Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:34:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [BMF] News and Updates.  (Read 391 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:47:12 PM

The truth is that, when a company fails to sell out an IPO it's very hard to put a value on it.  The best you can say for SURE is that it's less than the IPO price (as all demand at that price has been fulfilled already - which is why it hasn't sold out).  I think Ian (and plenty of others) do themselves and their shareholders a disservice by starting off trying to issue too many shares.  Had he only initially issued enough shares for his first rig he'd have sold out already - and the market could begin trying to value his company.   Because he didn't do that, he's placed a ceiling on the price at 0.15 - meaning all remaining demand necessarily has to be below that.

I realize the ipo was totally messed up, if you follow my thread you can see I have tried my best to fix everything Smiley
Sorry Usagi for dragging off topic. Deprived, please continue with me elsewhere.
Got a suggestion to fix the ceiling while allowing me to still raise funds and grow, I would love you to hit my inbox with it, or post in my thread.
I am open to reworking almost anything, just gotta work it out in the thread with the shareholders, they help me evolve and get better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: