Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: shojayxt scammed for 0.15 BTC  (Read 718 times)
DigitalCurrencyinvestors (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:39:54 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=248430

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

ok we can do it in two transactions. i dont mind paying first given your account.

please send your public key or account number

Hello,

Tow txs is fine,
pubkey:
Code:
3Ghhbos2AFPKzpTVtRyY5ABLxBsKiFuD4Zw3oGfyRTYUNk8L9qsWPmyR3C1nr1RBiCcvtYo4yUUtdADHq1EuEgQ2Lvd5nkt3JxeCYA

Please send me your BTC address

2 mins just gathering my coins in one account, do you have account number,

Use this one better:
Code:
3Ghhbovsu6uSfqgpa9S8L55y9foJdQx9gHVxnFTSAgttTmTecVrYdJ5hPjdLyPqTNZDSh7DTSR7mn9sXBp4dk5UEFxqM7fGPZh9cLU

account:
Code:
66485-43

ive sent 5000

1D3YnwXHgTrZZUBpNPH9PfJgvd3PXcLQ4q

0.15btc to this address

il send the next batch after the payment

you should see it in 2 mins in your wallet

BTC sent
TxID:
  c947883ee800502c47db1d154fd49e076deee686fd4736c32730aa74c9a50d07

did you receive the second 5000

yes received, blockchain wallet is down ! https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/

Do you want me to return the 5000 or wait for blockchain ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:42:45 AM

a bit TL;DR for me, could you possibly use the scam report format?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0

Also, you do realise blockchain.info did have a problem yesterday, they were down for about 8 hours IIRC... Maybe the other party really did have a problem getting access to his/her funds.

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:49:26 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 03:31:55 PM by DigitalCurrencyinvestors

What happened::
i opened a trade with shojayxt

to sell 15000 pascal coins valued at 0.45btc. i started selling in installments. sent first payment went through fine. got btc,

second 5000 was sent but at this moment the bitcoin wallet site went down and it was actually down so he couldnt send me coins. he offered to send coins back but i said no considering his rep and his account is worth more than 0.15btc.

its been48 hours no reply to messages and he has been online yesterday twice.

il still give him benefit of the doubt as it seems unlikely but just posting in scam thread until it ressolved

i have asked for my coins to be returned

Scammers Profile Link:

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1638517.0

Amount Scammed: 0.15 BTC/$95.32
Payment Method: Bitcoins
Proof of Payment:
payment sent to account 66485-43 from account 3535-31

PM/Chat Logs:
Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved, would be great to leave negative feedback just so it dont happen to anyone else if he did scammed.

again blockchain did go down, but he should have contacted me by now he was online twice.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:53:41 AM

I just looked at the trust page of the user you're refering to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=248430

This user's password was reset recently.

This user's email address was changed recently.

There's a possibility his account was hacked, altough this is only an assumption, not proof...

I'll leave it to the DT members to read this topic, and maybe put a warning on this member's trustpage if they believe your scam report...

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:55:26 AM

I just looked at the trust page of the user you're refering to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=248430

This user's password was reset recently.

This user's email address was changed recently.

There's a possibility his account was hacked, altough this is only an assumption, not proof...

I'll leave it to the DT members to read this topic, and maybe put a warning on this member's trustpage if they believe your scam report...

yes could be but he can create another account to let me know. coins have not been moved

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:49:04 PM

can someone review this and leave the user negative feedback
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 03:16:31 PM

Why are you adding a screenshot of chat log that doesn't relates to scam accusation. The chat log screenshot you included is 3 years old lol  Grin

Please add a new one supporting this scam accusation.

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 03:31:08 PM

Why are you adding a screenshot of chat log that doesn't relates to scam accusation. The chat log screenshot you included is 3 years old lol  Grin

Please add a new one supporting this scam accusation.

didnt see that

this screenshot shows payment from my account to his account as he has stated in his pm 66485-43

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:26:27 PM

could some high ranking member review this
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:57:27 PM

Unfortunately not.A high ranking member that is a DT has already tagged his account red,that's the maximum they can do.You're expecting them to talk to the scammer and ask him to pay you your coins ? Doesn't work out like that in the free world.Hey I've good news,if he had bought the account,he probably lost around 0.20-0.30 bitcoins.Unfortunately,I think the account was hacked.Be smart and use an escrow.This is the 10000th time I've used the word escrow in the following section.
ShojayxtAuthentic

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:28:47 PM

ok we can do it in two transactions. i dont mind paying first given your account.

please send your public key or account number

Hello,

Tow txs is fine,
pubkey:
Code:
3Ghhbos2AFPKzpTVtRyY5ABLxBsKiFuD4Zw3oGfyRTYUNk8L9qsWPmyR3C1nr1RBiCcvtYo4yUUtdADHq1EuEgQ2Lvd5nkt3JxeCYA

Please send me your BTC address

2 mins just gathering my coins in one account, do you have account number,

Use this one better:
Code:
3Ghhbovsu6uSfqgpa9S8L55y9foJdQx9gHVxnFTSAgttTmTecVrYdJ5hPjdLyPqTNZDSh7DTSR7mn9sXBp4dk5UEFxqM7fGPZh9cLU

account:
Code:
66485-43

ive sent 5000

1D3YnwXHgTrZZUBpNPH9PfJgvd3PXcLQ4q

0.15btc to this address

il send the next batch after the payment

you should see it in 2 mins in your wallet

BTC sent
TxID:
  c947883ee800502c47db1d154fd49e076deee686fd4736c32730aa74c9a50d07

did you receive the second 5000

yes received, blockchain wallet is down ! https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/

Do you want me to return the 5000 or wait for blockchain ?

My account was hacked.  I contracted a virus and afterwards I was unable to login to my account.  I sent a message to an administrator to see what what recourse I had to recover my account.  Here is the response I received:

Is there any way to get control of my account back?  I either changed my password and forgot it or I have had my account hacked.  I'm leaning towards being hacked since I had a virus about a week ago.  I changed all my passwords but I forgot to change my secret question.  It's 50/50 with whatever happened.

My username was shojayxt and it had Legendary account status.  I have control of the email account that I used to create it originally.  Its shojayxt@gmail.com and I have and am willing to forward emails from the past to pove that I was in control of the user account.  If there is nothing that you can do for me please at least let me know so I can make a post informing Bitcointalk users that the user "Shojayxt" has been compromised and not to deal with that user.  It's a Legendary account and some people might take that as a reason to trust and i don't want to see anyone scammed.

Thanks
Sorry for the late response (intense IRL week). Here are my suggestions:

1) If you haven't already, use the "Forgot your password?" feature (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reminder). If your email is still intact, you should recover your account rather quickly. DO NOT USE THE SECRET QUESTION FEATURE. Due to the forum getting compromised a while ago, any recovery attempt via the secret question will get your account suspended. Once you retrieve your account, remove both from you account in the "Account Related Settings".

2) If recovery failed, follow the instructions noted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0. To find all addresses you publicly posted, see your post history (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;sa=showPosts).

I was unable to regain control of my account using the prescribed methods and was going to make a post not to trust my previous "shojayxt" account.  I searched for "shojayxt" to see if there had been any activity on my compromised account and I found this thread.  It's unfortunate that you were the victim of the scumbag that hacked my account.  I wish I had made a post sooner informing people of the hacked account. 
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:35:48 PM

My account was hacked.  I contracted a virus and afterwards I was unable to login to my account.  I sent a message to an administrator to see what what recourse I had to recover my account.  Here is the response I received
Why do I feel you're lying? Only after starting a scam accusation and getting your account tagged you realized that it is hacked? You know,you could always change your own email and password,pull a scam,come with a lame excuse to prove it was hacked.How come getting a virus in your computer results in only getting your BTC account hacked ? That has to be a really special virus...  Undecided

I was unable to regain control of my account using the prescribed methods and was going to make a post not to trust my previous "shojayxt" account.  I searched for "shojayxt" to see if there had been any activity on my compromised account and I found this thread.  It's unfortunate that you were the victim of the scumbag that hacked my account.  I wish I had made a post sooner informing people of the hacked account. 
How come all of this is coming out only after the account scammed again ?
ShojayxtAuthentic

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:50:17 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 03:04:35 PM by ShojayxtAuthentic

My account was hacked.  I contracted a virus and afterwards I was unable to login to my account.  I sent a message to an administrator to see what what recourse I had to recover my account.  Here is the response I received
Why do I feel you're lying? Only after starting a scam accusation and getting your account tagged you realized that it is hacked? You know,you could always change your own email and password,pull a scam,come with a lame excuse to prove it was hacked.How come getting a virus in your computer results in only getting your BTC account hacked ? That has to be a really special virus...  Undecided 2FA asshole  2FA is enabled on all my accounts.  BTC doesn't have 2FA capabilities.  Are jerks like you born that way or do you learn it in life?

I was unable to regain control of my account using the prescribed methods and was going to make a post not to trust my previous "shojayxt" account.  I searched for "shojayxt" to see if there had been any activity on my compromised account and I found this thread.  It's unfortunate that you were the victim of the scumbag that hacked my account.  I wish I had made a post sooner informing people of the hacked account.  
How come all of this is coming out only after the account scammed again ?

I sent a message to a mod on October 12th asking if there was a way to regain my account.  

If you don't believe me you can go to hell.  I'm not going to use a legendary account that I had for years to scam someone out of .15 btc you jackass.  I've been through a whole bunch of bullshit changing passwords, wiping my computer, restoring backup, reinstalling apps.  And now I have to worry and monitor all of my accounts for an indefinite amount of time to make sure that other accounts have not been compromised.

It's been a big hassle and if you don't believe me you can think whatever you want.  All I have to say to you is Fuck Off Moron.  

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:37:49 PM

Unfortunately not.A high ranking member that is a DT has already tagged his account red,that's the maximum they can do.You're expecting them to talk to the scammer and ask him to pay you your coins ? Doesn't work out like that in the free world.Hey I've good news,if he had bought the account,he probably lost around 0.20-0.30 bitcoins.Unfortunately,I think the account was hacked.Be smart and use an escrow.This is the 10000th time I've used the word escrow in the following section.

dude are you ok or what? you see anywhere ive asked them to get my btc back. all i wanted was a high ranking member to make the account red. now whether the story is true or not dont care my btc again. just got to be careful in future with accounts which have  changed passwords.

i think the account should be transferred to me now lol

sorry for your loss if your account got hacked
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:48:36 PM

It shouldn't if it was in fact hacked. The only real way to prove that would be to ask an administrator to look into the IP addresses used on the account lately and even then it's not a sure thing. Either way the account won't be transferred into your posetion.

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:03:15 PM

It shouldn't if it was in fact hacked. The only real way to prove that would be to ask an administrator to look into the IP addresses used on the account lately and even then it's not a sure thing. Either way the account won't be transferred into your posetion.

i put a lol at the end, i wasnt being serious
ShojayxtAuthentic

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:13:53 PM

dude are you ok or what? you see anywhere ive asked them to get my btc back. all i wanted was a high ranking member to make the account red. now whether the story is true or not dont care my btc again. just got to be careful in future with accounts which have  changed passwords.

Yes my account got hacked and sorry that you lost some btc.  I made another post stating that the account was hacked and the mods moved it to meta.

Just another word of caution to everyone out there.  YOU CAN NOT TRUST THE RESULTS OF VIRUSTOTAL! 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: