Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:48:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which online investment is good to venture in now?  (Read 1638 times)
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 10:09:50 AM

Lending is risky so is investing into  alt coins as i mentioned before.
Maybe putting into ETF funds would be yield better results.
Anyone have any of these and can comment?

Lending is not risky if you follow the basic things like don't anyone without a proper collateral and the collateral should be as you can easily liquidate and get back your money. If you follow these things properly then you will not make any loss, but if you lend money to someone on trust basis, then chances are there to go loss.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:09:45 PM

Lending is not risky if you follow the basic things like don't anyone without a proper collateral and the collateral should be as you can easily liquidate and get back your money. If you follow these things properly then you will not make any loss, but if you lend money to someone on trust basis, then chances are there to go loss.

I've never been lending out myself (and I never borrowed either), thus I'm curious about the collateral thing. What is usually being taken for it? And if the collateral can be easily sold, why the borrower doesn't sell it himself? He would then get the required funds and would not need to take a loan and pay interest on it at all. I don't quite understand this.

Anyone care to explain?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:43:15 PM

If you are in the U.S. you may be interested in crowd-funding portals. New laws will now allow "unqualified" investors to invest a portion of their money in businesses via portals. There are many portals and many more coming. You can read about this change here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpstart_Our_Business_Startups_Act

In the past you had to be qualified to invest. It was an insulting system that had only one qualification, you must be rich. You must have a million dollars or more and must be able to show that you are likely to earn a million in the next year.  So a poor person with a PhD. in economics is UNQUALIFIED, while a rich person with a third grade education and brain damage is automatically QUALIFIED. The implication is that the poor should work for a living and let the rich live off their labor. Ridiculous.
 Angry

Here is an example of a portal that is still opening: http://www.startupvalley.com/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:56:27 AM

I've never been lending out myself (and I never borrowed either), thus I'm curious about the collateral thing. What is usually being taken for it? And if the collateral can be easily sold, why the borrower doesn't sell it himself? He would then get the required funds and would not need to take a loan and pay interest on it at all. I don't quite understand this.

Anyone care to explain?

Collateral you can put up what you can accept for lending loans. So you need to list the collateral which you can easily sell to recover your money and interest.

Why people take loans? - Because sometimes they may not be able to convert their collateral to cash easily or instantly so they will take the loans with collaterals. But you should remember to lend money lesser than the collateral worth.
tee-rex

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 01:35:39 PM

Anyone care to explain?

Collateral you can put up what you can accept for lending loans. So you need to list the collateral which you can easily sell to recover your money and interest.

Why people take loans? - Because sometimes they may not be able to convert their collateral to cash easily or instantly so they will take the loans with collaterals. But you should remember to lend money lesser than the collateral worth.

And what can be used as a collateral in the Internet? In my opinion, altcoins don't make much sense since the borrower could just exchange them for bitcoins himself, and even more so if the collateral should be worth x times the amount of money borrowed (to make allowance for possible dump of the coins). The only thing that I can come up with right now is a Hero or Legendary Member account here. What other options are available?
darety1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:19:20 AM

Investment is always good if you invest in different projects, so you will never loose all at once.
david chritopheria

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:09:05 PM

steem
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:18:34 PM

If you are in the U.S. you may be interested in crowd-funding portals.

what's the track record with returns on stuff like this? professional vc investors seem perfectly happy to throw hundreds of millions at worthless junk. I dunno if your average little guy has the stomach for something similar.
tee-rex

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:55:39 PM

If you are in the U.S. you may be interested in crowd-funding portals.

what's the track record with returns on stuff like this? professional vc investors seem perfectly happy to throw hundreds of millions at worthless junk. I dunno if your average little guy has the stomach for something similar.

Is it really so or we are just led to believe into such stories? It is presupposed that professional investors should thoroughly investigate a business and evaluate its commercial potential before deciding on making an investment in it. In any case, I don't think they would be acting like reckless gamblers. We can only judge in retrospect whether something is going to end up as worthless junk, after all.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:00:47 PM

Is it really so or we are just led to believe into such stories? It is presupposed that professional investors should thoroughly investigate a business and evaluate its commercial potential before deciding on making an investment in it. In any case, I don't think they would be acting like reckless gamblers. We can only judge in retrospect whether something is going to end up as worthless junk, after all.

i'm talking specifically about tech vc investment. what differentiates that is that very few of their valuations seem to have any relation to actual intrinsic value like revenues and profit. it's pure speculation so no one knows what'll catch and what won't.

they seem to throw as much shit at the wall as possible and hope something sticks. a friend of mine put a bunch of his own money into a bitcoin payment processor. crazily enough it all went up in smoke. I could've told him that for half the money he threw away. 7

i'll guess over or near a billion dollars has been thrown at bitcoin/blockchain companies now. i'll also guess that not one cent of actual profit or return has been generated by any of that money yet. coinbase and circle must be burning millions per year and they're the classiest operations.

real vc investors have decade or more time frames but that's a lot of time for things to fade away or go wrong.
tee-rex

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:11:01 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 05:53:29 PM by tee-rex

i'm talking specifically about tech vc investment. what differentiates that is that very few of their valuations seem to have any relation to actual intrinsic value like revenues and profit. it's pure speculation so no one knows what'll catch and what won't.

they seem to throw as much shit at the wall as possible and hope something sticks. a friend of mine put a bunch of his own money into a bitcoin payment processor. crazily enough it all went up in smoke. I could've told him that for half the money he threw away. 7

it's a bad example but a relevant one, i'll guess over a billion dollars has been thrown at bitcoin/blockchain companies now. i'll also guess that not one cent of actual profit or return has been generated by any of that money yet. coinbase and circle must be burning millions per year and they're the classiest operations.

Is your friend a professional investor who makes his living off his investments? I always thought that investments in high-tech start-up enterprises can be more easily analyzed in respect to their potential success. In my view, such investments are substantially less risky overall than, say, investments in medical and health research or, for example, in a pharmaceutical start-up which aims to develop a new drug, provided adequate due diligence investigations have been conducted, of course.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: