Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ZEC] ZCASH - All coins are created equal. Discussion Thread (Unofficial)  (Read 161656 times)
y6uBaKa

Activity: 261
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:24:32 AM

anyone can share a personal review of z9?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptocurrencies News
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:20:30 PM

A detailed recap of the Zcon0 mining workshop:

https://forum.z.cash/t/what-happened-at-the-zcon0-mining-workshop-and-more/30062

bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:37:10 PM

anyone can share a personal review of z9?

Poke around this thread, may help

https://forum.z.cash/t/z9-performance-and-general-discussion/29882

gl
SlushPool official
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 11:56:46 AM

Mine Zcash on the world's first cryptocurrency mining pool established in 2010.

Now optimized for ASICs and with 0 % fee! https://slushpool.com/news/zcash-updates-0-fee-and-asic-support/

Braiins - bitcoin mining company:
Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
https://braiins.com/
alekseirubin

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 10:35:08 PM

Zcash(ZEC) was added to Rubin Mining Calculator

Features:
  • average time to find block for solo miners
  • NiceHash rental calculator
  • Zcash pools list

Zcash(ZEC) mining calculator: https://mining.alekseirubin.com/calculator/ZEC

Most profitable coins to mine: https://mining.alekseirubin.com/
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:43:56 PM

I was wondering why there's no ZCASH ANN Thread here so I decided to launch one, the following info is copy + paste from http://z.cash:
=====>

WHAT IS ZCASH?

Zcash offers total payment confidentiality, while still maintaining a decentralized network using a public blockchain. Unlike Bitcoin, Zcash transactions automatically hide the sender, recipient, and value of all transactions on the blockchain. Only those with the correct view key can see the contents. Users have complete control and can opt-in to provide others with their view key at their discretion.

Zcash transactions do not depend on the cooperation of other parties.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Since the contents of Zcash transactions are encrypted and private, the system uses a novel cryptographic method to verify payments.

Zcash uses a zero-knowledge proof construction called a zk-SNARK, developed by our team of experienced cryptographers. These constructions allow the network to maintain a secure ledger of balances without disclosing the parties or amounts involved. Instead of publicly demonstrating spend-authority and transaction values, the transaction metadata is encrypted and zk-SNARKs are used to prove that nobody is cheating or stealing.

WHO IS BEHIND ZCASH?

All of the authors of the Zerocash protocol are on our team, which includes most of the creators of the Zerocoin protocol and leading researchers of zk-SNARKs themselves.

TECHNOLOGY

Zcash is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private.

Zcash is based on peer-reviewed cryptographic research, and built by a security-specialized engineering team on an open source platform based on Bitcoin Core's battle-tested codebase. Our improvement over Bitcoin is the addition of privacy. Zcash uses advanced cryptographic techniques, namely zero-knowledge proofs, to guarantee the validity of transactions without revealing additional information about them.

Our zero-knowledge proving scheme makes it possible to conceal values and other identifying information from the public blockchain. Users simply prove that the values balance out and that they are not double-spending the amount they want to send.

Download the Tech Preview release here, or get started with our Beta Guide. For more in-depth technical specification, see our developer wiki's specification page.

COMPANY VALUES

The Zcash company aims to set a new standard for privacy through the use of groundbreaking cryptography.

In an open and programmable financial system, privacy is the only way to ensure fungibility and guarantee that cryptocurrency can be interchangeable as a fluid medium of exchange for users. Companies need the protection of privacy along their supply chain in order to conduct their business, especially in the context of public blockchains. In addition, we believe that personal privacy is necessary for core human values like dignity, intimacy, and morality.

We are a science-driven team. Our scientists and engineers are the discoverers of the underlying scientific principles and the designers of the protocol; we are not the controllers or the power-holders, and do not control the mining or distribution of Zcash. Every user of Zcash contributes to its decentralization, helping to protect it against failure and corruption. Our team is one among many participants in the network. We created Zcash, but its ultimate destiny lies not in our hands, but in yours.

JOIN US!

Need help? Want more details? Have ideas? We are an inclusive and growing community. Come on in!

HOMEPAGE    ZCASH FORUM  ZCASH SLACK   EMAIL LIST

<=====
End of copy & paste.

My Information so far:

REWARD STRUCTURE:

2.5 minute block times, 12.5 ZEC per block

(so the same 50 ZEC per 10 minutes as Bitcoin)

- During the first four years, 80% goes to miners and 20% to Founders' Reward (so miners get 10 ZEC per block for first four years, then 6.25 ZEC, and then halving after)

- During the first ~month, the block reward ramps up linearly from 0.005(ish?) ZEC to 12.5 ZEC
(the mining slow start)

Suprnova's Pool:

https://zec.suprnova.cc

Official, public standalone Miner:

https://github.com/str4d/zcash/tree/standalone-miner

I don't think there's a windows version yet, but it runs fine on linux.

Be aware that this is a a very slow "test-only" cpu miner, so once a public GPU miner will be available, hashing will be much faster.

There is no ICO.

The coin has not launched yet, it will or should launch around 28.th of October, there's testnet currently where miners, pools, transactions etc. are tested.

Mining is done with a new algo called "Equihash" - it's not compatible with any ASIC, it's currently mineable by CPU and GPU - there are no public miners yet.
However there is a big open source miner contest here: http://zcashminers.org/ - you can earn up to $30k if you publish your miner.
The Algo is very slow, about 0.7-1 soltutions (hashes) per second. (Yes, you read that right). I'll be mining it for sure Smiley

The technology looks interesting and promising, there seems to be a big dev team behind it, it's good to see things are finally getting real.

Twitter is full with messages about zcash, so it seems to catch attention pretty well, astonished me even more that there's no ANN here.

I've played around with it a lot and hope to have a full functioning pool up at launch, chances that everything works out and I'll be ready are looking pretty good right now, stay tuned and get yourself informed about the coin.

I'll update this post once I get more information about miners, pools the exact launch dates, issues and so on...

Feel free to discuss and post your findings

ZET is the real ZEC Wink weeeeeeee

===>

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ZET_BTC

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
jamesmarkx

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:53:37 PM

great news that zcash is finally getting some mainstream attention with the coinbase addition hoping to see it lead the privacy coins industry zcash has always been one of my fav alts hoping to see it regain its position among top 10 again with the next bull run
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:01:37 PM

I was wondering why there's no ZCASH ANN Thread here so I decided to launch one, the following info is copy + paste from http://z.cash:
=====>

WHAT IS ZCASH?

Zcash offers total payment confidentiality, while still maintaining a decentralized network using a public blockchain. Unlike Bitcoin, Zcash transactions automatically hide the sender, recipient, and value of all transactions on the blockchain. Only those with the correct view key can see the contents. Users have complete control and can opt-in to provide others with their view key at their discretion.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Since the contents of Zcash transactions are encrypted and private, the system uses a novel cryptographic method to verify payments.

Zcash uses a zero-knowledge proof construction called a zk-SNARK, developed by our team of experienced cryptographers. These constructions allow the network to maintain a secure ledger of balances without disclosing the parties or amounts involved. Instead of publicly demonstrating spend-authority and transaction values, the transaction metadata is encrypted and zk-SNARKs are used to prove that nobody is cheating or stealing.

WHO IS BEHIND ZCASH?

All of the authors of the Zerocash protocol are on our team, which includes most of the creators of the Zerocoin protocol and leading researchers of zk-SNARKs themselves.

TECHNOLOGY

Zcash is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private.

Zcash is based on peer-reviewed cryptographic research, and built by a security-specialized engineering team on an open source platform based on Bitcoin Core's battle-tested codebase. Our improvement over Bitcoin is the addition of privacy. Zcash uses advanced cryptographic techniques, namely zero-knowledge proofs, to guarantee the validity of transactions without revealing additional information about them.

Our zero-knowledge proving scheme makes it possible to conceal values and other identifying information from the public blockchain. Users simply prove that the values balance out and that they are not double-spending the amount they want to send.

Download the Tech Preview release here, or get started with our Beta Guide. For more in-depth technical specification, see our developer wiki's specification page.

COMPANY VALUES

The Zcash company aims to set a new standard for privacy through the use of groundbreaking cryptography.

In an open and programmable financial system, privacy is the only way to ensure fungibility and guarantee that cryptocurrency can be interchangeable as a fluid medium of exchange for users. Companies need the protection of privacy along their supply chain in order to conduct their business, especially in the context of public blockchains. In addition, we believe that personal privacy is necessary for core human values like dignity, intimacy, and morality.

We are a science-driven team. Our scientists and engineers are the discoverers of the underlying scientific principles and the designers of the protocol; we are not the controllers or the power-holders, and do not control the mining or distribution of Zcash. Every user of Zcash contributes to its decentralization, helping to protect it against failure and corruption. Our team is one among many participants in the network. We created Zcash, but its ultimate destiny lies not in our hands, but in yours.

JOIN US!

Need help? Want more details? Have ideas? We are an inclusive and growing community. Come on in!

<=====
End of copy & paste.

My Information so far:

REWARD STRUCTURE:

- During the first four years, 80% goes to miners and 20% to Founders' Reward (so miners get 10 ZEC per block for first four years, then 6.25 ZEC, and then halving after)

- During the first ~month, the block reward ramps up linearly from 0.005(ish?) ZEC to 12.5 ZEC
(the mining slow start)

Suprnova's Pool:

Be aware that this is a a very slow "test-only" cpu miner, so once a public GPU miner will be available, hashing will be much faster.

There is no ICO.

The coin has not launched yet, it will or should launch around 28.th of October, there's testnet currently where miners, pools, transactions etc. are tested.

Mining is done with a new algo called "Equihash" - it's not compatible with any ASIC, it's currently mineable by CPU and GPU - there are no public miners yet.
However there is a big open source miner contest here: http://zcashminers.org/ - you can earn up to $30k if you publish your miner.
The Algo is very slow, about 0.7-1 soltutions (hashes) per second. (Yes, you read that right). I'll be mining it for sure Smiley

The technology looks interesting and promising, there seems to be a big dev team behind it, it's good to see things are finally getting real.

Twitter is full with messages about zcash, so it seems to catch attention pretty well, astonished me even more that there's no ANN here.

I've played around with it a lot and hope to have a full functioning pool up at launch, chances that everything works out and I'll be ready are looking pretty good right now, stay tuned and get yourself informed about the coin.

I'll update this post once I get more information about miners, pools the exact launch dates, issues and so on...

ZET?

Roll Eyes

HMMMMM

====>

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=ZET_BTC

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Mike The Great

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:17:14 PM

Bitexbay.com is a scam exchange. Do not deposit any coin there.
magalobox

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:47:02 AM

Bitexbay.com is a scam exchange. Do not deposit any coin there.

This person is a liar. He has been telling lies. I don't know what he wants to do. He always said that BitexBay is not credible. It is ridiculous. The BitexBay exchange is developing rapidly. It is very disgusting to this kind of slander. Please stop this shameful behavior.
yanzerdef

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 05:23:23 PM

▄█ Coin Puddle Club █▄
coinpuddle.club

Coinpuddle.club offers ZEC pool, with server located in Singapore.

stratum+tcp://asia.coinpuddle.club:3044

ClaymoreZecMiner example: -zpool stratum+tcp://asia.coinpuddle.club:3044 -zwal zcashWalletAddress.rigname -zpsw x -allpools 1
Bitzec

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:30:32 PM

=====>

http://paymentweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Z-Cash.jpg
https://underhandedcrypto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Z-yellow.orange-logo.png

WHAT IS ZCASH?

HOW DOES IT WORK?

WHO IS BEHIND ZCASH?

TECHNOLOGY

COMPANY VALUES

JOIN US!

<=====
End of copy & paste.

My Information so far:

REWARD STRUCTURE:

(the mining slow start)

Suprnova's Pool:

There is no ICO.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4811292.0
Green999

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:36:11 PM

Now I see all the same hype around the  ZCASH project faded a bit, the community gradually cools to the  ZCASH project. And I remember what used to be the excitement around the  ZCASH project, all about it and talked at the start. Maybe with another pump, it'll all come back.

Stipend ● the Freelancer's Currency
▬▬ ● ● PoS / Masternodes ● ● ▬▬ (https://stipend.me/)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:24:54 AM

Now I see all the same hype around the  ZCASH project faded a bit, the community gradually cools to the  ZCASH project. And I remember what used to be the excitement around the  ZCASH project, all about it and talked at the start. Maybe with another pump, it'll all come back.

I think there's currently too much selling pressuere due to the inflation. There's still a lot of ZEC being mined, if you compare it to the ZEC in existence. In the current market climate, It's hard to find buyers for this. But around 0.025 BTC looks like strong support for now.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:11:44 AM

I think there's currently too much selling pressuere due to the inflation. There's still a lot of ZEC being mined, if you compare it to the ZEC in existence. In the current market climate, It's hard to find buyers for this. But around 0.025 BTC looks like strong support for now.

Are you certain that is gonna hold

Grin
bitChipper

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:53:46 PM

Its been bouncing off of that range for a while, I would bet it holds.

But who knows in 4 months from now if it will hold, with all these asics hitting the network that could make for even more selling pressure. Or maybe even the contrary? More holders?

I feel like the first halving of ZEC in 2020 will really spark a frenzy of price action.

If I had a good place to run them I would be buying the shit out of these z9's, even if the difficulty spikes all the ZEC you would mine would be extremely profitable in the long run.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:41:38 PM

Now I see all the same hype around the  ZCASH project faded a bit, the community gradually cools to the  ZCASH project. And I remember what used to be the excitement around the  ZCASH project, all about it and talked at the start. Maybe with another pump, it'll all come back.

But who knows in 4 months from now if it will hold, with all these asics hitting the network that could make for even more selling pressure. Or maybe even the contrary? More holders?

I feel like the first halving of ZEC in 2020 will really spark a frenzy of price action.

If I had a good place to run them I would be buying the shit out of these z9's, even if the difficulty spikes all the ZEC you would mine would be extremely profitable in the long run.

What if the developer has been outed for scams involving Roger Ver

Future proves past

Grin
goldart

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:16:45 PM

The coin Zcash is time-tested, and has its own community.
But it is normal if someone was feeling doubt about ZEC and especially for today.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:25:35 AM

Now I see all the same hype around the  ZCASH project faded a bit, the community gradually cools to the  ZCASH project. And I remember what used to be the excitement around the  ZCASH project, all about it and talked at the start. Maybe with another pump, it'll all come back.

Nope. It's just what I see for now, my future sight is, sadly, very underdeveloped. Firstly, repeatedly bouncing of resistance can only go well for so many times. Eventually, there will be no buyers left and it'll break through.

Secondly, Zcash is hard to compare to other newer projects, because most of the bgger projects are either some years old or started with a decent number of coins/tokens already in existence. In that regard, Zcash is very unique. In the current climate, a lot of alts go back to their lows from over a year ago. With Zcashs young age and it's previous (and current) inflation schedule, I think it is very hard to to gauge how reliable Zcashs previous marketcap is in terms of finding a bottom. Because investors were likely aware of the inflation and kept that in mind when buying, which means, the marketcap back them miht have been a little "underdeveloped", or rather smaller than it would have been if Zcash would've been around for more time, with a less steep inflation.

Yet, there's a chance that investors weren't aware of this, which would mean we could go back to 400 million $ marketcap or below. Would be a nice haircut.
bitChipper

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:54:18 PM

What if the developer has been outed for scams involving Roger Ver

Future proves past

I don't think the actions of one developer will affect the long term sustainability of the project, maybe you can elaborate on what zooko has to do with roger ver?

I have a feeling you are a btc max though, which in that case you would look for absolutely any reason to call this a scam  Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: