Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 06:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid reusing Litecoin Address  (Read 1526 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:18:07 AM

Adding an option to be anonymous causes too many complications.
It has to be all or nothing in my opinion.
You might as well fork to another currency if you are going to give people an option like that.

I like the analogy that you can't be somewhat pregnant. You either are or you aren't.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:33:26 AM

Adding an option to be anonymous causes too many complications.
It has to be all or nothing in my opinion.
You might as well fork to another currency if you are going to give people an option like that.

I like the analogy that you can't be somewhat pregnant. You either are or you aren't.

Grin
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:15:02 PM

The big argument for "anon" coins will be fungibility

however its a big stretch to say anon improves fungibility  Huh . could be easily argued anon decreases fungibility especially if anon is optional.

Anonymity is a necessary but not sufficient condition for fungibility. If anonymity is optional then as you correctly point out it can actually makes things worse for fungibility.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 02:28:26 AM

For someone who thinks fungibility is still a problem, check a new article that I just wrote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1635845.0

CT and onchain CoinJoin together can give Litecoin really good privacy.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:58:12 AM

Reusing Litecoin addresses reduces privacy. There is an effective way for avoiding that. Suppose your friend gives you an address L already used to send out transaction, and thus its pub key is known, denoted as P.

Then you can generate a new address for him to avoid using the old one following the method below. And only he knows the private key of the new address.

Suppose Litecoin's elliptic curve base point is G. Then you randomly choose a number a, and calculate aG + P, which is the pub key of the new address, and then take HASH160 of the pub key and you get the new address.

After sending Litecoins to the new address, you tell him a. And then he can calculate the new private key as x+a, where x is the private key of the original address L.

The reason is: since the original private key for P is x, i.e. P = xG, the private key for the new address is then x + a, because (x+a)G = P + aG.

Next, I am going to introduce how to use this trick to create a decentralised Litecoin Blockchain based CoinJoin service for Litecoin.

Besides the litecoin Electrum version of the wallet, is there an HD wallet made for litecoins? Your development team should start making one or at least create a code base for the others to continue and to possibly make one.

It is already known that we should not keep using the same address over and over. So why not have an HD wallet and make it more convenient for the users?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 06:59:30 AM

Reusing Litecoin addresses reduces privacy. There is an effective way for avoiding that. Suppose your friend gives you an address L already used to send out transaction, and thus its pub key is known, denoted as P.

Then you can generate a new address for him to avoid using the old one following the method below. And only he knows the private key of the new address.

Suppose Litecoin's elliptic curve base point is G. Then you randomly choose a number a, and calculate aG + P, which is the pub key of the new address, and then take HASH160 of the pub key and you get the new address.

After sending Litecoins to the new address, you tell him a. And then he can calculate the new private key as x+a, where x is the private key of the original address L.

The reason is: since the original private key for P is x, i.e. P = xG, the private key for the new address is then x + a, because (x+a)G = P + aG.

Next, I am going to introduce how to use this trick to create a decentralised Litecoin Blockchain based CoinJoin service for Litecoin.

Besides the litecoin Electrum version of the wallet, is there an HD wallet made for litecoins? Your development team should start making one or at least create a code base for the others to continue and to possibly make one.

It is already known that we should not keep using the same address over and over. So why not have an HD wallet and make it more convenient for the users?

LoafWallet, Jaxx, and soon a few hardware wallets.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: