Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PEEPCOIN / PCN: CLASSIC COMMUNITY, SINCE 2016  (Read 46125 times)
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

The actual Peepcoin thread is located here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3040134.0

This old thread is used to post misleading information and is not maintained by the Peepcoin team.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:12:43 PM

Just noticed an interesting reply to this tweet. Centre of screen. What's the deal?

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/974437027361034241
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:39:53 PM

Notice how this guy made sure to post the mcafee tweet after he had replied to an ETH scammer.

I am proud to announce we are in the process of being audited by Mcafee's team, a first step to him looking into our project. We plan to be completely transparent in this transition, and hope that he likes what we have to show him in the near future =) We have nothing to be afraid of, as we plan to build this endeavor the right way: with honesty!

I hope this stops some of the people in this thread hellbent on claiming we're just "opportunists" =)

Remember to keep up with the official discord and Peepcoin-DAPS transition thread
https://discord.gg/w898czA

Notice how almightyruler once again tries to lie and deceive the Peepcoin community in this fake thread.

The actual Peepcoin thread is located here

Please be aware this old outdated Peepcoin thread is being used to post misleading information like I've quoted above by almightyruler, without referring to the actual event that occurred. Interesting.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:51:25 PM

Notice how almightyruler is using a selectively chosen image from when this tweet was erased:

Interesting how someone who runs a fake Peepcoin revival thread is also posting fake news pretending that Mcafee isn't interested in our team.

almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:58:25 PM

Notice how this guy made sure to post the mcafee tweet after he had replied to an ETH scammer.

I am proud to announce we are in the process of being audited by Mcafee's team, a first step to him looking into our project. We plan to be completely transparent in this transition, and hope that he likes what we have to show him in the near future =) We have nothing to be afraid of, as we plan to build this endeavor the right way: with honesty!

I hope this stops some of the people in this thread hellbent on claiming we're just "opportunists" =)

Remember to keep up with the official discord and Peepcoin-DAPS transition thread
https://discord.gg/w898czA

Notice how almightyruler once again tries to lie and deceive the Peepcoin community in this fake thread.

The actual Peepcoin thread is located here

Please be aware this old outdated Peepcoin thread is being used to post misleading information like I've quoted above by almightyruler, without referring to the actual event that occurred. Interesting.

I'm not lying about anything. I happened to load that tweet via coinmarketcap around half an hour ago and saw that odd reply, then posted a capture here. Anyone can load the tweet themselves and verify that it's exactly the same as what I posted.

I see there's now some discussion in the DAPS Discord about a deleted message in that thread, which could explain how McAfee seems to be saying that DAPS is the scam.

So that's all you had to say. A simple explanation of what happened. No need to attack me (again).

I posted a screen capture of what appears to be a valid tweet. That's it.
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:03:06 PM

Notice how almightyruler is using a selectively chosen image from when this tweet was erased:

Interesting how someone who runs a fake Peepcoin revival thread is also posting fake news pretending that Mcafee isn't interested in our team.

Are you suggesting I've been hitting reload on that tweet for the past few days, waiting in the hopes that someone will delete a reply so it changes the context of the tweet thread? I mean, really? I clicked on a link from coinmarket cap and posted what I saw.

The exact same link is in the DAPS reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/DAPSCoin/comments/84rpta/john_mcafee_wants_to_check_out_daps/

Anyone can load this link and see the exact same "selectively chosen" text. It's identical to my screen cap.

This is not a fake revival thread. This is the same thread that has been going for over 18 months. The thread you keep linking is for DAPS.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:09:50 PM

So concerned even though you didn't even reply to the original mention of it happening above.  Roll Eyes

Join us in the real Peepcoin thread. This thread is not official, not being updated, and has been used to post misleading information like the above.

Thanks for understanding protecting the Peepcoin community comes first.

almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:39:07 PM

So concerned even though you didn't even reply to the original mention of it happening above.  Roll Eyes

Join us in the real Peepcoin thread. This thread is not official, not being updated, and has been used to post misleading information like the above.

Thanks for understanding protecting the Peepcoin community comes first.

You guys didn't even know about Peepcoin a couple of months ago, so why the sudden concern? Your team found an undervalued coin - a quiet but working coin, with a caretaker dev (myself) - and decided to appropriate it as your own. Now you claim you're now leading the "real" community, and this thread (and coin) is outdated?

You provided minimal information about your proposed changes in this thread, and it wasn't until I went into Discord that I realised (during the course of your initial 40+ minute attack on me) that the changes were far more major. You talk about transparency but you didn't make it clear what was happening, either to myself or any other ~80 participants in the thread until those changes were well underway. How is that involving the community?

It seems to be a strange coincidence that your team is pumping this coin, telling people to buy now whilst it's cheap. Why would you be promoting a coin so heavily before a swap and major change in reward? Can you categorically state that no members of the DAPS team are profiting by initially buying in cheap, and then selling into the climbing price? Dumping right now would realise a 300-400% profit.

Have you also considered that with the price going up, the original dev's orders are more likely to be filled? I bet a lot of the 1 sat orders are his, so if the price approaches that and people start buying on the BTC/PCN market, he'll profit.

A couple of weeks ago you seemed to be happy to let the "old" coin languish on coinexchange, but now you've become obsessed with total dominiation of DAPS, and a complete sabotage of the original Peepcoin, and this thread. This is really childish. I've actually had to ask the moderator to trim some of your messages because of your recent obnoxious behaviour, repeatedly spamming a 6+ screen OP from a different thread.

Once more, I propose that Peepcoin continue on coinexchange - which seems unlikely to participate in the swap - and you move forward with DAPS on the others. We won't affect your vision in the slightest. Both coins can coexist. Let's just agree to disagree, and move on.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

Nice sockpuppet account. Let me know when you're interested in closing this fake thread that you keep bumping to mislead people.

Reminder the actual Peepcoin thread is located here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3040134.0;topicseen

Almightyruler is actively using this fake thread to lie about the Peepcoin project.

All updates are on the official thread and in the discord.

plaincoin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:35:28 PM

https://i.imgur.com/laA2RkJ.jpg

Are you suggesting I've been hitting reload on that tweet for the past few days, waiting in the hopes that someone will delete a reply so it changes the context of the tweet thread? I mean, really? I clicked on a link from coinmarket cap and posted what I saw.

The exact same link is in the DAPS reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/DAPSCoin/comments/84rpta/john_mcafee_wants_to_check_out_daps/

Anyone can load this link and see the exact same "selectively chosen" text. It's identical to my screen cap.

This is not a fake revival thread. This is the same thread that has been going for over 18 months. The thread you keep linking is for DAPS.

I looked at the twitter message in which John macafee has called out daps as a scam

I confirm this
DAPS has been called out as
A scam , by John Mcafee

Please don’t try to link peepcoin
To your other scam projects

Peepcoin has existed as a people’s coin
Long before you showed up.

almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:04:11 PM

I looked at the twitter message in which John macafee has called out daps as a scam

I confirm this
DAPS has been called out as
A scam , by John Mcafee

No, McAfee was calling another tweet in that thread, which ended up deleted, a scam. Because that tweet was deleted it then makes it look like he was responding to DAPS.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:19:56 PM

Reminder the actual Peepcoin thread is located here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3040134.0;topicseen

We're proud to say we're nearly completely finished with the whitepaper and website, hope to see you on the real Peepcoin thread =)

manov32

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

Why would I want to change my Peepcoins for DAPS? For what end? At least I know Peepcoin is working, even tho I need to fix my wallet problem one of these days. I bought Peepcoin just for fun and I don't want to swap/change it to other coin.. My 2 cents on the matter Smiley
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:50:55 PM

Why would I want to change my Peepcoins for DAPS? For what end? At least I know Peepcoin is working, even tho I need to fix my wallet problem one of these days. I bought Peepcoin just for fun and I don't want to swap/change it to other coin.. My 2 cents on the matter Smiley

Peepcoin is working? Yet you can't even access the personal wallet?  Huh You're aware we're the ones who will be updating the wallet, so you can even use your Peepcoins, correct?

plaincoin

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:28:41 PM

That’s the right question.
Why even swap. We can update the peepcoin
Code base and improve it, fix any issues
It’s by far the advanced
Low market cap altcoin  code base I have looked at

There is no need to swap. And I know a majority will
Will not swap .

We need to build a community around
Peepcoin improvement.  No swap
Swap is very centralized and peepcoin is
All about decentralized
circlenick

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:17:56 AM

Disclaimer: I want to start by saying that you should probably buy PeepCoin-DAPS because you're going to make a lot of money off of ignorant people that will FOMO just because CoinMarketCap shows green numbers next to the coin. Need proof? Look at the DAPS discord where everyone is having orgasms over the increase in price despite the fact that it has extremely low volume, and thus, is being manipulated by few players. People don't pay attention to these things, they just see green and buy. For this reason, buy cheap and take profits from the ignorants. Also, I'm not a financial advisor, so there's that.

Now, with that disclaimer out of the way...

Let me get this straight, you're premining 50 billion coins initially, keeping 1 billion coins upfront, and then collecting 5% reward per 1 minute block time? You've taken premining scams to a whole 'nother level.

The roadmap is honestly a pathetic attempt at trying to look like you guys have any clue as to what you're doing. It's supposed to take an entire year to roll the coin out, create a website, swap everyone's coins, advertise, and list it on exchanges? Really? And for that you get a massive premine and infinite block rewards? According to the DAPS twitter, some type of website is supposed to be released this week, so there goes some items off Q2. What a joke.

You guys are literally winging it as you go with some grandiose mixture of ideas that don't even go with each other. You're trying to be a privacy coin, but also a masternode coin, and somehow a charity coin, and on top of that some type of payment network? Can you make up your mind, or is this all part of the overall scam?

Michael Larry, a.k.a bitcoinbabys, advertised the DAPS project as some type of company, where's he's the CEO. That's interesting, because he's also the person running StrongHands, another scam coin that has recently gone into a bit of a funk after some people called him out on the StrongHands reddit. I message'd those people on reddit based on their claims, and they said they have already placed an inquiry with the CFTC, so good luck with that if they end up getting to it after all of the ICOs that they're cracking down on. In the meantime, there's a lot of scam money to be made, so I'm sure you guys will relish that opportunity.

As pointed out by reddit, if you look at the StrongHands discord and the DAPS discord, you will find many similar names. Nice scam, team.

Here's some of the reddit links exposing the StrongHands, I mean DAPS, team:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stronghands/comments/82tarp/buyers_beware_shnd_team_working_on_other/
https://www.reddit.com/r/stronghands/comments/846k6n/stronghands_is_a_scam/

Oh, and why must we have this conversation in this thread and not the PeepCoin-DAPS one? Well, because that one is obviously self-moderated. Another red flag for the scam team and their scam projects.
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:42:55 AM

Disclaimer: I want to start by saying that you should probably buy DAPS because you're going to make a lot of money off of ignorant people that will FOMO just because CoinMarketCap shows green numbers next to the coin. Need proof? Look at the DAPS discord where everyone is having orgasms over the increase in price despite the fact that it has extremely low volume, and thus, is being manipulated by few players. People don't pay attention to these things, they just see green and buy. For this reason, buy cheap and take profits from the ignorants. Also, I'm not a financial advisor, so there's that.

Now, with that disclaimer out of the way...

Let me get this straight, you're premining 50 billion coins initially, keeping 1 billion coins upfront, and then collecting 5% reward per 1 minute block time? You've taken premining scams to a whole 'nother level.

The roadmap is honestly a pathetic attempt at trying to look like you guys have any clue as to what you're doing. It's supposed to take an entire year to roll the coin out, create a website, swap everyone's coins, advertise, and list it on exchanges? Really? And for that you get a massive premine and infinite block rewards? According to the DAPS twitter, some type of website is supposed to be released this week, so there goes some items off Q2. What a joke.

You guys are literally winging it as you go with some grandiose mixture of ideas that don't even go with each other. You're trying to be a privacy coin, but also a masternode coin, and somehow a charity coin, and on top of that some type of payment network? Can you make up your mind, or is this all part of the overall scam?

Michael Larry, a.k.a bitcoinbabys, advertised the DAPS project as some type of company, where's he's the CEO. That's interesting, because he's also the person running StrongHands, another scam coin that has recently gone into a bit of a funk after some people called him out on the StrongHands reddit. I message'd those people on reddit based on their claims, and they said they have already placed an inquiry with the CFTC, so good luck with that if they end up getting to it after all of the ICOs that they're cracking down on. In the meantime, there's a lot of scam money to be made, so I'm sure you guys will relish that opportunity.

Peepcoin-DAPS is a community ran project. Bitcoinbabys is the leader of the community as selected by the group, and there is no "head leader" of Peepcoin or DAPS. I would be referred to as the coordinator of many aspects of this project, as I saw the idea for DAPS from their discussions at the beginning and turned it into a true project with the ability to actually happen. I make my role in that clear, in my personal disclaimer on the transition thread. We are working to turn this into a professional project and I appreciate your interest in protecting the investors and community of both past Peepcoin investors and future DAPS community members, so there are alot of aspects that are being worked on to make this into a truly sustainable project long term.

We are rolling out an initiative called DAPSCORE with the website release. This is inspired directly by the structure of Bitbean's BEANCORE program, which I believe was integral to the quality and pool of people they had consistently for years working on their project, as a team. This DAPSCORE program is up to the decision of the community first and foremost. What will this mean for us? That there will be a "structure" setup for this coin and that it's known nobody is "the" leader of this project, or organization therein. We're a defacto volunteer operation and I have tried to shift the branding to match that (no CEO titles, etc). If you'd like to envision more about how this future structure of community-ran governance will look like, I suggest you read this http://www.bitbean.org/beancore.html as it will give you a relatively good idea of what we want to emulate with it.

I believe long term that helping people should be our goal, even if it's a privacy coin, there can still be an organization of volunteers who work with and for charities and such. It's an idea in development, and I want to see it work. The work of actual code and technical progress can be handled by DAPS Core team, while the DAPS Foundation can handle aspects such as checking on airdrop participants, ensuring that people who swap are taken care of properly if anything happens, outreach, and any number of tasks. Do you think it's a bad idea? Please tell me why. I think that having a foundation setup shows that we're not here to enrich ourselves long term. It also dovetails into the long term airdrop management. If you have better ideas tell me, I just don't think people will want us to stay private and the team who brought it up to stay in the shadows forever.

On top of that, we have secured many very good coders to our project, and we have two groups. One is working on the wallet upgrades in a unified trunk for Peepcoin, as DAPS is being worked on currently. It will be a very ambitious project in terms of chain features and community organization, but I believe we have alot of the critical parts in place for that to work including a highly motivated core of community with various talents that are offering, with more showing up by the day. I make it clear this is everyone's project, not mine, yours , or anyone's. I believe that your fears over this issue will be gone when you see us upgrading the wallets and releasing, but I don't have a timeline for that. Probably about 4 weeks.

And on the idea of the premine or terminology of it, that's something that we're not decided yet. For bitcore, it was a full 100% premine, yes, and the coins can in theory still be used by the devs to dump. What I envision is an automated method that does not allow any developer or otherwise interaction with said swap fund.

What I will not allow, is the coin 'premine' (mostly just a virtual fork of the Peepcoin supply, technically), which will be a 1:1 mirror of the current Peepcoin supply at the moment it launches, to be used for ANYTHING BUT swapping, and then when the period is over, a burn, a hard snapshot, something. This is an idea that is still being worked on right now. The implementation of the swap itself is the most important part for the exact reason you stated: it looks like a premine, because it "is", even if it won't be in the control of the people who actually run the genesis block. The only coins in the developer fund will be the 1 billion. That's it. The other will be secured in a way that ensures no outside interaction is possible outside of swapping coins. I promise this with all my personal honor. I have never been in this industry to scam anyone, nor to let a project bleed and become irrelevant. I hope I can prove to you that we're sincere with my post here, but I just implore you to ask me more. We have the actual roadmap coming out this week with the website, a culmination of a lot of really hard thinking and decisions about long term health of coins. We will make sure that there is a trustless system to prove that this fund is not in any way ours or usable. I will ensure this, thanks to your concerns.

On the topic of the 5% founder fee, I do agree I wish it wasn't needed. But unfortunately in recent crypto era, development simply needs a war-chest to get listed on anything but the lowest-tier exchanges. And that is an unfortunate thing since I remember when it cost less than 2,000$ to list on cryptopia. I think it's a fair balance as the premine from the previous developer is being nullified and replaced with a development payment scheme that actually incentivizes long term value creation as opposed to dumping and running. I've been here a while, I know exactly what you're talking about man. I have helped mould this project into what could be an all-star idea by avoiding alot of the pitfalls previous coins in this area have made (development staking a premine, being a huge thing, that will not be done!)

What I hope is that this coin can show that no matter what community it is, that if you have an idea and work hard on it, that you can do it. If you have any concerns or want to nitpick this post go ahead, I'm being as honest with you as I can. I wouldn't stake my reputation on a project like this if I wasn't as sure as I am about it helping people. Please let me know if I actually helped your concerns or didn't.

I activated self moderating and a new thread at the request of the people who made the idea for DAPS so that we could address the issue of people exploiting such a transition to phish posting fake links, like happened here before. I hope that's reasonable.

plaincoin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:16:21 AM

Thanks @circlenick for posting this
Comprehensive post and links about these scammers

Lately I have noticed meaningful posts like yours
Dissapear for no reason other than
That they point out the scam team

Once they zero in on their target coin.
Their modus operendi is to claim to be
the new development team who have descended
Upon us to save the coin.

Then create a discord and brainwash
Any newcomer to believing that the original coin has flaws
And they are the ones to save it

And then go ahead with trying to premine
And swap the coin. Thus killing the original
Coin
Yeah I will put my trust in some random
Scammers , send them my peepcoins . And
I will wait for ever for them to send me
This new scam coin called daps .
They crammed all the buzzword into one acronym
plaincoin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:27:41 AM

I will also say one more thing
Even though stronghands was a high emission coin with a crazy
Pos of 1200% per year which was unsustainable .the blockchain worked fine

These scam team got in . Did some update to the wallet and blockchain
And fumbelled the update and somehow messed it up by a so called mandatory
Wallet update . Now I only have unaccepted shares in my stake and I suspect is because of
The incompetence of these scammers

And now they are trying to do the same to peepcoin
bitcoinbabys

Activity: 208
Merit: 51

I SUPPORT CRYPTO!!! ;^)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:28:50 AM

I will also say one more thing
Even though stronghands was a high emission coin with a crazy
Pos of 1200% per year which was unsustainable .the blockchain worked fine

These scam team got in . Did some update to the wallet and blockchain
And fumbelled the update and somehow messed it up by a so called mandatory
Wallet update . Now I only have unaccepted shares in my stake and I suspect is because of
The incompetence of these scammers

And now they are trying to do the same to peepcoin

I hate that you feel I am a scammer. I mean I have pictures of friends family all public. I am not rich nor do I really put my focus on it. My focus is to enjoy my family and help build these communities. I am no coder by any means only a Project Manager for the coins I believe in. Also just to let you know SHND blockchain is working fine and will continue to work fine as well as SHND will still continue. Thank you for your concerns and we can only show with our actions how we plan to improve Peepcoin now DAPS.

REVIVE YOUR LIGHT. MANIFEST YOUR DREAMS. REALIZE YOUR WORTH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: