Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:25:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast Internet Connection  (Read 6537 times)
doomistake (OP)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:21:29 AM

We need a new ISP here in the Philippines other than PLDT. What do you think guys?
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:24:57 AM

We need a new ISP here in the Philippines other than PLDT. What do you think guys?

Well of course.

There's already been discussions about that, hopefully a new player will enter the market soon
Galer

Activity: 406

FameCoin, Viral Photo sharing on Blockchain

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:48:15 AM

Yes we need that and my opinion we need too a federalism government system to make a competition to how their can speed up internet for every fedarlism state.
tenk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:09:56 AM

I really wish meron. Sobrang bagal talaga ng internet sa atin. Bakit ba ganyan!?
doomistake (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:24:27 PM

Well of course.

There's already been discussions about that, hopefully a new player will enter the market soon

Well, if you're talking about the Telstra project here in the Philippines it is already been rejected by the ISP here in the Philippines. They didn't agree to have Telstra here in our country because they know that if they did it will be their great rival when it comes to internet connection. They know it for themselves that Telstra has more faster internet connection than what they have, that's why they've rejected it. They just want to own the whole country for their slow internet connection, their UNLI promos is just a lie. If you're gonna register to the one of their UNLI promos and you've been using a lot of data's which is natural since you have unlimited data but the thing is they will going to limit it. It ridiculous right?, I think it's better if they will just gonna change those UNLISURF promos that they have. It's a LIE.
doomistake (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:32:58 PM

I really wish meron. Sobrang bagal talaga ng internet sa atin. Bakit ba ganyan!?

The only reason for that is that we only have one ISP here in our country which is the PLDT. Well I mean it is the one that has bigger area that they are supplying their service here in the Philippines. And since they're supplying almost I think 97 percent of our country, technically they have to divide the data that they will going to supply for every clients that they have and the effect of that is the slow internet connection that we are experiencing in our everyday life and I know it's like hell specially if you really need a fast internet connection that bad. That's why we need someone to help us to get a new ISP which have a fast internet service connection. Telstra will do by the way and I know our president will take an action for it.
vindicare

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:45:37 PM

Yes we need that and my opinion we need too a federalism government system to make a competition to how their can speed up internet for every fedarlism state.
I don't think that federalism is needed to have a competition here in the Philippines its just that they need to change the law that allowing foreign business to own 100% of the company not 50% pinoy 50% foreign.

doomistake (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:28:30 PM

I don't think that federalism is needed to have a competition here in the Philippines its just that they need to change the law that allowing foreign business to own 100% of the company not 50% pinoy 50% foreign.

Yes, they're just too greedy about our money. The monthly bill that their clients are paying doesn't worth it because of their slow poke internet connection. It goes the same to those who are buying load and registering to their "Unlimited" surfing promos which is ironically. If there's only another Internet Service Provider here in our country I bet no one will ever use their service again. I'm very sure of that.
Galer

Activity: 406

FameCoin, Viral Photo sharing on Blockchain

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:58:24 PM

Yes, they're just too greedy about our money. The monthly bill that their clients are paying doesn't worth it because of their slow poke internet connection. It goes the same to those who are buying load and registering to their "Unlimited" surfing promos which is ironically. If there's only another Internet Service Provider here in our country I bet no one will ever use their service again. I'm very sure of that.
If another player enter our country to speed up internet im think and im sure smart,pldt, and globe is the biggest obstruction for the new player.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:05:09 AM

Globe sucks. Nakaka pang init ng ulo connection nila. 4g nga signal ,pero 0.8mbps lng sa speed test.
Globe n lng sna tanggalin nila dito sa pinas.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:05:59 AM

PLDT isn't so bad now with their high speed internet. You can get 50 mbps for less than PHP 3000 per month. Ganun din ang presyo sa ibang bansa, o baka mas mahal pa, except South Korea, kasi Korea pinaka mura. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Meron na rin kalaban sa Globe and some cable companies. Ang problema these high speed services are usually in the better developed areas or cities; where they have installed the infrastructure.

*edit* I'm talking about their wired services. DSL or Cable.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:04:38 AM

PLDT isn't so bad now with their high speed internet. You can get 50 mbps for less than PHP 3000 per month. Ganun din ang presyo sa ibang bansa, o baka mas mahal pa, except South Korea, kasi Korea pinaka mura. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Meron na rin kalaban sa Globe and some cable companies. Ang problema these high speed services are usually in the better developed areas or cities; where they have installed the infrastructure.

Yes that's right, in New York internet is about P5,000.

I think that other countries have better internet basically because the people can afford paying 5,000 a month for it.

The cost of living sure is a factor.

If companies can see that people can afford what they have to offer, I'm sure many ISP's would push entering our market
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:19:58 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 11:38:02 PM by bitcoin31

Pldt gamit ko po ngayong internet connection dito sa Bahay.
Ayos naman and connection young avail ay 699 pesos per month.
vindicare

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:02:05 AM

If another player enter our country to speed up internet im think and im sure smart,pldt, and globe is the biggest obstruction for the new player.
They just need to open up the competition by passing a bill that our country is open for foreign companies specializing in internet services and making the internet a basic need by law and if some ISP like our local here don't give us good service then they need to be penalize for their incompetency KASO sinabi nung head ng dotc ata yun not sure anong exact department pero inappoint ni digong yun ang sabi ba naman e sa asia maganda daw yung internet natin naku po! hahaha kinain na siya ng systema.

Di ako sure kung may impact yung pag pipirma ng mga petition dito sa pinas kung nakakarating ba talaga sa presidente natin yun but kung may alam naman kayong naging successful inform niyo kame dito at makahanap/makastart tayo ng petition at ikalat natin dito sa internet ng gumanda man lang Esports journey ng pinas at para narin sa mga online business.
vindicare

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:05:59 AM

Pldt gamut kp ngayong internet connection dito sa Bahay.
Ayos naman and connection young avail ay 699 pesos per month.
ilan speed nyan boss? wala na yang landline? yan ba yung dsl? balak ko kasing tumawag sa pldt na mag inquire kelan sila mag seservice dito sa area namin kasi napaka hina ng globe at bayantel nakaka buryo na kapag naglalaro ng dota sobrang lag.
JonSnow666

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:30:56 AM

Do you guys have recommendation for internet subscription, were planning to avail internet connection in our dormitory(we're in different rooms) unfortunately the location of our dorm is far from the last pldt subscriber (direct line). We're thinking about globe modem then sharing for maximum 5 users but i think that is too slow connection.

My question: Is there any pldt promos (preferably wifi, no direct line since the last pldt subscriber is far from our dorm) that can accommodate our case?
doomistake (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:43:50 PM

Maybe the 50 mbps that you were saying can be possible if you're the only one using the Internet but what if there's so many users like for example in your house and 5 of you are using the internet this 50 mbps will just gonna be 10 mbps or something lower, well it still depends on how do you use your internet because most of us like to surf in youtube channels which consume more data than just browsing facebook or twitter. But I don't believe in their 50 mbps thingy because the computer shop near in our dorm has the same service which is they are paying about I think 4K per month if I'm not wrong and the connection is really bad, but I think it still depends on the area that you're living, anyways it's just my comments about their services. Sometimes their internet is fast sometimes it's is really that slow.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:30:55 PM

Maybe the 50 mbps that you were saying can be possible ...

The 50 mbps is the download speed of what you are paying for. Syempre pag isang daan kayo sabay sabaw nag download, eh lahat kayo kalahating mbps lang. Ganun talaga.
vindicare

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 01:33:52 PM

But I don't believe in their 50 mbps thingy because the computer shop near in our dorm has the same service which is they are paying about I think 4K per month if I'm not wrong and the connection is really bad
I think that if you get a 50 mbps plan you will just get 80% of the plan you payed for so if I'm not wrong with my calculation you will just get 40ish mbps after the installation . You will just get 40+ mbps when other users are sleeping or the connection is smooth and it will have a sudden burst. Yung sa shop is maraming factor syempre kung mumurahin yung mga wires makaka affect talaga yun kung ako papapiliin is i-didivide ko yung plan to 10mbps each bale 1mbps for every computer or depende sa dame ng computers.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 01:39:41 PM

Telstra n lng talaga pag asa natin para bumilis naman internet natin dito sa pinas,pero need natin maghintay ng mahigit 5 years para matapos ang pagpapatayo ng mga tower nila.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: