Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2018, 03:33:34 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ?  (Read 26959 times)
sheenshane

Activity: 392
Merit: 131

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:00:27 PM

so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?
All depends on the country you live because there are country where bitcoin are not accepted and there are countries where bitcoin and other crypto currency are accepted. So, if you live in a countries where bitcoin and altcoins are accepted you are expected to pay tax from your earning.
If we pay tax on bitcoin it is a really small amount for us, when we cash out our bitcoin and convert to cash we already have a tax payment when we claim at any remittance center at our country. Legalization of bitcoin is upon on which country you are but why you are bothered about bitcoin legalization? Bitcoin is decentralized and as a user, we have our own network and technology that nobody other people involve on this bitcoin to manipulate us.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uno17

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:05:49 PM

For now let us just enjoy the bitcoin while it is taxfree, and for me i think bitcoin should not be taxed then because the government of each country didn’t acknowledge bitcoin yet but when time comes that the government will impose tax on bitcoin of course all we have to do is obey and follow whatever implemented. So for now no yet pls😊 but in the future let’s see what’s gonna happen😊

Edraket31

Activity: 924
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:46:35 PM

For now let us just enjoy the bitcoin while it is taxfree, and for me i think bitcoin should not be taxed then because the government of each country didn’t acknowledge bitcoin yet but when time comes that the government will impose tax on bitcoin of course all we have to do is obey and follow whatever implemented. So for now no yet pls😊 but in the future let’s see what’s gonna happen😊
It is fine to pay tax in bitcoin when necessary because it will be an added income to our government and can reflect a  good economy over the world, so it is okay for me for as long as it will not exceed to 10% and the thing that they will just tax is the income from trading.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:01:46 PM

Different counties diferent rules,but mostly you dont have to pay taxes on bitcoin. The other thing is if you sell your bitcoin for your local currency and you transfer that money to your bank account than you most probably have to pay taxes. 12 percent on capital gains in my country,Croatia.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
btcmegastar

Activity: 336

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:10:31 AM

For now let us just enjoy the bitcoin while it is taxfree, and for me i think bitcoin should not be taxed then because the government of each country didn’t acknowledge bitcoin yet but when time comes that the government will impose tax on bitcoin, of course, all we have to do is obey and follow whatever implemented. So for now no yet pls😊 but in the future let’s see what’s gonna happen😊
It is fine to pay tax in bitcoin when necessary because it will be an added income to our government and can reflect a  good economy over the world, so it is okay for me for as long as it will not exceed to 10% and the thing that they will just tax is the income from trading.

It depends on the present government whether they will use tax for economic growth, they are collecting huge taxes but when it comes growth they are mentioning they are quarreling about the previous governments. Economic growth will not depends on paying taxes, government should provide benefits to people.

budz0425

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The OEL Blockchain Ecosystem for Supply Chains

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:47:19 AM

For now let us just enjoy the bitcoin while it is taxfree, and for me i think bitcoin should not be taxed then because the government of each country didn’t acknowledge bitcoin yet but when time comes that the government will impose tax on bitcoin, of course, all we have to do is obey and follow whatever implemented. So for now no yet pls😊 but in the future let’s see what’s gonna happen😊

It depends on the present government whether they will use tax for economic growth, they are collecting huge taxes but when it comes growth they are mentioning they are quarreling about the previous governments. Economic growth will not depends on paying taxes, government should provide benefits to people.
If it is required then you have to follow the rules, even if your country was not too strict in searching for those tax evaders it is right to initiate to pay your taxes rather than paying nothing at all and after you  have been found out that you are escaping it then that is the time you'll gonna pay with damages and it will cause you much burden.

crisanto01

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:04:01 PM

If it is required then you have to follow the rules, even if your country was not too strict in searching for those tax evaders it is right to initiate to pay your taxes rather than paying nothing at all and after you  have been found out that you are escaping it then that is the time you'll gonna pay with damages and it will cause you much burden.
That is right, it is our national obligation to pay tax when required and necessary and if we don't follow the rules of our country then a big risk will be awaiting to us so it is better that at the beginning you are following the rules rather than the police or the tax collector will follow you.

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Everything that makes you vital

████████████  █████  WHITEPAPER  █████  ████████████
███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
▄▄███████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███           ▀███
███            ███
███   ▄█████▄  ███
███  ███▀▀▀████▄▀
███  ██     ▄▀███▄
███  ███▄▄▄███ ▀███▄
███   ▀█████▀    ▀███
███               ███
███              ▄███
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
 ▀▀██████████████▀▀
BitVit███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
Wong Kalong

Activity: 206
Merit: 10

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:07:34 AM

so I wanna know do I really have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do I have to care about any legal action by gov on my bitcoin property?
Pay or not it depends on your country. If indeed in your country are required to pay tax on Bitcoin yes you have to pay. But if in your country the Government does not issue any regulation about Bitcoin, yes you do not need to pay taxes. So whether in your country Bitcoin has been legalized?

alinda

Activity: 892
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:32:05 PM

Most of the countries are yet to form a regulatory body when it comes to cryptocurrency and ico's but when it comes to tax, they do come up with an early solution for this.Decentralized currencies need to have a decentralized land free of crypto tax Wink

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Fantastic33

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:13:33 PM

Bitcoin doesnt have a tax, but there are fees that you need to pay when making any transactions such as when you wanted to convert your btc to fiat, or you want to cash out some of your bitcoins. Like here in the philippines, the bureau of internal revenue has not yet issued clear guidelines on tax treatment on bitcoin transactions. But i think one day they may impose tax on those who gain huge profit from bitcoins.
1jaffa1

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:26:44 PM

Bitcoin is not an official currency. That is, most countries still require you to pay income taxes, sales, payroll, and capital gains tax on anything that has value including bitcoin. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with any other tax and legal rules or policies issued by your government and / or policy makers in your area.
brontosaurus

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:52:50 PM

so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?
Dude, I think you forgot to mention a very important particular about yourself!! Which country are you from!!??

The policies, laws, rules and regulations are different in every country and taxation on bitcoin is a part of the governmental policy. These policies regarding taxation on bitcoin are not uniform throughout the world. So you may confirm this whether your bitcoin transactions in your country attract taxation.
maarx

Activity: 854
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:07:59 PM

I would be happy to pay the tax to my government if they accept bitcoin. Its not yet announced either as legal or illegal. It seems talk is going on creating its own crypto currency along with other business man creating his own crypto currency forming a team under his own son and working on it. I wish the government should take a quick decision to adapt bitcoin to growth its economy as well provide employment to its citizens.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
DeadCoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:04:19 PM

I would be happy to pay the tax to my government if they accept bitcoin. Its not yet announced either as legal or illegal. It seems talk is going on creating its own crypto currency along with other business man creating his own crypto currency forming a team under his own son and working on it. I wish the government should take a quick decision to adapt bitcoin to growth its economy as well provide employment to its citizens.

If your government permits then yes it's necessary to pay tax on bitcoin.  Good move.  It's at last the government who decides upon its citizens' growth. And yes they know when and where to get things done.  So better pay the tax for what's earned.  This would enrich the country as well as the citizens.

▄███▄
                ███████░
               █████████▄
              ████████████
             ███████████▓▓▓░
            ███████████▓▓▓▓▓
          ░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░
         ░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
        ░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░
       ░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░
      ░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░███████████▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
........PayPal of Cryptocurrencies.......
Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████ Invest Now  ████
     ▄████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████████████████▌
    ████████████████▀▀ ---¬█████
    ███████████████        █████
    ██████████████    ▄▄▄▄▄█████
    ██████████████    ▀█████████
    ██████████▌            █████
    ██████████▌            █████
    ██████████████    ██████████
    ▐█████████████    █████████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌

██▄▄             ▄███▄
    ███████▄        ▄████████▄▄
    ██████████     ████████████▌
    ███████████▄ ▄████████████░░
    ████████████████████████░░░░
    ███████████████████████░░░░░
    █████████████████████░░░░░░░
    █████████   ▀▀███████░░░░░░░
    █████████        ▀░░░░░░░░░░
       ▀▀████             ░░░░░░
           ▀▀                 ░░
Irvinn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

We need to know the legislation of our country in relation to the crypto currency, including whether it is necessary to pay taxes for its use and, if so, in what cases and in what amounts. Usually for tax evasion, if the amount of unpaid amount is large, criminal liability is established. Therefore, everyone has to decide whether to pay taxes and quietly sleep, or not to pay and be under pain of criminal prosecution.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM...
Spaffin

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:19:43 AM

To pay or not to pay taxes for crypto currency, under what circumstances and in what amount, depends on the country of your residence. Each state establishes its own rules and its size of payment of taxes and it is impossible to discuss anything here without knowing the country of your residence. However, if the state introduces a profit tax on operations with crypto currency or a capital gains tax from the fact that the current currency of your crypto currency has grown in value over the past year, then such a tax will still have to be paid if you do not want to live under the fear of criminal responsibility for tax evasion.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰
btcmegastar

Activity: 336

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:44:59 AM

Everything depends on the country you are living because of some governments still, not accepting Bitcoin as the payment option. So even though if you taxes on returns will comfortable because you will be in safe hands when they start legalising the Bitcoin.

tactac

Activity: 238
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:36:49 AM

In Japan, we have to pay tax in the following cases.
① in case of profit by trading
② in case of profit due to purchase goods by crypto currency
③ in case of profit due to swap cryptocurrency to anothercrypto currency
④ mining
tax rate is 15%~55%!

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
crisanto01

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:17:16 AM

Since here in our country we are not required as our government does not mandated law yet regarding taxing bitcoin or cryptocurrency, so we are not obliged and we don't have an obligation in doing it, but if our law will require as to do it, then I would be  happy to do it.

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
Everything that makes you vital

████████████  █████  WHITEPAPER  █████  ████████████
███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
▄▄███████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███           ▀███
███            ███
███   ▄█████▄  ███
███  ███▀▀▀████▄▀
███  ██     ▄▀███▄
███  ███▄▄▄███ ▀███▄
███   ▀█████▀    ▀███
███               ███
███              ▄███
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
 ▀▀██████████████▀▀
BitVit███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███

███  ███  ███
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:59:28 PM

I'm lucky that we don't have those laws regarding with crypto earnings yet so I'm still free to encash as always without worrying any authority to come knocking at my door and oblige me to pay my taxes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.