Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:40:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][UBQ] Ubiq - Jumbucks (JBS) swap to Ethereum fork with new features  (Read 20053 times)
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:05:33 AM

So, I like the 1:10 ratio swap, but 0 times 0 is still zero. Why should I invest a significant amount of Bitcoin into Jumbucks for the swap to Ubiq? Jumbucks has had 2 years to work on the project. What's been accomplished during that time? Like, what can you use Jumbucks for? And right now there are only 2 markets that carry JBS, and as of today, one of those markets had $48 in volume... Bittrex. Um, why such low volume, and why not more markets in 2 years?

What will make Ubiq unique as an Ethereum fork? There are quite a few Dapp platforms now. And why is the swap so disproportionate? If somebody came in on Bittrex right now and bought 10 BTC worth they'd get about 100,000 JBS. After the swap they'd have 1,000,000 Ubiq, or 1/36th of the total supply. 10 BTC isn't that much especially if you're a whale. Doesn't the high ratio swap make fair distribution of Ubiq more difficult? Would be very easy to control the market. Anyway, mainly just curious what the future plans are for Ubiq, especially since Jumbucks doesn't appear to have been too successful. Can we expect a roadmap for Ubiq any time soon?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xocel

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 06:56:04 PM

So, I like the 1:10 ratio swap, but 0 times 0 is still zero. Why should I invest a significant amount of Bitcoin into Jumbucks for the swap to Ubiq? Jumbucks has had 2 years to work on the project. What's been accomplished during that time? Like, what can you use Jumbucks for? And right now there are only 2 markets that carry JBS, and as of today, one of those markets had $48 in volume... Bittrex. Um, why such low volume, and why not more markets in 2 years?

What will make Ubiq unique as an Ethereum fork? There are quite a few Dapp platforms now. And why is the swap so disproportionate? If somebody came in on Bittrex right now and bought 10 BTC worth they'd get about 100,000 JBS. After the swap they'd have 1,000,000 Ubiq, or 1/36th of the total supply. 10 BTC isn't that much especially if you're a whale. Doesn't the high ratio swap make fair distribution of Ubiq more difficult? Would be very easy to control the market. Anyway, mainly just curious what the future plans are for Ubiq, especially since Jumbucks doesn't appear to have been too successful. Can we expect a roadmap for Ubiq any time soon?

During the 2 years of Jumbucks, we have built a very active community, ran a number of community events (e.g fantasy football leagues), launched a number of proof of concept services (e.g Jumbucks whois) and learnt a lot about what works, and what doesnt. The chain has been stable and the network healthy during this time, with no forks or freezes. We optimized PoS. We have continued to maintain and build the platform, without any premine, ICO, or funding of any kind.

Ubiq is unique on the core level for a number of reasons. Difficulty algorithm replaced with Digisheild V3, Difficulty bomb removed, and the first blockchain to implement Exponentially Subjective Scoring (ESS).
Other than the technical aspects, we intend to manage the project quite differently to most Dapp platforms. Instead of focusing on, and hyping a single Dapp, our focus will be on the platform itself. Providing standardized and well tested modules that can be utilized by Dapps to ease development and lower the chance of bugs in more complex Dapps. There is also a number of existing altcoins, that plan to swap to tokens on the Ubiq chain.

The 1:10 swap is somewhat related to the reason for rebranding. The 2 largest issues holding JBS back from growing further have been the low coin supply, and not being taken as a serious project upon first glimpse. The increased supply will actually result in better distribution, as there are more whole units for people to trade and spend, although divisible, psychologically people still like whole units. It wont affect market control, as the % of supply doesnt change, if you have 10% now, you will have 10% after the swap. The increased supply will also make it much easier to achieve a higher market cap.

We have intentionally kept JBS on a small number of exchanges, due to many exchanges providing a less than acceptable service (often disappearing with everyones coins or getting hacked etc), and to consolidate volume. the only two exchanges that really matter imo, are trex and polo.

Volume has been inconsistent, you just happened to check on a bad day, a few days ago there was ~100btc volume (~$60k) for example. It highly depends on whats going on, both in the jumbucks world, and other markets.

Great questions, keep them coming.

donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:37:50 PM

During the 2 years of Jumbucks, we have built a very active community, ran a number of community events (e.g fantasy football leagues), launched a number of proof of concept services (e.g Jumbucks whois) and learnt a lot about what works, and what doesnt. The chain has been stable and the network healthy during this time, with no forks or freezes. We optimized PoS. We have continued to maintain and build the platform, without any premine, ICO, or funding of any kind.

Ubiq is unique on the core level for a number of reasons. Difficulty algorithm replaced with Digisheild V3, Difficulty bomb removed, and the first blockchain to implement Exponentially Subjective Scoring (ESS).
Other than the technical aspects, we intend to manage the project quite differently to most Dapp platforms. Instead of focusing on, and hyping a single Dapp, our focus will be on the platform itself. Providing standardized and well tested modules that can be utilized by Dapps to ease development and lower the chance of bugs in more complex Dapps. There is also a number of existing altcoins, that plan to swap to tokens on the Ubiq chain.

The 1:10 swap is somewhat related to the reason for rebranding. The 2 largest issues holding JBS back from growing further have been the low coin supply, and not being taken as a serious project upon first glimpse. The increased supply will actually result in better distribution, as there are more whole units for people to trade and spend, although divisible, psychologically people still like whole units. It wont affect market control, as the % of supply doesnt change, if you have 10% now, you will have 10% after the swap. The increased supply will also make it much easier to achieve a higher market cap.

We have intentionally kept JBS on a small number of exchanges, due to many exchanges providing a less than acceptable service (often disappearing with everyones coins or getting hacked etc), and to consolidate volume. the only two exchanges that really matter imo, are trex and polo.

Volume has been inconsistent, you just happened to check on a bad day, a few days ago there was ~100btc volume (~$60k) for example. It highly depends on whats going on, both in the jumbucks world, and other markets.

Lot's of trust in this project. Invested some in it and waiting for a swap and new features of this coin

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:22:03 AM

Lot's of trust in this project. Invested some in it and waiting for a swap and new features of this coin

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer all of that. I read through my post and realized that maybe I sounded like a dick, but that wasn't my intention. I've been in crypto now since February 2014, so I've seen a lot and I guess I'm just cynical now lol. You tend to get that way when you've seen scores of devs abandon their projects. Will you guys be getting a roadmap together in the next couple of months or anything?
BETAWI

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:04:35 PM

Algorithm: Dagger Hashimoto
I've heard, this new type of algo ?
Sicarious

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:30:09 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer all of that. I read through my post and realized that maybe I sounded like a dick, but that wasn't my intention. I've been in crypto now since February 2014, so I've seen a lot and I guess I'm just cynical now lol. You tend to get that way when you've seen scores of devs abandon their projects. Will you guys be getting a roadmap together in the next couple of months or anything?

Perfectly reasonable to be skeptical, there are a lot of asshats in crypto. Julian and Luke are the real deal though, both in technical proficiency, and in their commitment to running a fair coin, and sticking with projects (I've been closely following them since launch).  If you want to dig deeper, check out the #jumbucks channel in our slack group: slack.getjumbucks.com. I'd be glad to have a conversation with you Smiley
@boutiuqe

Activity: 638

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:29:56 AM

All it need is whale with about couple hundreds btc Smiley)
kashking

Activity: 289

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 01:42:42 PM

Finally getting the swap all set up, lol. Keep up the great work guys! Will always hold some JBS/UBQ Smiley

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 02:28:11 PM

I often mistaken this to Ubiqouin which I am staking right now, I'm not aware if they are on Yobit but if they are going to be traded there,there could be a little confusion because of the symbol.

kashking

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 02:57:04 PM

It's killing me not knowing when this is gunna happen!  Cry

midnight_miner

Activity: 652

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 07:33:13 AM

Perfectly reasonable to be skeptical, there are a lot of asshats in crypto. Julian and Luke are the real deal though, both in technical proficiency, and in their commitment to running a fair coin, and sticking with projects (I've been closely following them since launch).  If you want to dig deeper, check out the #jumbucks channel in our slack group: slack.getjumbucks.com. I'd be glad to have a conversation with you Smiley

Just wanted to add my 2¢ to this.

What makes Jumbucks or the dev team of Jumbucks worth investing in?  

The number of other Altcoins that have forked or are based on the Jumbucks source.  I have noticed there are a few of them out there.  Most are not easy to spot as they did not fork directly from the Jumbucks GitHub, but they are out there.

If the code of the coin is good enough to fork from, when compared to the number of choices to chose from, it does make a statement about the developers of this coin and future development to rely on for continued development.

donarito

Activity: 604

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:38:47 PM

so, re there any possible dates for the swap?

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
xocel

Activity: 121

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:55:41 PM

Just wanted to add my 2¢ to this.

What makes Jumbucks or the dev team of Jumbucks worth investing in?  

The number of other Altcoins that have forked or are based on the Jumbucks source.  I have noticed there are a few of them out there.  Most are not easy to spot as they did not fork directly from the Jumbucks GitHub, but they are out there.

If the code of the coin is good enough to fork from, when compared to the number of choices to chose from, it does make a statement about the developers of this coin and future development to rely on for continued development.

I expect to see more of this with Ubiq. Why fork a vanilla ethereum, when you could fork Ubiq with digishield v3 and Exponentially Subjective Scoring. I'm also writing a new version of Iquidus Explorer from scratch, for eth based chains, 'ubiquidus explorer', which I also expect to be used by a large number of eth based projects (much like Iquidus is for btc based chains).

Regarding estimation for swap time.. Soon™ Tongue Both myself and Julian have had some work related stuff take up more time recently than expected. (Julian new job, me just chaos). Although I'm taking time off to focus on Ubiq as I type this. My company is also planning to focus on Ubiq smart contracts/dapps as much as possible, so I will have a lot more time moving forward dedicated to Ubiq. The attacks on eth clients also delayed the swap.  We want to make sure everything is ready, and we wont encounter any issues early on that result in potential forks. Reliability and stability are primary focuses, no one wants to build enterprise  level dapps on a chain that forks every couple of months. Once we are confident everything is in order we will announce a solid date. 

wonderloops

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 11:02:08 PM

ETA on swap?
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:39:17 AM

I'll have a pool up and running for you guys for sure, when will be launched ?

When will Ubiq be launched?

Hey ocminer. Yep, thanks again in advance!

So the short answer is that we are "ready to go" for launch and have extensively tested but we are delaying it for a few reasons. We will also post a new ANN thread closer to launch date.

Reasons to push it back:

The Ethereum network is experiencing some DoS attacks and they are actively improving the codebase. Their latest 2 releases are experimental/"bleeding edge". The last release was posted 3 days ago (https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases/tag/v1.4.14) and states: "This is a Geth pre-release to counter the network DoS attacks from yesterday and those detected today. It is a prerelease (to help people get back on track fast) with further updates coming soon". We are waiting on these further updates to integrate them in.

We want to co-ordinate this with Bittrex and Bill writes "Can you make sure to send in a support ticket so we get it on our calendar. <snip> we are focused on the v2 launch so I want to make sure we got you guys scheduled"

We are considering having the code changes we have made in Ubiq reviewed by a Geth dev.

This PRE-ANN news thread will be new for a lot of people. They would need time to digest the information and speculate, buy/sell and claim their JBS addresses for the UBQ swap.

The launch will be definitely be in 2016. We are very eager to get the network up and running! Smiley

Do you think the launch will happen rather in November or December? Smiley

jyap (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 08:49:58 AM

Regarding the swap/launch of Ubiq:

Yes, we are waiting for the next hard fork of Ethereum to go through.

They recently posted some details today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/59vhws/update_on_imminent_hard_fork_10282016/

These are some pretty important changes such as preventing the chain from bloating in size from lots of empty accounts.

tinaken_v

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:11:26 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/59vhws/update_on_imminent_hard_fork_10282016/

These are some pretty important changes such as preventing the chain from bloating in size from lots of empty accounts.

When will the price move up again?

jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 09:27:36 AM

I'll check with your mother tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, don't forget to redeem your latest sig campaign.

kashking

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 01:02:29 PM

I'll check with your mother tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, don't forget to redeem your latest sig campaign.

Lol. Keep up the good work Julian.

jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 08:42:58 PM

Mentioned a few days ago in Slack:

quick update on development.
 - Geth 1.5 is out with some new features. I'll look to port Ubiq to use this codebase.
 - Going to take a look at implementing some monetary policy for mining.
 - ETH hard fork is in 4.7 days. Going to observe that goes OK with no issues.
 - Schedule launch and other items.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: