Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:59:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor Prediction and Info Thread  (Read 4039 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 08:42:42 PM

The safe bet remains McGregor win, possibly by TKO or submission. After he wins this, he will go for the Nate Diaz trilogy I presume. I think Nate Diaz said he will not fight again until McGregor fights him again. Tons of money to be made on that third fight.

Then McGregor has him by the balls.  What if he decides not to fight him in three years and decides to go after Aldo and Cruz?  And then defend his title/s vs new comers.  Diaz has to come out and fight whoever's gonna make him climb the LW division ranking to make him a worthy opponent vs McGregor.  He should build himself up and he should not totally rely on the McGregor money machine.

Good point, if McGregor doesn't fight him then he can put Diaz's career on hold.. not good for him. Then again, the fans want to see a 3rd rematch. Nate Diaz KO'd him, McGregor couldn't submit him and had to go for the rounds.. it's on McGregor's roof to demonstrate he is the better fighter. It may backfire for McGregor to avoid him for too long, people may start saying he is ducking the 3rd fight.

Nate Diaz is a far more superior technical fighter than McGregor.  He proved it twice.  It would probably be in McGregor's careers best interest to avoid a third match with Nate the same way he's been avoiding a fight to defend the featherweight belt....The fight with Aldo wasn't even a fight....13 seconds....that's the definition of a lucky punch there!
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 11:28:32 PM

The safe bet remains McGregor win, possibly by TKO or submission. After he wins this, he will go for the Nate Diaz trilogy I presume. I think Nate Diaz said he will not fight again until McGregor fights him again. Tons of money to be made on that third fight.

Then McGregor has him by the balls.  What if he decides not to fight him in three years and decides to go after Aldo and Cruz?  And then defend his title/s vs new comers.  Diaz has to come out and fight whoever's gonna make him climb the LW division ranking to make him a worthy opponent vs McGregor.  He should build himself up and he should not totally rely on the McGregor money machine.

Good point, if McGregor doesn't fight him then he can put Diaz's career on hold.. not good for him. Then again, the fans want to see a 3rd rematch. Nate Diaz KO'd him, McGregor couldn't submit him and had to go for the rounds.. it's on McGregor's roof to demonstrate he is the better fighter. It may backfire for McGregor to avoid him for too long, people may start saying he is ducking the 3rd fight.

Nate Diaz is a far more superior technical fighter than McGregor.  He proved it twice.  It would probably be in McGregor's careers best interest to avoid a third match with Nate the same way he's been avoiding a fight to defend the featherweight belt....The fight with Aldo wasn't even a fight....13 seconds....that's the definition of a lucky punch there!
where were you all this time,this is what i was trying to say all this while,people are rooting for Mcgregor and many thinks that he will finish Alvarez just like that, who is a superior wrestler and we saw how he would fight a wrestler in the match against Chad Mendes , he has not face Frankie Edgor one of the best in the 145 division and he is not even confident to defend his title after winning the belt,champions are not defined by winning the title yet they are defined by defending them multiple times,Aldo truly deserves a match even before the Frankie fight,and still he is avoiding Aldo yet again.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 12:50:25 AM

like it has been pointed out before, he CANT avoid him for too long, or the public will start pressuring him calling him out on being a chicken. People want to see that third rematch, they are 1-1 now, this is a trilogy and whoever avoids the third match will be called out as a ducker.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:20:39 AM

I disagree.  McGregor now controls his fate in the UFC.  Even if he doesn't fight Diaz within the next 3 - 5 years, as long as he's winning, he will always be the guy to watch whoever he's fighting.  Without McGregor a Diaz fight will not rake in as much as a McGregor fight.  I think McGregor will fight Diaz again when the time is right.  But Diaz must not be lazy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 10:22:11 PM

I disagree.  McGregor now controls his fate in the UFC.  Even if he doesn't fight Diaz within the next 3 - 5 years, as long as he's winning, he will always be the guy to watch whoever he's fighting.  Without McGregor a Diaz fight will not rake in as much as a McGregor fight.  I think McGregor will fight Diaz again when the time is right.  But Diaz must not be lazy.

as usual I'm with Toke

guy knows his Shi!t when it comes to UFC or maybe we both know nothing lol but
I agree. Ufc is so smart, why force a fight that could shorten someones career? McGregor
is like a ATM machine why in the world would you want to keep putting him wars when he can
make the UFC so much money just fighting in his division?

smart choice for UFC and want to see him in his proper weight division for a couple years and then
we get number 3.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:08:26 AM

McGregor didn't won as convincingly as Nate Diaz, and he said they would fight again, therefore the public is expecting a rematch. If he delays it too much, the public will start complaining about it. Give it one year without a rematch and you will see how people start getting tired of waiting and start calling him out.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 01:47:00 PM

Here's a couple of videos from Tyrone Woodley.  I think Wonderboy Thompson could win it and the fight would look a lot like Woodley vs Rory MacDonald.  Although you can't take away the fact that Woodley's explosiveness could overwhelm Thompson in the early rounds.

UFC 205:  Woodley Champ Camp Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgSLYdCC4Y

UFC 205:  Woodley Champ Camp Episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIIzZnMQKoo

Enjoy.  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:17:15 PM

Is there a possibility that Conor's fight vs Eddie Alvarez will be the same when he fought Chad Mendes if Alvarez sticks with wrestling in the 1st to 3rd rounds? I am aware that Alvarez is also a good boxer according to some analysts but to box with Conor would be a big mistake because Conor is much faster and also much stronger than him standing up.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 01:52:30 AM

Hey guys, the event is still over a month to go but I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm again tending to go back and forth on who to back in the main event.  It always helps to watch replays of past fights of the fighters to help you decide.  If McGregor gasses out again as he did in both fights with Diaz then Alvarez could win this fight.  

Here's a McGregor vs Diaz 2 video.  McGregor gasses out again at the same round and almost the same time as the first fight.

UFC 205 Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8qHuunR55E

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:20:53 AM

good to see Eddie holding his own with the trash talk.

He was making fun of Mcgregor for doing so much cardio. he said what are you
doing training for the tour de france lol.

Can't wait for this one.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:21:13 AM

@Rubberduckie. Yes it showing that Eddie is not afraid of Conor and that he could also put up a show himself. This is good for the promotion of the fight and good for the fans because we have entertainment while waiting for the day of the event to arrive. Eddie is also mocking Conor's cardio training because of what happened in Nate versus Conor 2. It was known that Conor worked very hard on his cardio in that fight but he still got gassed out.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 11:06:10 PM

Conor is a good accurate striker and i respect that saw all of his fights once again to review his improvements fight by fight and yes his approach has changed a lot and at times he is over confident but the main problem is his cardio is shit and his wrestling is another story,Eddie will show how natural he is when it comes to cardio or taking a punch in the face and coming back and wrestling
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 11:21:46 PM

Hey guys, the event is still over a month to go but I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm again tending to go back and forth on who to back in the main event.  It always helps to watch replays of past fights of the fighters to help you decide.  If McGregor gasses out again as he did in both fights with Diaz then Alvarez could win this fight.  

Here's a McGregor vs Diaz 2 video.  McGregor gasses out again at the same round and almost the same time as the first fight.

UFC 205 Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8qHuunR55E

Yup....And, Alvarez is going to lean on McGregor much more than Diaz had, which is going to gas him even further.  The way I look at it is that McGregor has to go for the earlier win which means exerting more energy in the first few rounds. If McGregor doesn't get an early finish, then the fight will belong to Alvarez.  It all depends on the chin of Eddie Alvarez in the first few rounds.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:10:37 AM

Conor is a good accurate striker and i respect that saw all of his fights once again to review his improvements fight by fight and yes his approach has changed a lot and at times he is over confident but the main problem is his cardio is shit and his wrestling is another story,Eddie will show how natural he is when it comes to cardio or taking a punch in the face and coming back and wrestling

We will see how solid his chin is versus Conor. There were speculations that he was not able to knock out Nate Diaz because they were fighting at the welter weight division. The extra weight of Nate could take more of his punches no matter how strong. Maybe in light weight we could see the power of Conor's punches to be more effective. If Eddie can take the strong punches then he can win.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:21:58 AM

Why can't it be November 12 already?  I wanna see this fight so bad!  Cheesy  Here's a video to get you guys as excited as me.

UFC 205: Extended Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPnwnWNSvgY

Do any of you have a feeling that Woodley will lose?  Wonderboy seems too fast and strong for him after watching the video.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 01:31:25 AM

Why can't it be November 12 already?  I wanna see this fight so bad!  Cheesy  Here's a video to get you guys as excited as me.

UFC 205: Extended Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPnwnWNSvgY

Do any of you have a feeling that Woodley will lose?  Wonderboy seems too fast and strong for him after watching the video.

It's always that way for me too....LOL....I just try to think about something else until fight day because if I didn't then I'd just end up wasting valuable time by watching archived fights I've already watched several times before....Like I'm doing now! 
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 10:46:50 AM

What is this big announcement gong around that Connor will make after his bout with Alvarez or this is another way for him to hype up his fight. No details or clues yet only a statement that there will be an announcement. Retirement maybe?
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 12:44:22 PM

Connor McGregor announced that he will "retire" after the Alvarez fight, so UFC 205 will be the last fight for him for maybe up to one year, because he wants to dedicate more time with his girlfriend.. not sure about this decision.

After this, he should fight Nate Diaz, but I guess now Nate Diaz is forced to fight someone else because it will be too many months of inactivity.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:05:56 PM

What is this big announcement gong around that Connor will make after his bout with Alvarez or this is another way for him to hype up his fight. No details or clues yet only a statement that there will be an announcement. Retirement maybe?

Ok if he will announce that he will the winner of the Wonderboy versus Tyrone Woodley fight, I will die of a heart attack! That fight will again be one of the biggest fights in the history of the UFC. Connor is one of a kind. There will not be another fighter like him in years when he retires.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CoolJakeB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 02:31:16 PM

Connor McGregor announced that he will "retire" after the Alvarez fight, so UFC 205 will be the last fight for him for maybe up to one year, because he wants to dedicate more time with his girlfriend.. not sure about this decision.

After this, he should fight Nate Diaz, but I guess now Nate Diaz is forced to fight someone else because it will be too many months of inactivity.

If McGregor somehow ends up winning this fight, it will be extremely difficult to defend two UFC Championships in two different weight classes, so he will have to vacate one of the titles. I'm not sure if he can even make the Featherweight limit of 145 pounds anymore, so it would make sense for him to stay in the Lightweight division. There have been rumors that his girlfriend is pregnant, and that is the reason why he wants to take time off and retire for a short period of time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: