Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay Deleting All Bitcoin Listings  (Read 12429 times)
Legion (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:56:44 PM

See topic. eBay is currently aggressively deleting all Bitcoin listings, claiming that selling them "violates intellectual property and copyright."

Your listing has been removed.

Due to potential violations of copyright and/or trademark laws, we do not allow the sale of online game characters or gaming accounts. This also includes selling virtual items from such games. These games and their content remain the property of the copyright holder and as such cannot be listed on our site except by the copyright holder or their licensee. Please do not relist this item.

We don't let sellers list virtual products such as online game characters, accounts, currency, codes that can be redeemed for in-game items, or related software. This helps protect the people who originally created the products and own the rights to reproduce and sell them.

Here's more information on our policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Query=1337&Domain=Homer_EOA&From=5339

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Pretty disgusting huh?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:04:37 PM

ebay = paypal so it's to be expected Smiley

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
sirj

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:05:33 PM

Outrageous. There's no money like new money.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:05:42 PM

Seriously wtf...
They honestly don't know what bitcoin is about, or "and so it begins" ?

@kwukduck: sadly true

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:07:50 PM

Sell USB sticks that just incidentally have wallet.dat files on them with 100 BTC.  People sell "collectible ammunition boxes" on ebay all the time that just incidentally contain the ammunition.
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:09:02 PM

So, only Satoshi is able to sell bitcoins on ebay?
Legion (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:10:08 PM

So, only Satoshi is able to sell bitcoins on ebay?
Apparently.
SpaceLord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:10:34 PM

Game currency? WTF?
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:10:45 PM

I did a search, and I see 25 listings that are out there, 24 of which seem to be for Bitcoins:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=bitcoins&_sacat=0&_odkw=bitcois&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

So maybe you were just doing something wrong.  Learn from the ones that are being successful.
(or maybe these haven't yet been deleted...)
gene

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:10:55 PM

Yeah, like ebay-pal are going to help chop down their own money tree. I'm surprised it took them this long.

Sell USB sticks that just incidentally have wallet.dat files on them with 100 BTC.  People sell "collectible ammunition boxes" on ebay all the time that just incidentally contain the ammunition.

Interesting.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 06:17:09 PM

sell carrots

Maybe bitbills

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:24:43 PM

What about selling paperclips, with a note containing an e-wallet account or something like that. I mean a small physical object and attached information on how to obtain the bitcoins.

People sell "collectible ammunition boxes" on ebay all the time that just incidentally contain the ammunition.
Wat?!

Game currency?
Wat?!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 06:49:10 PM

I did a search, and I see 25 listings that are out there, 24 of which seem to be for Bitcoins:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=bitcoins&_sacat=0&_odkw=bitcois&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

So maybe you were just doing something wrong.  Learn from the ones that are being successful.
(or maybe these haven't yet been deleted...)

Your competitors report you or anyone you pissed off, or eBay rules followers.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:52:26 PM

DE%TH TO PAYPAL.  Financial dictators  Angry
Id say even worse than uncle gorilla himself.
yeponlyone

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:58:57 PM

What about selling paperclips, with a note containing an e-wallet account or something like that. I mean a small physical object and attached information on how to obtain the bitcoins.

um, what about an online picture of a bunch of numbers that turns out to be a valid keypair?
Adam

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:11:25 PM

Selling anything intangible on ebay is a bad idea to begin with because of the risk of paypal chargebacks.  Even if you pull the selling a flash drive that just happens to contain BTC scheme you still will be unlikely to win any chargeback from a scammer.  Ebay/paypal always side with the buyer in any case and you can bet the person handling the dispute won't bother looking into exactly what bitcoin is before rendering a verdict.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:13:26 PM

Proof? I can't find any record of ammo boxes containing ammunition.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:21:23 PM

Selling anything intangible on ebay is a bad idea to begin with because of the risk of paypal chargebacks.  Even if you pull the selling a flash drive that just happens to contain BTC scheme you still will be unlikely to win any chargeback from a scammer.  Ebay/paypal always side with the buyer in any case and you can bet the person handling the dispute won't bother looking into exactly what bitcoin is before rendering a verdict.

Do you know if it's possible to restrict your listing to high feedback buyers now? That might help stop some of the scamming.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Adam

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:30:07 PM

Do you know if it's possible to restrict your listing to high feedback buyers now? That might help stop some of the scamming.

It still doesn't protect you in the instance where the account of someone with high feedback is phished and used to buy your auctions.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
Astro

Activity: 284

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:33:52 PM

Proof? I can't find any record of ammo boxes containing ammunition.
I'm not going to link you to the auctions because I don't want to get them reported.  I'll just say, you look for people selling "cartridge boxes."  If the prices are unusually high for an empty box with no historical value, you know there's a behind the scenes ammo purchase going on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: