Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][UBQ] Ubiq - Jumbucks (JBS) swap to Ethereum fork with new features  (Read 20053 times)
vested

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:44:10 PM

How do I consolidate my JBS into one address?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stickiest

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:31:48 PM

How do I consolidate my JBS into one address?

I believe you can use Coin Control to send all you coins to one address.
bocah

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:36:22 PM

Translations indonesia pm me sir Cheesy
nyo_x

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:21:35 AM

filled the coin request form at polo, I hope it helps little bit Smiley
vested

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:21:39 AM

I noticed that you have spoke to Vitalik B in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=865169.msg16349234#msg16349234 about the exponential subjective scoring.

Have you since spoke to him and told him about this fork including the change in protocol?
xocel

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:41:38 AM

Both myself and Julian will be on the next blocktalk. https://twitter.com/block_talk/status/782710381269643264

Get your questions ready.

gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:00:06 AM

This is niceeeeee! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=KYpRDagtnss
jyap (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 02:48:20 AM

Thanks for watching!

.. I need to work on my public speaking skills.

gigabyted

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:41:14 PM

Thanks for watching!

.. I need to work on my public speaking skills.

Lol it was ok, im sure Vitalik early hours wasn't that glorious either! He had charles to get some lights (and Stephan) Smiley
gigabyted

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:03:27 AM

When pow phase will start ?

Yeah jyap any estimates would be greatly appreciated, i got vacations near and want to plan for this launch Smiley
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:14:54 AM

Very nice ANN I love those graphics. Is there going to be some sort of decentralized program behind this or is it just another altcoin to trade? 
gigabyted

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:47:19 AM

Very nice ANN I love those graphics. Is there going to be some sort of decentralized program behind this or is it just another altcoin to trade? 

Its a coin  swap from jumbucks, which has been in active development since a few years already, dev is very dedicated and seems skilled as well.

ocminer from suprnova is gonna had the pool for it as well, pretty sure it will get listed as well on an exchange pretty fast (even if i don't really care about this point) ...
xocel

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:58:23 AM

ocminer from suprnova is gonna had the pool for it as well, pretty sure it will get listed as well on an exchange pretty fast (even if i don't really care about this point) ...

JBS is already listed on bittrex. At time of the swap, JBS in user balances will be exchanged for UBQ, and shortly after the UBQ market will open.

Focusing on one Dapp is akin to putting all of your eggs in one basket. We aim to provide a rich development environment/platform, hosting many decentralised applications.

xocel

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:04:28 AM

I have been working on a new block explorer (ubiquidus explorer  Cool ) for eth based chains, it is still a work in progress but here's a couple of screenshots.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:13:20 AM

JBS is already listed on bittrex. At time of the swap, JBS in user balances will be exchanged for UBQ, and shortly after the UBQ market will open.

Focusing on one Dapp is akin to putting all of your eggs in one basket. We aim to provide a rich development environment/platform, hosting many decentralised applications.
good point hoping that it will really make this project even more success, good luck dev.
Listent

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:17:36 PM

uuuu... very nice Smiley
thedufrane

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:53:56 PM

Can't even tell you how excited I am about this. Jyap and Xocel's dedication to Jumbucks and it's current evolution has been awesome to watch.
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:06:15 PM

Can't even tell you how excited I am about this. Jyap and Xocel's dedication to Jumbucks and it's current evolution has been awesome to watch.
let us wait and see what this working dev will bring us with this project, community support though will play a big para better to make things
check and updated, good luck team.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
xocel

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:36:03 PM

For those not in the jumbucks slack, here's a snippet from today.

Julian:
There are 2 issues and items of contention with smart contracts and the Ethereum approach of adding a Virtual Machine to the processing of Nodes.

*1) Smart contracts are too complicated and will fail with security issues*

The main case study here is The DAO contract. I would say this serves as a warning and now in retrospect serves as an example of “what not to do”. This is similar to normal code and programs that we run. Take for instance the internet and web applications/sites.

Any web site is open to hacks. The more functionality you add, the complexity you have and the increased attack surface.

Here are the counter arguments:
Smaller code is easier to audit.
We need standards and best practices for writing smart contracts.
We should not try to do too much too soon in this evolution.

The example is the code used for ERC: 20 Token Standard - https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/20

This is well documented, standardized and openly deployed smart contract code.  This is something we should not fear.

There is also this project: https://openzeppelin.org "Zeppelin is a community effort to build secure smart contracts in blockchain systems.”

*2) Adding a Virtual Machine increases the attack surface and is causing issues with nodes*

Firstly, the Virtual Machine is acknowledged as a feature and it isn’t going away. It adds more functionality to a blockchain so adding functionality will always be negatively referred to as “increasing the attack surface”.

The main mechanism for controlling the VM is gas cost. For all intents and purposes, this is similar to a transaction fee.

The theory is that CPU cycles should match closely gas cost. If a VM function is “too cheap” to run and conversely expends a lot of CPU cycles, then we have an issue. Note that this is a previously known and acknowledged issue (https://blog.ethcore.io/onwards/) that will be addressed in the protocol.

Where the shift in thinking occurs is with the question “Is this something that is inherently bad and flawed or is it something we can address?”

Myself as well as many others believe this is something which can be resolved long term

Luke(me):
this is why i plan to focus on small modules at the beginning, that alone achieve nothing for the end user, but provide a robust, well tested, and standardized framework to build more complex contracts on top of. these modules (for lack of a better name) will be much like libraries in a programming language.  an example i often refer to is a random number generator, which is hugely important for cryptographic functions, having a well tested random module, that other contracts can use, means the contract devs dont need to create their own random code, significantly lowering the chances of any issues regarding random seeds etc (bad random code can be predictable, not good). the idea behind this approach is to a) ensure more complex contracts are using standardized, and well tested code for a lot of their functions, and b) make it easier and faster to dev more complex contracts, resulting in a rich development environment.
Instead of focusing on a single complex contract/dapp, like other projects in this space, we plan to focus on the platform itself. no point building a website if the internet is flaky. build a better internet first, then worry about websites.

Muro

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 03:04:40 PM

Good work of developers and a great future that he sees this project. Congratulations.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: