Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Proposed removal of Matthew N Wright from forum staff.  (Read 1692 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:25:19 AM

I will admit Matthew and I are similar in some ways but I have a stronger value system than he does. Integrity, if you will. His respect for other people is rather shallow. His love goes only as far as the power he has over someone.

I am not going to lambaste this trait since it is so common in the power structures of today's society. Whether people can live happily treating people this way is beyond me. I certainly cannot.

Matthew wants servants in his life. He admires servitude, compliance and an ear that listens to him. I admire autonomous and free human beings. I admire the spontaneous and unique nature that comes from the individual and the ego.

To each his own. 
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:29:49 AM

I will admit Matthew and I are similar in some ways but I have a stronger value system than he does. Integrity, if you will. His respect for other people is rather shallow. His love goes only as far as the power he has over someone.

I am not going to lambaste this trait since it is so common in the power structures of today's society. Whether people can live happily treating people this way is beyond me. I certainly cannot.

Matthew wants servants in his life. He admires servitude, compliance and an ear that listens to him. I admire autonomous and free human beings. I admire the spontaneous and unique nature that comes from the individual and the ego.

To each his own. 

You're kidding, right?  You have no integrity at all.  You ran a script that stole CPU cycles from visitors to your website to mine bitcoins for you without their knowledge.  You then defended it because you only stole a little money, and anything you steal under 25 cents is fine.  You cannot even see how the very act of theft itself is wrong and makes you dishonest and unreliable.

Every time you get called out for some half-assed idea you bail on (which you also refuse to acknowledge.  Where's the Woolong Device prototype?), you delete all your posts and change your name, trying to pass as something nuts like a retired horse trader.  You refuse to take responsibility for anything you do, preferring to hide and attempt to pass yourself off as something you're not.

You're a liar, a thief, and are unfathomably dishonest.  Then you have the gall to turn up here and talk about all the integrity you have?  Answer for something at least once in your life and address all the above.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:32:45 AM

To each his own.  

You're kidding, right?  You have no integrity at all.  You ran a script that stole CPU cycles from visitors to your website to mine bitcoins for you without their knowledge.  You then defended it because you only stole a little money, and anything you steal under 25 cents is fine.  You cannot even see how the very act of theft itself is wrong and makes you dishonest and unreliable.

Every time you get called out for some half-assed idea you bail on (which you also refuse to acknowledge.  Where's the Woolong Device prototype?), you delete all your posts and change your name, trying to pass as something nuts like a retired horse trader.  You refuse to take responsibility for anything you do, preferring to hide and attempt to pass yourself off as something you're not.

You're a liar, a thief, and are unfathomably dishonest.  Then you have the gall to turn up here and talk about all the integrity you have?  Answer for something at least once in your life and address all the above.
I have no desire to argue about javascript and other technologies with you.

Reverence for dogma and claims of social authority are not in my value system. My integrity lies in the uncompromisable respect for my own desires, morality and love for life.  

The ghosts, spirits and other religious propaganda your integrity calls for are not of my cause and will never be. Don't waste your time, my friend.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:36:00 AM

To each his own.  

You're kidding, right?  You have no integrity at all.  You ran a script that stole CPU cycles from visitors to your website to mine bitcoins for you without their knowledge.  You then defended it because you only stole a little money, and anything you steal under 25 cents is fine.  You cannot even see how the very act of theft itself is wrong and makes you dishonest and unreliable.

Every time you get called out for some half-assed idea you bail on (which you also refuse to acknowledge.  Where's the Woolong Device prototype?), you delete all your posts and change your name, trying to pass as something nuts like a retired horse trader.  You refuse to take responsibility for anything you do, preferring to hide and attempt to pass yourself off as something you're not.

You're a liar, a thief, and are unfathomably dishonest.  Then you have the gall to turn up here and talk about all the integrity you have?  Answer for something at least once in your life and address all the above.

Reverence for dogma and claims of social authority are not in my value system. My integrity lies in the uncompromisable respect for my own desires, morality and love for life.  

The spooks your integrity calls for are not of my cause and will never be. Don't waste your time, my friend.

I don't know what's going on, but this is funny stuff
TheBible

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:38:35 AM

To each his own.  

The spooks your integrity calls for are not of my cause and will never be. Don't waste your time, my friend.
I don't know what's going on, but this is funny stuff.

This is classic Atlas.  He defines his own morality, and expects others to respect that.  If he steals from you, too bad, it isn't immoral to him, so it shouldn't be immoral to you.  You can trust him because even if he does steal, he doesn't consider it theft.  Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Atlas, it is more or less universal that people don't trust others who have proven they are willing to steal, particularly if they have no remorse for it. Religious belief has nothing to do with it.

If you want people to trust you, own up to it, and don't do it again.  And finish a project for once.

To clarify for the rest of you, this is Atlas, someone who hopes to do business in your community, stating that in his mind, it is perfectly ok to steal, and has done so in the past, an act for which he refuses to take any responsibility or even acknowledge.
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:38:52 AM

I don't know what's going on, but this is funny stuff

agreed

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:45:14 AM

If you find it abhorrent that I have stolen fractions of a penny through a tumblr blog, I ask that you do not do business with me.

Godspeed.
TheBible

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:49:18 AM

If you find it abhorrent that I have stolen fractions of a penny through a tumblr blog, I ask that you do not do business with me.

Godspeed.

I find it abhorrent that your moral values allow you to steal anything at all, and that you refuse to acknowledge it as a moral wrong.  That is a distinct lack of integrity, regardless of whatever magical thinking you live by.

Not that it matters.  No one here takes you the least bit seriously, and you'll never finish any projects anyway, so you won't really get the chance to steal again.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:53:40 AM

Mhmm. Personally, stealing offends my sensibilities, coming from me or others.

I just don't need a Bible, governance or a religion to make me feel that.
TheBible

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:59:06 AM

So why did you do it?  Wasn't it something about the amount not being enough for you to really consider it theft?

Also, you seem to think my username reflects my beliefs.  Believe me, I have no love of the bible.

I've tried this before, but I'll try again.  The value of what you stole is not important.  It is that your moral code allows for it, as long as the value is low enough.  I think you'll find future business partners will not agree.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:01:13 AM

So you admit to stealing peoples computing cycles then, and monetizing them for your own profit ?
TheBible

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:02:42 AM

So you admit to stealing peoples computing cycles then, and monetizing them for your own profit ?

Godspeed.

He does, and suggests that if that offends you, you shouldn't do business with him.  At least he's being honest now.

But don't worry, he only steals small amounts of money.  Nothing wrong with that, right?
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:04:06 AM

So why did you do it?  Wasn't it something about the amount not being enough for you to really consider it theft?

Also, you seem to think my username reflects my beliefs.  Believe me, I have no love of the bible.

I've tried this before, but I'll try again.  The value of what you stole is not important.  It is that your moral code allows for it, as long as the value is low enough.  I think you'll find future business partners will not agree.

It was an experiment that failed. People didn't like the script so I scrapped it. I don't find anything wrong with it but others did and I will respect that.

I was never able to claim the fractions of a cent the script mined. Anyways, the whole thing is overblown.

It's been a pleasure, gentlemen.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:11:21 AM

It was an experiment that failed. People didn't like the script so I scrapped it. I don't find anything wrong with it but others did and I will respect that.

I was never able to claim the fractions of a cent the script mined. Anyways, the whole thing is overblown.

It's been a pleasure, gentlemen.

How much money do you consider it ethical to not steal ? Can you steal $1 ?  $5 ? 

There is no difference between stealing 25c and far greater amounts. None at all.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:11:29 AM

Quote from: Atlas
Personally, stealing offends my sensibilities, coming from me or others.

Seek professional help.

Immediately.
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:20:48 AM

Quote from: Atlas
Personally, stealing offends my sensibilities, coming from me or others.

Seek professional help.

Immediately.

Here's some classic Atlas for your amusement:

I haven't laughed so hard at a satirical depiction of myself in a long time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: