Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:44:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling pretty SOL right now...any help is greatly appreciated...Electrum wallet  (Read 387 times)
throwaway201 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:57:21 PM

So I have a little over 3 BTC in an Electrum Wallet that I thought was the one that I set up when I installed the software. Apparently, there was a default wallet as well, and the BTC was sent to that one. When I try to send the coin from the default wallet, it prompts me for a password, which I never had created. I have the password for the wallet I created when I installed the software, along with it's seed, but that's it. I'm really concerned that the BTC is gone, as I never made made a password for this wallet. I was under the impression that there was only one wallet with Electrum, but apparently the default installs when the software is installed.

Sorry for the rambling, but is there absolutely anything I can do here to recover the BTC? It's quite a bit of money, so I'm extremely concerned.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 01:59:37 AM

You have the seed. Make a new wallet and restore from the seed.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:21:08 PM

You have the seed. Make a new wallet and restore from the seed.

From what I understand from his story he has the seed and password for the wallet that the coins are not in and he is now looking for a way to enter the default wallet. Maybe TS did not write down anything from the dafault wallet, went on to create a new wallet and saved that information, only to send coins to the default wallet of which the info was not saved.

TS, Did you try to see if the password and seed open or recover the file? (you probably did this)

Otherwise the only thing that you may be able to do is try all of the passwords you used in the past, perhaps you entered that one there. Do you write the stuff down somewhere? Maybe you also wrote the default wallet stuff down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: