Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [GLBSE] [Bakewell] - New contract now live @ glbse!  (Read 410 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:03:43 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 12:14:35 AM by ianbakewell

Hello Carnth,

Thank you for raising your concerns. I specifically mentioned using 7970's because I want people to know that I am not investing in fpga
I wanted to be sure to mention the 7970's as they will retain the resale value much more than fpga and other gpu (5970/6990's) once asic hit the market
This is a competitive advantage BAKEWELL has over other mining offerings and I wanted to hilight it.

As for BFL, I probably should have used a generic sentence and only pursued acquiring a set hashrate as you laid out.
I mentioned BFL because they are currently the best branded industry standard for that tech.
I do realize the downfalls of doing business with them (long wait times, have been off spec in the past, etc)
I included this in the contract specifically to address that:

*Reserve the option of purchasing equivalent ASIC technology from a BFL competitor should that become a better option for us

I hope this helps you understand my thinking when I wrote the new contract.

As for the spreadsheet idea; I plan on implementing that shortly. It'll give me a reason to finally use my google blog. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: