Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]
  Print  
Author Topic: The danger of the cyptocurrencies  (Read 45128 times)
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:53:16 PM

What I'm afraid most is when we have to keep our all money in the computer system,  then we have to be ready for losing the whole money we have. In cryptocurrency world,  once we lose our money,  we will never get them back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:05:12 PM

You are probably aware of the recent news about removing the fiat money for good and building up the cashless world.

Have you thought that bitcoin maybe the first step of this utopia? What if CIA behind this project? Would you still keep your money as bitcoins? Would you trust them? Do we know who the hell is Satoshi Nakamoto? I suure don't.

There is one big danger ahead. If the paper money gets removed, you will have no choice but to accept to get paid in crypto currencies. And to the big point:

If you keep your money in a goddamn computer, the government can rip you off instantly if they wanted it. I am not saying they aren't doing that already as most of us are keeping *our wealth in the banks. But cryptos will make their jobs easier. Much easier.

What if bitcoin price rises to 1.000.000$ and gold and USD become literally worthless? That's when bitcoin will be the world currency, and people gonna realise that gold is just a stone, USD is just a toilet paper.

Your won't have another choice but to store your money only in crypto, because the other choices will be worthless!

I am not sure if that's a good thing. Being dependent so much on computers just scares me.

This might happen because the demand to cryptocurrency is increasing. And from my opinion, cryptocurrency is more practical especially that our society is now changing into a more technology dependent world. The Sci-Fi films we once just watches in the movie might be not that far from the current year. With the progressive technology we have, cryptocurrency will be seen as the financial medium in that futuristic society.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:21:28 PM

What I'm afraid most is when we have to keep our all money in the computer system,  then we have to be ready for losing the whole money we have. In cryptocurrency world,  once we lose our money,  we will never get them back.

some clauses have been offered, included in the hardwallet sales package, the computer is not a safe place for our assets so there needs to be something optional, it looks very dangerous but everything is based on personal responsibility, but there are many things we can do to fortify it .
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:59:17 PM

You are probably aware of the recent news about removing the fiat money for good and building up the cashless world.

Have you thought that bitcoin maybe the first step of this utopia? What if CIA behind this project? Would you still keep your money as bitcoins? Would you trust them? Do we know who the hell is Satoshi Nakamoto? I suure don't.

There is one big danger ahead. If the paper money gets removed, you will have no choice but to accept to get paid in crypto currencies. And to the big point:

If you keep your money in a goddamn computer, the government can rip you off instantly if they wanted it. I am not saying they aren't doing that already as most of us are keeping *our wealth in the banks. But cryptos will make their jobs easier. Much easier.

What if bitcoin price rises to 1.000.000$ and gold and USD become literally worthless? That's when bitcoin will be the world currency, and people gonna realise that gold is just a stone, USD is just a toilet paper.

Your won't have another choice but to store your money only in crypto, because the other choices will be worthless!

I am not sure if that's a good thing. Being dependent so much on computers just scares me.
You have a point there but as no one controls the cryptocurrency its hard to replace fiat and gold,its user don't just depend on the existence of cryptocurrencies but rather used it as an alternative way of earning.Altcoins and bitcoins only depends on the demand,it increases its value if the demand will rise up,and now that bitcoin has gone deeper and slowly rising up its as good as saying its consistency in the market is not permanent and it will never stable.So far bitcoins trust ratings wil never  stabilizes so i think your fears is just too far to happen.

fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:47:19 AM

Some of the dangers of cryptocurrencies is that many are run by scam devs and sites, not the cryptocurrencies itself.
Cryptocurrencies is decentralized and no one has control of it. Government can't take control over it because they have no base regulations for it.
IMO, people should start to believe and use cryptocurrencies because cryptocurrencies have so much potential as digital currency in future.

Talking about the limitations of Bitcoins, one of the primary disadvantages is that it untraceable. Thus, people are using it for illegal activities, which is a big issue for governments all over the world. Thus, some of the countries have already banned Bitcoins in their countries.

However, in my opinion, we should compare both the advantages and limitations before making a decision related to bitcoins legality in a country. If 100 people are using this medium for genuine investment and 1 guy is misusing it, decision should be in favor of bitcoins .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]
  Print  

Jump to: