Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: {Bakewell} Get an equitable stake in a transparent & growing mining company  (Read 328 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 12:16:30 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2012, 12:31:29 AM by ianbakewell

(tho the builder told me offhand I would be his monday build and he'll call me)
You could not build yourself?  Huh I'm just asking, I don't know your technical skill, but I thought (ASSumed) you could build the rigs yourself.
That could have saved $70 * 2 = $140
Plus would make a great weekend project. And hashing would start sooner.

Expense on Windows 7  and on SSD = blah  Undecided . Yes it adds to resell, but not needed for mining.

It was $70 a system and let them build it, or buy Instore Product Replacement (@ 10% per year) on each part, as far as quality of transferable warranty service
Elsewise it would be up to me to personally (or whomever I sell to) to deal with manufacturer directly if shit goes wrong.
I figure dude I sell it to is going to like having a walk in warranty. Not same day swap, but the store will handle anything minor and any rma's.
Win 7, ram, ssd - same deal, sucks for us but good for resell.
Having custom system work orders from known comp shop vs a receipt for parts and a home build, also means worst case scenario @ resell time - I can offload at the pawn shop for good value.

This is why I went with 2 mid systems, and not 4 in a beast, or raw rigs with cards on risers - the ease of resale and retention of equity matters most - asic is the moneymaker, not gpu.

I apologize if anyone feels wronged by these purchases Sad Please let me know what you disagree with.
I have not checked yet, but if I can find any of those parts cheaper at a big canadian retailer, they will refund me / beat the lowest price by 10%

It is not to late to cancel yet either. I can get buyers remorse before they start to build.
If anyone would like to present a better system build, please do.
http://www.memoryexpress.com/SystemConfig/Default.aspx
They will ship in from any of the stores for me, but it'll take time. Or use Edmonton inventory.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: