazev

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:24:03 PM

About running Stormnodes, because of changes made to the codebase, ports are not locked on Stormnodes. This means multiple Stormnodes can be ran on one IP address, thus reducing hosting costs. You are only limited by the amount of threads you can run on your CPU and how much RAM your computer has.
nice!
i didnt understood one thing, running a node will bring a 37.7% ROI right? but should i run multiple nodes or just one node with more than 1k dslk? this 37.7% only apply to 1k?
chenghe6489

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:29:21 PM

JOINED TEL.
Support you
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:44:51 PM

About running Stormnodes, because of changes made to the codebase, ports are not locked on Stormnodes. This means multiple Stormnodes can be ran on one IP address, thus reducing hosting costs. You are only limited by the amount of threads you can run on your CPU and how much RAM your computer has.
nice!
i didnt understood one thing, running a node will bring a 37.7% ROI right? but should i run multiple nodes or just one node with more than 1k dslk? this 37.7% only apply to 1k?

The ROI percentage will be at 37.7% at 500 Stormnodes. The higher the amount of nodes on the network the greater the decrease on ROI. At 1,600 nodes there would still be a ROI of about 11%. Each node will need 1,000 DSLK collateral. So if you want to run multiple nodes on your DarkSilk wallet you will need to multiply by 1,000 DSLK.
zenqie0263

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:46:16 PM

Cool Cool Cool 8)I was involved in 5 BTC, waiting to go to the moon. Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
rapazev

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:26:28 PM

nice!

The ROI percentage will be at 37.7% at 500 Stormnodes. The higher the amount of nodes on the network the greater the decrease on ROI. At 1,600 nodes there would still be a ROI of about 11%. Each node will need 1,000 DSLK collateral. So if you want to run multiple nodes on your DarkSilk wallet you will need to multiply by 1,000 DSLK.
i think you misundertood me.. to be more clear, if i have more than 1000dslk, should i run multiple nodes or just one with more than 1000? if i have 10k dslk in my node at 500 stormnodes, will i receive 37.7% of 1k silk (assuming a "fixed" payment per node) or i'll receive the full value (37.7% of 10k)?
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 03:14:12 PM

nice!

i think you misundertood me.. to be more clear, if i have more than 1000dslk, should i run multiple nodes or just one with more than 1000? if i have 10k dslk in my node at 500 stormnodes, will i receive 37.7% of 1k silk (assuming a "fixed" payment per node) or i'll receive the full value (37.7% of 10k)?

The collateral of the Stormnode is fixed at 1000DSLK.

If you add additional coins to the address 0 of the wallet, then the balance would not match the required collateral amount and your Stormnode would not start, let alone return an ROI.

Short answer, no.

If you had 10k DSLK, then make 10 Stormnodes.
rapazev

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:18:52 PM

The collateral of the Stormnode is fixed at 1000DSLK.

If you add additional coins to the address 0 of the wallet, then the balance would not match the required collateral amount and your Stormnode would not start, let alone return an ROI.

Short answer, no.

If you had 10k DSLK, then make 10 Stormnodes.

perfect! now i get it Cheesy thank you @SLievensDRKSLK
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 04:21:31 PM

might be too soon to ask that, but do you already have the minimum requirements(computer requirements) to run a node?

Too soon as we are improving upon performance Wink
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:33:24 PM

i think i've deleted my post by mistake lol... any way, it was :

might be too soon to ask that, but do you already have the minimum requirements(computer requirements) to run a node?
edit: and it was already answered. that was fast  Shocked
muhcoins

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:51:26 PM

any news about the silk(ICO) address?

SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 10:10:13 PM

The Silk(ICO) address is being added. It is a little more complex than just installing the wallet and adding it to the user dashboards.

This is because we are having to install a second Silk(SLK) wallet for the ICO into a platform that already has a Silk(SLK) wallet installed using the same ports etc.

Matthew is getting this done, it will be available to users and you will be able to deposit.

Do remember that investing Silk(SLK) into the ICO heeds NO BONUS, so as long as the option is available prior to the ICO ending, it is no issue whatsoever.
Orestes

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:30:10 PM

Already at 52 signups on Slack, if you haven't make sure you do!
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 11:03:05 PM

Orestes

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:01:18 PM

i've registered a steemit account to see if that attracts some attention.
first publication is the brochure https://steemit.com/silk-network/@orestes/silk-network-stormnode-brochure
For those who are on this platform and would like to upvote, by my guest  Grin
muhcoins

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:20:26 PM

The Silk(ICO) address is being added. It is a little more complex than just installing the wallet and adding it to the user dashboards.

This is because we are having to install a second Silk(SLK) wallet for the ICO into a platform that already has a Silk(SLK) wallet installed using the same ports etc.

Matthew is getting this done, it will be available to users and you will be able to deposit.

Do remember that investing Silk(SLK) into the ICO heeds NO BONUS, so as long as the option is available prior to the ICO ending, it is no issue whatsoever.

oh... didn't knew that.. in this case i will wait a small pump and sell my silks and maybe send bitcoin.
if I can give my opinion, that doesnt sound good.... at all. it's like silk network doesn't encourage silk use and want to raise bitcoin at any cost. I was excited but now i'm feeling disappointed.

any way, good luck guys.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 01:30:52 PM

oh... didn't knew that.. in this case i will wait a small pump and sell my silks and maybe send bitcoin.
if I can give my opinion, that doesnt sound good.... at all. it's like silk network doesn't encourage silk use and want to raise bitcoin at any cost. I was excited but now i'm feeling disappointed.

any way, good luck guys.

We're accepting Silk in the ICO @ $0.01 per coin. Currently Silk is worth $0.007. That is a bonus in itself.

Which part of this doesn't sound good?
muhcoins

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:55:53 PM

We're accepting Silk in the ICO @ $0.01 per coin. Currently Silk is worth $0.007. That is a bonus in itself.

that's not a bonus, that's market fluctuation. as a trader, that's awesome because after the silk address show up we might see a pump in silk.
i'm not here as a trader but as a investor, so, if after that pump silk goes above 0.01$ there's no point in investing using silk and that's what's worry me. if silk network doesnt seem to be interested in receive silk at ico, what future does it have? and when you offer a bonus to bitcoin deposit and dont do the same with silk it's clear that you prefer to receive in bitcoin.

and please, dont take my comment as FUD. i'm in love with dark silk project  Roll Eyes, i dont see such a good project for a long time (specially that cheap). what is worrying me is a slow death to silk. and i do intend to make a dslk node, but i want to keep a few silk in pos too. If i understood this right, have both will bring great opportunities(arbitrage).

edit: maybe i should be discussing that in silk network thread  Lips sealed

Orestes

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 03:51:06 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 04:16:06 PM by Orestes

that's not a bonus, that's market fluctuation. as a trader, that's awesome because after the silk address show up we might see a pump in silk.
i'm not here as a trader but as a investor, so, if after that pump silk goes above 0.01$ there's no point in investing using silk and that's what's worry me. if silk network doesnt seem to be interested in receive silk at ico, what future does it have? and when you offer a bonus to bitcoin deposit and dont do the same with silk it's clear that you prefer to receive in bitcoin.

The way we look at it is this. We want to offer the public a guarantee for SLK at $0.01. If a member wants to make a switch from SLK to DSLK he can at a 25:1 rate, and for any number of SLK. This means that there is enough liquidity offered by Silk Network to allow for this transition.

If the price goes up during this period then that is good for SLK, and we applaud it. Again by offering a guaranteed price of 25:1 to DSLK it is a way for us to reach out to you.

and please, dont take my comment as FUD. i'm in love with dark silk project  Roll Eyes, i dont see such a good project for a long time (specially that cheap). what is worrying me is a slow death to silk. and i do intend to make a dslk node, but i want to keep a few silk in pos too. If i understood this right, have both will bring great opportunities(arbitrage).

edit: maybe i should be discussing that in silk network thread  Lips sealed
SLK is the Phoenix, it will be reborn with an explosion. Within the scope of this project it cannot die!  Grin

soopnon

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 04:54:01 PM

Cool Cool Cool 8)I was involved in 5 BTC, waiting to go to the moon. Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Take me with you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: