Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: waves is becoming more professional!!  (Read 1758 times)
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:56:42 AM

Waves may be becoming more professional but it still lacks the most important ingredient in a cyptocoin platform. Running full nodes that validate the transactions. What will looking "more professional" give you if you do not have a running blockchain?

I guess they have learned the lessons from Ethereum/DAO and are not trying to run before they can walk. Most serious investors and partners prefer that approach.

That is what a bagholder would say. My speculation is that they cannot make the Scorex code base run correctly in practice. The proper way for an ICO is to have a proof of concept like Ethereum did. Did Waves have a Proof of Concept before they started their ICO?

And what bag-holdings inform your 'speculation'?  Cheesy
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:43:22 PM

Sweet right on Chemist.. when is the pre-pre-pre-pre-Sale ?
and when is the topic lock + dump ?
I of course want to make sure i support dump my coins in time.
oh wait.. what is it ?
ahhh never mind i don't care LOL
PROFIT ME NOW !
I got WEED.. Twizzlers/Skittles, Longboards & SkinnyJeans and FlatBrim hats to buy dammit !
I gotta go guys.. i just heard the lunch bell go off Sad
(cya after school business pro's)
PS:
I am writing me fancy ass "white paper" from under the desk so my teacher does not see it.
smart contractz yo ..up in this bitch bruh !

The price on the markets is at ico price or slightly below. Anyone can buy and participate in this great open source project. Spoetnik aren't you a coder? If you really are I know that you'd love the Scorex framework and what is being coded there right now.

p.s. regarding the smart contracts I read the following (https://blog.wavesplatform.com/faq-7664c1d1b1bf#.rb4n3hwiv):
Q: What is the difference between Waves and Ethereum?
A: We are just the opposite to Ethereum probably. What they do is develop Bitcoin scripting, do everything using contracts, it’s very fundamental but makes certain things very complicated. We took another road, where things are simpler, very easy to add all functionality you need using plug-ins, don’t have to code complicated contracts. Also our focus is on mass adoption, we’re specifically target two markets : fiat transfers on blockchain and crowdfunding on blockchain. They are very ripe for disruption, and we’ll be offering a product for a very general audience, basically the main end-user client is just a plugin you can install from Chrome or FF store

Translation, scorex isn't production ready and might never be. Yet millions were given to a team to develop this. A team quite different from the hoskinson team who invented it. Did hoskinson team ask for millions? Nope.

One can only conclude that this is a money grab
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 03:00:59 PM

The decision to go with Scorex was wrong, I said it when the issue of full nodes release was pissing investors off with the double talk by Sasha that even Charles Hoskinson said that Scorex was only develop for research pruposes but someone was arguing with me about the statement. I hope Waves team is able to make it work for commercial purpose which will be great for them but for now we are just hoping.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1456

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:03:31 AM

I have a theory. The reason why Waves got millions in their ICO is because the might have taken a loan or maybe they have a few reach insiders backing them. This is nothing new in the ICOs in the cryptosphere. In fact it was already known that Ethereum was backed by Vitalik's dad and a few friends and insiders.

Ethereum was a success for those backers because maybe they have already cashed out some ETH for a healthy profit on their investment plus some ETH left over and they are still holding it. Waves did not go on a big rise in price so now the investors might be desperate and are now planning an exit plan. This will surely involve a pump and it is anybody's guess where they will dump.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:09:16 AM

I knew that Waves was the most promising technology after Ethereum, so that's why I invested on Day One. I'm happy that I was right (again) Grin !

How do you know you are right. It seems that the wave is not listed in the Polnoiex exchange. Is it listed?
Well... It is just still analysis and every body can make it, so it is not needs list although mostly of analysis tecnical or fundamental needs data. But there are not valid rules for making prediction of price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: