Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help: is this a possible scam email or real? Domain names in china?  (Read 745 times)
FutureMoneyTrends (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 03:47:42 AM

I've gotten similar email in the past like this...

2nd EMAIL:
Hello,

Thanks for your confirmation. As soon as receiving the application of The company, we checked and found "futuremoneytrends" is your  company's using name and brand. We are concerned that your brand name might be affected negatively by their applications,  this is why we informed you. following Brand Name and domain names are applied by The company:
Brand Name:
futuremoneytrends
Domain Names:
futuremoneytrends.asia
futuremoneytrends.cn
futuremoneytrends.com.cn
futuremoneytrends.com.hk
futuremoneytrends.com.tw
futuremoneytrends.hk
futuremoneytrends.in
futuremoneytrends.co.in
futuremoneytrends.net.cn
futuremoneytrends.org.cn
futuremoneytrends.tw
You know that the domain names registration is open in the world, The company also has the right to apply for the available  domain names. you only have the preferential rights to register them.
At present, we haven't passed their application, we need your opinion. If your company consider these names of importance to  your company's business or interest, I suggest that your company register these names first so as to avoid confusion or  speculation. Of course, each company has their own idea. If you don't think their application will affect your company in the  future, or you have no marketplace in Asia and you don't intend to develop business in Asia, then my suggestion is your  company give up these names so that we can finish registering for them as per our duty. Please give me your company's  decision as soon as possible in order to handle this issue better.

Best Regards,
Parker Lee
Tel: +86.7395266069    Fax:+86.7395266169
Address: 98 Shanghai Ave. Hefei 230001 China
http://Http://www.dimn.org.cn

----- Original Message -----
To: Parker Lee
Date: 2016-09-17
Subject: Re: futuremoneytrends

no we did not authorize

On 2016-09-15 00:33, Parker Lee wrote:

This is a confirmation letter regarding registration of your company name futuremoneytrends, please read it carefully.

Dear sir or madam,

We are a registrar for domain names authorized by Chinese government. Today, we received an application from Htg Corporation LTD applying to register futuremoneytrends as their brand name and some top-level domain names(.CN .HK etc). After our initail checking, We found the main body of domain names is same as yours.

We are handling the application and we need to confirm whether or not you authorize them to register them? Let me know your positon ASAP so as to solve it promptly. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Parker Lee
Tel: +86.7395266069    Fax:+86.7395266169
Address: 98 Shanghai Ave. Hefei 230001 China
http://Http://www.dimn.org.cn

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:17:28 AM

It is not a possible scam but a good marketing technique for a domain provider company.Those domains listed above are easily available for purchase on other sites like goDaddy.The sender of the email might convince you to buy the related domains for a higher price than it's current value.Directly check with your domain provider if it's legitimate.They can't stop the purchase if the buyer wants to buy it anyway since I just tried to purchase the first two domains from goDaddy and they're giving them for as cheap as $2 and nope they don't care if the similar domain name is already registered.If you're really insecure that those domains can direct your traffic to another webpage ,you may go ahead and purchase them but I advise you not to.
Delos

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:22:00 PM

I guess its legit.

China Domain Traders are very active at moment. I see many high-ranking domain names get a copy with other endings. Some dropped domains get re-register and belong to someone in china. Always the owner of the genuine one get a mail like this.

Forget it.
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:50:10 AM

I don't really think some domain register company would care so much for others reputation, But its is your wish to register other tld of your domain name. I personally think the other tld's of your domain name is useless until you maintain a good service and there is no big complaint on your service.

But if you decide to purchase those domains, i would suggest you to register from the same registrar where you have your domain now.
prabowo96

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

it's showtime

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:28:42 AM

It is not a possible scam but a good marketing technique for a domain provider company.Those domains listed above are easily available for purchase on other sites like goDaddy.The sender of the email might convince you to buy the related domains for a higher price than it's current value.Directly check with your domain provider if it's legitimate.They can't stop the purchase if the buyer wants to buy it anyway since I just tried to purchase the first two domains from goDaddy and they're giving them for as cheap as $2 and nope they don't care if the similar domain name is already registered.If you're really insecure that those domains can direct your traffic to another webpage ,you may go ahead and purchase them but I advise you not to.

The best marketing technique's are the best scams. I am wrong?
They just wanna sell anything, don't matter how/why.

Lavander

Activity: 369
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:05:37 AM

I would like to give you hope and say that this is possible, but from what I know, it all depends on the computing power .. So in other words - if you do not have an uncle in NASA, it is impossible.. Sorry.
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:28:27 AM

Email didn't ask you to buy something from sender or send them any money thats is why it is not scam

Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:21:43 PM

legit my ass. they quoted they from the chinese government.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: