Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:03:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PEEPCOIN / PCN: CLASSIC COMMUNITY, SINCE 2016  (Read 46125 times)
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:43:05 AM

It was about time. the old dev did virtually nothing for this coin.

We're certainly looking to shake things up. Check out the discord and ask any questions you want!

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plaincoin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:17:53 PM

This is the correct ANN thread
and this is the peepcoin thread

someone is trying to confuse the peepcoin community by diverting them to their own  thread
its called spamming the board.

Peepcoin fans please stick to the coin, do not swap or do anything else that these scammers ask you
its an attempt to steal you coins by asking you to send your peepcoins to an address which they control.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:49:01 PM

Strange how you keep spamming this when people like me are working nearly around the clock to get the Peepcoin-DAPS project handled and the transition done in a transparent way.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:11:11 PM

dont mess the wallet and peepcoin blockchain

It's already messed. If you were a part of this community you'd see the log of people who constantly have issues running the old QT wallet and get help from us daily. We will be updating it and fixing many of the issues. Your attitude is hostile, and reeks of antagonism.

TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:07:07 PM

Let's be clear, you have nothing to do with peepcoin nor this community.

AliKooks

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

Will you have a referral program? I want to share it with my friends
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

Will you have a referral program? I want to share it with my friends

There will be a referral system for the pool services offered, yes.

almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:29:33 AM

This is the correct ANN thread
and this is the peepcoin thread

someone is trying to confuse the peepcoin community by diverting them to their own  thread
its called spamming the board.

Peepcoin fans please stick to the coin, do not swap or do anything else that these scammers ask you
its an attempt to steal you coins by asking you to send your peepcoins to an address which they control.

It's my understanding that the swap will be done with a blockchain snapshot.

In other words, the balance of every unspent PCN address is captured at a particular moment, and then people claim their new DAPS (presumably by proving ownership of the PCN address) through a website.

If this is still the plan, then there should be no need for the DAPS team to require you to send PCN to them; the swap is more like a 'fair distribution' for a new coin rather than destroying coins on one chain in order to redeem new coins on another. This isn't a rename, it's a new coin.

I'll type out some more thoughts re PCN/DAPS in a later post.
plaincoin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

as a PCN community enthusiast  I am raising legitimate concerns that I have and other peepcoin fans have

I am all for PCN owners getting new coins.
as long as there they dont have to part with their hard earned Peepcoins
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:55:20 PM

as a PCN community enthusiast  I am raising legitimate concerns that I have and other peepcoin fans have

Yes, I do think there needs to be more discussion in this thread with the current PCN community. The question is - can both coins coexist?

I can think of 3 scenarios:

1. All exchanges (coinexchange, tradeogre, c-patex) participate in the swap process, effectively de-listing PCN and new-listing DAPS.

2. One or more exchanges do not participate in the swap process, and de-list PCN, leaving only DAPS on the remaining exchanges. (This seems less likely, but let's consider the possibility that an exchange may decide to simply de-list PCN to avoid any hassles).

3. One or more exchanges do not participate in the swap process, continuing to trade PCN as normal (possibly adding DAPS as a separate market).

The first two scenarios will result in PCN disappearing completely from exchanges. The third scenario will allow the two networks to function separately, although potentially with fewer PCN markets.

I think the third scenario may be possible because there's a conditional claims process; you will not automatically receive DAPS on the new chain, you must make a claim. So although the swap offer is a 1:1 swap with DAPS for PCN, there will be a large number of PCN coins that are, for one reason or another, unclaimed. They will not become DAPS. This means the exchange needs to take a more active role - PCN customer balances will not be identical to DAPS customer balances because of the claims process - rather than simply renaming the PCN market to DAPS, and installing a new client.

The DAPS team have done a lot to promote their new coin, and it has resulted in a lot of new interest in peepcoin in the meantime... but DAPS is really a drastic change from what we currently have. It's a whole new coin. I hope we end up in a situation where we can all benefit (ideally, scenario #3)

Feedback from existing PCN community?
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:21:40 PM

I was re-reading this thread and found this, an older discord channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/YC2hjy6

It does show some early activity from the current DAPS people. Interesting read.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:35:51 PM

as a PCN community enthusiast  I am raising legitimate concerns that I have and other peepcoin fans have

Except you've never participated in this community in a healthy way, calling us scammers and generally saying slanderous things.

Yes, I do think there needs to be more discussion in this thread with the current PCN community. The question is - can both coins coexist?

I can think of 3 scenarios:

1. All exchanges (coinexchange, tradeogre, c-patex) participate in the swap process, effectively de-listing PCN and new-listing DAPS.

2. One or more exchanges do not participate in the swap process, and de-list PCN, leaving only DAPS on the remaining exchanges. (This seems less likely, but let's consider the possibility that an exchange may decide to simply de-list PCN to avoid any hassles).

3. One or more exchanges do not participate in the swap process, continuing to trade PCN as normal (possibly adding DAPS as a separate market).

The first two scenarios will result in PCN disappearing completely from exchanges. The third scenario will allow the two networks to function separately, although potentially with fewer PCN markets.

I think the third scenario may be possible because there's a conditional claims process; you will not automatically receive DAPS on the new chain, you must make a claim. So although the swap offer is a 1:1 swap with DAPS for PCN, there will be a large number of PCN coins that are, for one reason or another, unclaimed. They will not become DAPS. This means the exchange needs to take a more active role - PCN customer balances will not be identical to DAPS customer balances because of the claims process - rather than simply renaming the PCN market to DAPS, and installing a new client.

The DAPS team have done a lot to promote their new coin, and it has resulted in a lot of new interest in peepcoin in the meantime... but DAPS is really a drastic change from what we currently have. It's a whole new coin. I hope we end up in a situation where we can all benefit (ideally, scenario #3)

Feedback from existing PCN community?

1 is the scenario we hope for, but coinexchange.io has very unhealthy administration and will likely keep PCN listed as they're using Peepcoins on-exchange to stake, using it as a personal piggy bank. About your swap thoughts, we have worked out a few more details.

We hope to have an automated claiming system using signed addresses, like the Bitcore swap. As you noted this is more of a virtual swap, since we're building DAPS on a new code base, this will probably be the easiest way. Peepcoin is already absed on libzerocoin, with all anonymity functions disabled. DAPS is simply re-enabling these features on a newer code base and expanding the Peepcoin scope much further than "yet another staking coin".

We are thinking about a snapshot, but it won't be needed if the majority of active peeps swap anyways. We will have lots of advance notice on that front.

Once again, we keep much information updated on the actual discord, and the actual Peepcoin-DAPS thread. The Peepcoin community came up with DAPS, and any claim otherwise is wrong. We are building DAPS network right now and will then be working on releasing electrum and updated QT wallets for Peepcoin. FUDsters like "plaincoin" can claim they're representing the Peepcoin community all they want, but we're the ones actually moving this network forward.

Here's just a few things we've accomplished so far:
New listings, to keep peepcoin from being manipulated by one exchange's administration.
New explorer, to properly track peepcoin transactions and staking along with network health.
Gathered a large community full of designers and some very talented coders.
Created a MAC wallet
Prepared DAPScoin.com for launch
Partnered with various services including Pacnode to enable services like pooled MN hosting as soon as possible
Created and solidifed a roadmap, a code objective map, and a project rollout map with media influencers.
Translated the peepcoin-DAPS project into over a dozen languages
Launched bounties, and will be creating more
Updated the Peepcoin "is this a scam" page, with information being put in now.

And this is all I can remember, in less than a month. DAPS was created by us, the Peepcoin community, and we plan to take it forward with motivation.

plaincoin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

Swapping is not a good option for peepcoin
Because it essentially kills the coin
If Any new coin wants to fork from peepcoin .
It’s fine , just let peepcoin holders redeem th new coin if the prefer.
Just like when bitcoin cash forked . All existing btc holders were able to claim bitcoin cash

No need to involve exchanges in this . If they are willing to give exchange holders
The new coin automatically . It’s ok

Involving exchanges makes it centralized and peepcoin is all about
Decentralized .

Let’s grow peepcoin and not swap it out of existence
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:19:49 PM

Peepcoin community created DAPS. It's consensus. Peepcoin will be DAPS, and the old chain will stay the plaything of the old dev and coinexchange.io, who uses people's coins to stake.

If you were so concerned about peepcoin's "centralization", why don't you comment on coinexchange.io being the only exchange it was traded on for years, and ignore them using the exchange's wallets to stake?

Because you're posturing. Spewing slander and pretending to represent a community which has formed consensus and is actively moving the coin forward doesn't show me you mean anything constructive.

Why did you make your account specifically to spew baseless slander, and pretend to represent a community which is working on this project? Very interesting. You think I'll actually give your dishonest thoughts creedence when you began your little tiff by calling the swap team scammers and "trying to steal coins" while misdirecting people to fake links. Not a word about the scammer original developer, not a word about coinexchange.io manipulation. You smell like a sockpuppet account.

almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:56:48 PM

Peepcoin community created DAPS. It's consensus. Peepcoin will be DAPS, and the old chain will stay the plaything of the old dev and coinexchange.io, who uses people's coins to stake.

I'm not sure why this would be such a bad thing, when considering the perspective of the long term Peepcoin community. In a few months the Peepcoin blockchain will celebrate its second birthday, and there are some people who've been around since day 1. I'm one of them.

By doing the conditional swap without destroying value on the old chain we could have (essentially) "Peepcoin Classic" and "New DAPS"

DAPS ends up with a lower supply (from the conditional swap), and a good kick start for people who've bought into Peepcoin in preparation for the swap.

Peepcoin continues in its current form.

This seems ideal for both sides of the argument, and as a bonus, ideal for people who want to go with both coins. To swap to DAPS and retain Peepcoin all they would need to do is temporarily pull their coins off coinexchange at the appropriate time.

Can't we all just get along?  Cheesy
plaincoin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:18:19 PM

I like the idea of a coin claim
If coinexchange does not have peepcoins best interest
We need to diversify peepcoin to other exchanges and
Socialize that we are on other exchanges as well

But definitely we need to keep the peepcoin blockchain
And yes it’s not a plaything .. it’s the core.. it’s the reason
We are here .  We need to respect that and make enhancement
To the peepcoin blockchain and wallet
I am ok with the idea of a new coin-claim or
Airdrop to existing peepcoin holders
Like btc holders got bch for free
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:45:59 PM

I'm not sure why this would be such a bad thing

You don't understand why coinexchange.io staking coins that don't belong to them is a bad thing? Really? Interesting.

almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:56:41 PM

I'm not sure why this would be such a bad thing

You don't understand why coinexchange.io staking coins that don't belong to them is a bad thing? Really? Interesting.

I wasn't making any comment about coinexchange staking coins. You seem to have conveniently ignored the entire context of the several sentences in my reply.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:03:27 PM

I wasn't making any comment about coinexchange staking coins. You seem to have conveniently ignored the entire context of the several sentences in my reply.

Interesting how you mention ignoring points when you ignore one of the biggest issues I brought up: coinexchange.io using people's coins to stake and driving up difficulty, once again using coins that don't belong to them. Some coins are better off with community members who actually watch for things like that and take direct action and have progress in mind instead of atrophy. Once again, you will not find anyone in the peepcoin community outside a strangely fresh account which seems to think this is somehow a underhanded action, to be actually moving this coin and community forward. You are free to have input, we all are, but these plans have been hashed out in the Public Peepcoin discord, which we renamed to DAPS because everyone felt it was a good idea to move forward instead of being stuck in the past.

What I will not tolerate is slander, and ignoring actual issues within this coin, the wallets being unusuable to the vast majority of users, and the elephant of inflation. If you want to address these on the Peepcoin chain post-swap, fine, but there will be a hard snapshot and complete separation from the old way of doing things here. The network is growing, the following is growing, and it's not because of people who naysay progress.

We are up to over 200 nodes worldwide. Before this started we were lucky to have 10. That speaks volumes to what we're doing so far.

plaincoin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:42:43 PM

Interesting how you mention ignoring points when you ignore one of the biggest issues I brought up: coinexchange.io using people's coins to stake and driving up difficulty, once again using coins that don't belong to them. Some coins are better off with community members who actually watch for things like that and take direct action and have progress in mind instead of atrophy. Once again, you will not find anyone in the peepcoin community outside a strangely fresh account which seems to think this is somehow a underhanded action, to be actually moving this coin and community forward. You are free to have input, we all are, but these plans have been hashed out in the Public Peepcoin discord, which we renamed to DAPS because everyone felt it was a good idea to move forward instead of being stuck in the past.

What I will not tolerate is slander, and ignoring actual issues within this coin, the wallets being unusuable to the vast majority of users, and the elephant of inflation. If you want to address these on the Peepcoin chain post-swap, fine, but there will be a hard snapshot and complete separation from the old way of doing things here. The network is growing, the following is growing, and it's not because of people who naysay progress.

We are up to over 200 nodes worldwide. Before this started we were lucky to have 10. That speaks volumes to what we're doing so far.

@the kinginyellow there will always be difference in opinions

Differing views does not become slander automaticayyy

That aside.  what wallet issue are you talking about
Let’s list it here in the open discussion

Also coinexchange staking others coins. We need to check
The extraction report to claim that a big wallet is staking a lot of coins

Is a none issue either way. Because it can be solved really easily

Have the community withdraw their coins and stake them locally
It does not need a coin swap to fix
Btw it’s always the case with exchanges . But there is
An easy fix. Control your own coins

So let me know if you see any other issue needing
A drastic coin swap

As far as slander goes . If we see someone willfully or
innocently trying to take over a coin
We will speak up and against anyone . Be it anyone.
You can call it anything you want
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: