Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC Launches Its "Most Immaculate Physical Bitcoin" -- the Half Bitcoin  (Read 1174 times)
BTCC_Official (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:23:29 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 01:09:35 PM by BTCC_Official

BTCC today launched its fifth physical bitcoin product -- the V-Series Half Bitcoin.

The V-Series Half Bitcoin is BTCC's most immaculate physical bitcoin collectible. We refined our minting process to create a coin with a smooth finish, superior lustre, and superbly defined legend and relief.

The result is a meticulously crafted pure titanium physical bitcoin that is as pristine as the uncirculated bitcoins that it contains.

The coin BTCC today introduced was made using a new manufacturing process focused on customer convenience. The Half Bitcoin is the first BTCC Mint collectible to contain a serial number. It is also the first BTCC Mint physical bitcoin to contain a scannable QR code that will make it easy to import each coin's private key into a bitcoin wallet.

The Half Bitcoin is also the first BTCC collectible to measure 39 millimeters in diameter, the same size as US one-ounce Silver Rounds. At $330, however, the Half Bitcoin is worth more than 15 times the Silver Round's $20 cost.

The obverse of the Half Bitcoin has a legend that reads "BTCC MINT," "HALF BITCOIN," "V Series," "2016," and "Titanium." The obverse also contains a relief containing the bitcoin symbol and the BTCC logo, which together represent the combined trustworthiness of bitcoin and BTCC -- the world's first and most successful cryptographic currency and the world's longest-running bitcoin exchange. The two symbols are encased by two laurels that indicate the ascendancy of bitcoin and BTCC's vision of a future in which everyone uses bitcoin and BTCC's services.

The legend on the reverse of the coin reads "IN CRYPTO WE TRUST" and "500,000 BITS." It also contains three stars, which represent the generation number of the bitcoin block reward. The back of the coin also has a secure, tamper-evident hologram with a half bitcoin private key underneath it.

The Half Bitcoin sells for 0.55 BTC on the BTCC Mint Store. Orders for the Half Bitcoin will open today, Monday, September 26th, 2016. Shipments will begin on Thursday, September 29th, 2016.

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:28:33 PM

These look great Grin

Time to raid the piggy bank.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 12:38:54 PM

Excuse me, 0.16BTC for shipping? Please find a better shipping provider, because this is insane. 0.16BTC is currently $97 and there is no way in hell you can justify that. I have had insured packages (with Track&Trace) shipped to me, from the US, that were over 5KG for less than $50!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:41:12 PM

slick looking coin again indeed'

That shipping fee is killing  Undecided

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:45:05 PM

Excuse me, 0.16BTC for shipping? Please find a better shipping provider, because this is fucking insane. It looks like BTCC is trying to make some extra money with shipping. 0.16BTC is currently $97 and there is no way in hell you can justify that. I have had insured (including Track&Trace) packages shipped to me, from the US, that were over 5KG for less than $50!
Maybe not... If it's via FedEx express/overnight worldwide and they pay for insurance, the $97 is in the ballpark... But not sure about shopping methods/details.  Some 3rd party insurance products won't even insure your shipments unless you use overnight services for example.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:48:04 PM

Are you planning on selling them in a box, like the 1 BTC coin?
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:12:48 PM

Excuse me, 0.16BTC for shipping? Please find a better shipping provider, because this is insane. 0.16BTC is currently $97 and there is no way in hell you can justify that. I have had insured packages (with Track&Trace) shipped to me, from the US, that were over 5KG for less than $50!

Hi, we use insured FedEx overnight to ship our coins, and that's lower than the current price they are charging for insured packages to your particular region.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 03:40:58 PM

Interesting coin, especially considering the very small premium that it has. This is definitely something to keep an eye out for/buy as your first funded coin.

I'd like to know this as well.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Poloherb

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

CryptoPhysical.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 08:25:29 PM

+++

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:54:45 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 02:16:31 AM by coin@coin

Nice coin, glad to see a cheaper option! I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes! Smiley

Any details on how many you plan to mint?
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:07:15 AM

Hi, the Half Bitcoin comes packaged in a transparent acrylic case and a premium oyster wove envelope.

Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:28:48 AM

i hope that OP might lower the shipping fee. Because it is very expensive and not affordable by normal person like me.  Grin
the half bitcoin is almost the same feature on 1BTC coin. They both amazing and have a nice aesthetics.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5952

Meh.

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:43:17 AM

What is the mintage of these? 1000? Smiley

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:22:28 PM

I have asked too, there are about 1500 x 1 BTC so I guess it will be more or less the same for this half BTC but don't take my word.
I guess it'll also depend on sales.

Here's a tracker made by Anduck which gives you an idea on numbers minted:

https://anduck.net/bitcoin/btcc_coins.html
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5952

Meh.

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:29:36 PM

I have asked too, there are about 1500 x 1 BTC so I guess it will be more or less the same for this half BTC but don't take my word.
I guess it'll also depend on sales.

Here's a tracker made by Anduck which gives you an idea on numbers minted:

https://anduck.net/bitcoin/btcc_coins.html

Thanks! Smiley

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:59:05 PM

Hi, we use insured FedEx overnight to ship our coins, and that's lower than the current price they are charging for insured packages to your particular region.

+++

I have made a large pre order, and the shipping turned out to be 0.32 BTC..

I used fedex.com to obtain shipping quotes from China to myself, using International Priority. I used different numbers to check how prices differed according to the weight of a package. None of these quotes came anywhere near ~$195.

I think 0.16 BTC is fair for the service you are providing, but 0.32 BTC is excessive IMO.

Thanks

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:11:53 PM

+++

I have made a large pre order, and the shipping turned out to be 0.32 BTC..

I used fedex.com to obtain shipping quotes from China to myself, using International Priority. I used different numbers to check how prices differed according to the weight of a package. None of these quotes came anywhere near ~$195.

I think 0.16 BTC is fair for the service you are providing, but 0.32 BTC is excessive IMO.

Thanks

Based on my experience with International shipping, most of the cost is front loaded in the class of service, not the weight of the shipment.  Adding or tacking on more weight should only increase cost by a smaller %.  For instance, with Fedex International Priority, a small box weighing 1 kilo would cost $100 to ship overseas, but upgrading to a medium box at 4 kilos would add maybe $25 for a total of $125. 

Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:32:57 PM

0.32 btc for international shipping of a few hundred gramms of titanium from china? Are you serious?   Huh
Ok it is Fedex but please make a cheaper shipping possible. Cancled my groupbuy for now because of that.
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:11:54 AM

0.32 btc for international shipping of a few hundred gramms of titanium from china? Are you serious?   Huh
Ok it is Fedex but please make a cheaper shipping possible. Cancled my groupbuy for now because of that.

The shipping prices that customers were being charged were incorrect. We found an error in our store system that resulted in customers being charged more for shipping than they’re supposed to. We apologize for this mistake.

==========

The correct shipping fee schedule is:

Africa/Latin America/Russia/Middle East/Oceania

1 package - 0.12 BTC

2 packages - 0.15 BTC

3 packages - 0.18 BTC

----------

Asia/Australia/North America/Europe

1 package - 0.09 BTC

2 packages - 0.12 BTC

3 packages - 0.15 BTC

==========

Unfortunately, customers were being charged the following:

Africa/Latin America/Russia/Middle East/Oceania

1 package -  0.16 BTC

2 packages - 0.32 BTC

3 packages - 0.48 BTC

—————

Asia/Australia/North America/Europe

1 package -  0.16 BTC

2 packages - 0.32 BTC

3 packages - 0.48 BTC

We have corrected this mistake, and will refund customers who paid the higher, incorrect fees .

We are also looking into cheaper, but slower shipping options, and will offer them to customers who are OK with such options.
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:11:07 AM

Well done for fixing this. Much better shipping prices now.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: