Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:49:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would You Take Redundancy Or Stick With New Job?
Take $20k Redundancy. - 2 (28.6%)
Stick With New Home Job. - 5 (71.4%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Take Redundancy Or Stick With Job?  (Read 1046 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 09:59:20 AM

Update on the situation.  The new private company back tracked on the pay rise, there is no pay rise.  They also have a clause in the new contract which means they get final say over anything should there be a disagreement basically over anything.  ha.  So basically the only thing they offer which is great is private medical cover. 

We are going for money 100%, we are now waiting to see if they accept.

Yup that's what I would've done anyways raise or no raise. $20k is not a whole lot of money but it is a nice sum for an investment, especially since it's not money you've been saving up over a long period of time. I'm of course assuming here that you guys don't depend on your GF's part time job. Also if you're going to invest, take all the time you need to make the right decision. Congrats and good luck!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:16:24 PM

Depends on what the annual salary is and how long it would take to earn the $20k redundancy offer.

$20k is not a lot of money and wont last long.

Job is part time but pays more than $20k per year so yeah would take under a year to earn that back but she can get another job so does this matter?

Basically paying $20k for a good job (but on paper) it seems?

Stick with your job because that is going to assure you that you are going to earn money every month which is really needed it would not quit it.
Just do your job and Bitcoin in the side then I am sure that you will be fine financially.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
notech

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

Hey! How did it go later on?  Grin
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:43:26 PM

Sounds too good to be true. What company is that that it can afford 3k yearly raises? most companies nowadays can barely afford any raises.

And working from home? that sounds great, I hate commuting. What field is the job about and how did she find it? I want to work from home, I hate going out everyday at 8 in the morning, its too cold.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:03:59 PM

Depends on what the annual salary is and how long it would take to earn the $20k redundancy offer.

Job is part time but pays more than $20k per year so yeah would take under a year to earn that back but she can get another job so does this matter?

Stick with your job because that is going to assure you that you are going to earn money every month which is really needed it would not quit it.
Just do your job and Bitcoin in the side then I am sure that you will be fine financially.

If cant afford to take risk, i will suggest to stay with the current job and if possible also take that another Job as a part timer. It surely depends on the how much time you have, How much energy you posses. Obviously  you cant work for 20 hrs a day and make yourself ill after a week. A balance is needed in all walks of life.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:21:57 PM

If cant afford to take risk, i will suggest to stay with the current job and if possible also take that another Job as a part timer. It surely depends on the how much time you have, How much energy you posses. Obviously  you cant work for 20 hrs a day and make yourself ill after a week. A balance is needed in all walks of life.

For me, I would choose for 20k paying. We all know that we need a stable income, but if you have been offered on your home with stable income or job, I would choose to work in my home. Obviously, you can work on your home, you can always be relax, no stress in your office work. If you would need to take a nap, you can. But we need a stable income, or job, we should have 20k plus job or earnings
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: